Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth once again frustrates veterans.

PhreazerBurn

7 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I had a housemate recently who instead of just accepting it and using white noise when nearby apartments were being loud, would instead put holes in the wall with his fist, and scream and shout futilely as if they would hear him or care. I swear he was getting a rush from it. I think some people are actually addicted to finding something pointless to whinge about. 

I had that (and squirrels in the attic) and I couldn't cope with it. I think it triggered my anxiety...? Anyway, I would freak out.

I've moved and had some peace so I can mellow out now. I think I can endure horrible, mind crushing sounds for a short time before I need to leave the area. It's an improvement and I don't freak out anymore (but sometimes I still break down crying in the middle of loud shopping malls).

I said all that out loud? Was that weird?

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

...Sorry for getting weird...

About Helminth, it is what it is. You're right that there's no point in complaining about it now.

1 minute ago, LillyRaccune said:

About Helminth, it is what it is. You're right that there's no point in complaining about it now.

It's not as if I expect them to change it now, but they need all the negative feedback about this so they avoid repeating the blunder in the future. The people here saying it's "fine" are doing a disservice to themselves and their fellow players in the long run.

32 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Same I only needed to get about 3 or 4 frames, I'd had that many parts left over in the foundry from when I farmed them originally and helping out new players and mates, I had them all built ready to go by the time Helminth dropped, oh I feel so hard done by.

I guess the ones hard done by are the neat freaks who delete everything they've built because it looked messy. CJ1Iq.gif

I've always told the clan mates keep one of everything you have built and it might be useful one day, they never listen. 🤣

4 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

No indication was actually given as to what they might be used for or when and they occupied slots you needed for newer gear. What a crap take.

The only crap take here is you didn't read my post properly, I did state the parts left over in my Foundry they do not take up slots sitting in the Foundry.

9 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

I had that (and squirrels in the attic) and I couldn't cope with it. I think it triggered my anxiety...? Anyway, I would freak out.

I've moved and had some peace so I can mellow out now. I think I can endure horrible, mind crushing sounds for a short time before I need to leave the area. It's an improvement and I don't freak out anymore (but sometimes I still break down crying in the middle of loud shopping malls).

I said all that out loud? Was that weird?

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

...Sorry for getting weird...

I get what you are saying actually, it is not that uncommon. 

Some people literally have something called misophonia (I think that's the word for it), which I have wondered if my housemate had, being extremely bothered by certain sounds to a greater degree than most people. For me, I guess part of it is growing up with a lot of siblings in a creaky old house so I learned to use white noise and my imagination to cope despite being a swirling mass of anxiety pretty much at all times lmao. I don't like bothersome sounds either, but I learned how to tune them out, for the most part.

However, I will say, I am freakily bad with anything on any kind of whiteboard/blackboard/chalkboard, whether it is a marker/chalk, etc. You know the expression, "fingernails on a chalkboard"? Anything on any board sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard to me lol. The high pitch squeaking drives me nuts, but I can distinguish music notes well so maybe I'm especially sensitive idk lol. 

For me I just always have a super loud box fan on at all times. Helps my peace of mind with my OCD haha. : ) 

Just now, FrostDragoon said:

It's not as if I expect them to change it now, but they need all the negative feedback about this so they avoid repeating the blunder in the future. The people here saying it's "fine" are doing a disservice to themselves and their fellow players in the long run.

You have a point. I've kinda just resigned myself to be in a submissive relationship with DE. When they aren't looking, I try to do things my way. But I've basically lost all hope of DE doing some things that I think are reasonable.

Like how DE killed Gara's Kolidia's armor effect when all the players were asking for was a toggle. Don't give me hope.

Jeremy Renner Endgame GIF

2 hours ago, FrostDragoon said:

What a load of garbage. The "two weeks warning" doesn't matter because those old frames were already long gone. Some of those farms are a PITA I didn't want to have to repeat and wouldn't have to if they hadn't gone about this all wrong. New players won't have to. I don't know why people are being so dumb about this. The concept isn't hard to grasp. Cool you don't value some of the resources it takes (especially Nitain, which I could be spending those creds on more potatoes instead of this crap), but I don't appreciate being taxed extra for being among those players who helped the game be successful enough to get this far. It's not even asking for special treatment. It's just asking to not be penalized.

You are actually asking for special treatment, you're asking for compensation. You don't seem to understand that. If you value Nitain you're not a veteran anyway. You got to enjoy Helminth all this time(or had the choice to). And just like before you can choose to rush it to get the new stuff or you can take your time. Nothing has changed. God this entire thread was created by a whiner with less than 1000 hours played, claiming to be a veteran and blah blah blah until I exposed him and he hasn't said a word since.

27 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

You are actually asking for special treatment, you're asking for compensation. You don't seem to understand that. If you value Nitain you're not a veteran anyway. You got to enjoy Helminth all this time(ot had the choice to). And just like before you can choose to rush it to get the new stuff or you can take your time. Nothing has changed. God this entire thread was created by a whiner with less than 1000 hours played, claiming to be a veteran and blah blah blah until I exposed him and he hasn't said a word since.

I agree with you in this instance, but probably just because I really don't have that many hours played in game for someone who has been around this long, even with the hiatus I have taken, I think it is important to consider other metrics (although I know I sound personally biased here haha :wink:). I probably don't even have 1400 hours actually in mission but I don't need help to gear up for any missions in game [including soloing most things and being the carry in pub the rest of the time], have a stockpile of resources I don't need, and have a varied and forma'd arsenal and a vast array of corrupted and primed mods et al that are minimum rank 9, and a decent array of arcanes I don't need for most situations. I've also been around, on and off, since 2015, but I waste a lot of time when bored at work on the forums haha. Does that make me a "veteran"? Who knows, idk and I don't care if it does, but what I do know is the OP isn't one , lmao. 

1 hour ago, LillyRaccune said:

You have a point. I've kinda just resigned myself to be in a submissive relationship with DE. When they aren't looking, I try to do things my way. But I've basically lost all hope of DE doing some things that I think are reasonable.

Like how DE killed Gara's Kolidia's armor effect when all the players were asking for was a toggle. Don't give me hope.

Jeremy Renner Endgame GIF

Different thing bro. DE clearly stated they tried to make a toggle for Garage and it created problems not worth trying to tackle. In other word, they took the issue and couldn't make it work. 

With Helminth, only a few players are whining about this non-issue. What's funny is I'm almost done with the levels since this pointless post began!! Lol!!

On 2021-07-08 at 3:16 AM, vanaukas said:

If only veterans weren't drowning on resources, wich is why they are called veterans...

I'm a veteran, played for years and in no way drowning in resources. In fact I've always been in a recourse drought ever since I started playing. So that statement is very wrong.

Archived