The Ambassador of Grind

*Note: So happy for the new Sisters update, having a ball farming and testing new stuff! So before I get to the meat of this tread, thanks DE for the hard work you are putting in through the difficult Rona times. However, I've done some MATH for your consideration... (and the rest of yall as well)

So for those of you who don't know, the Ambassador is a new Corpus assault rifle with decent stats that came with the Sisters of Parvos update. To acquire said weapon, you will need to farm railjack survival missions in the veil proxima (BP), Venus proxima (barrel), Neptune proxima (Stock) and lastly Pluto proxima (receiver). All parts drop in rotation C (20min) from survival missions with a 8.33% drop chance.

Yeah...

*******Math time!!!!!!!!!!

On a 8.33% chance you are looking at running an expected 26 missions with 53 runs nearly guaranteed a drop of said part you are looking for. 

That is an expected 26 x 23min(Avr mission length)= 7.66 hours per part for a total of 7.66 x 4(parts)= 30.6 hours

With a guaranteed 53 x 23min= 20.32 hours per part for a total of 81.28 hours.

That's a little insane in my opinion. Obviously if you are lucky you can get all 4 parts in a minimum of 80 mins if you roll a nat 20 with RNGeesus but realistically you are looking at between 25 and 45 hours.

That kind of grind is probably one of the worst I've seen in Warframe to date (subjectively, put away the pitchforks), and we've seen some bad one's (looking at you Hema). This is further compounded by the fact that Ash parts are also lucked behind a rotation C defense farm in railjack.

This is coming from someone who has spent 2105 hours on this game. So clearly DE has been doing something right to some degree. But it is red flags like these that are starting to irk me. It is obvious to everyone with more than a few brain cells that DE has been racking their brain about how to get people playing railjack. But locking parts behind literal in-game days of grind isn't the way to do it. Burnout is a real thing. Do design teams actually think that shipping things like this is ok?

My intention with this thread is to try to understand and hear other feedback as this is something that I am concerned about. DE used to have a great track record in my book when it came to creating this game, open communication, transparency and pure balls to do what they wanted in pursuit of the vision they had for the game. It makes me sad when I say that I no longer think that DE has the same drive they once had and I don't know when it changed... I'll be honest when I say the dubious design choices are getting to me now... 

• Like 60

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Axiom-ZA said:

*Note: So happy for the new Sisters update, having a ball farming and testing new stuff! So before I get to the meat of this tread, thanks DE for the hard work you are putting in through the difficult Rona times. However, I've done some MATH for your consideration... (and the rest of yall as well)

So for those of you who don't know, the Ambassador is a new Corpus assault rifle with decent stats that came with the Sisters of Parvos update. To acquire said weapon, you will need to farm railjack survival missions in the veil proxima (BP), Venus proxima (barrel), Neptune proxima (Stock) and lastly Pluto proxima (receiver). All parts drop in rotation C (20min) from survival missions with a 8.33% drop chance.

Yeah...

*******Math time!!!!!!!!!!

On a 8.33% chance you are looking at running an expected 26 missions with 53 runs nearly guaranteed a drop of said part you are looking for. 

That is an expected 26 x 23min(Avr mission length)= 7.66 hours per part for a total of 7.66 x 4(parts)= 30.6 hours

With a guaranteed 53 x 23min= 20.32 hours per part for a total of 81.28 hours.

That's a little insane in my opinion. Obviously if you are lucky you can get all 4 parts in a minimum of 80 mins if you roll a nat 20 with RNGeesus but realistically you are looking at between 25 and 45 hours.

That kind of grind is probably one of the worst I've seen in Warframe to date (subjectively, put away the pitchforks), and we've seen some bad one's (looking at you Hema). This is further compounded by the fact that Ash parts are also lucked behind a rotation C defense farm in railjack.

This is coming from someone who has spent 2105 hours on this game. So clearly DE has been doing something right to some degree. But it is red flags like these that are starting to irk me. It is obvious to everyone with more than a few brain cells that DE has been racking their brain about how to get people playing railjack. But locking parts behind literal in-game days of grind isn't the way to do it. Burnout is a real thing. Do design teams actually think that shipping things like this is ok?

My intention with this thread is to try to understand and hear other feedback as this is something that I am concerned about. DE used to have a great track record in my book when it came to creating this game, open communication, transparency and pure balls to do what they wanted in pursuit of the vision they had for the game. It makes me sad when I say that I no longer think that DE has the same drive they once had and I don't know when it changed... I'll be honest when I say the dubious design choices are getting to me now... 

That moment when you think farming 1 item for +/- 40 hours is bad
While you wasted 1000+ hours farming other items

? ? ?

But for real thats kinda my point
We waste so much time to farm so many items 
That complaining about 1 item makes no sense

I know players at MR 25 that never seen WAR BP dropping from stalker

And on top of that we are getting so many new items to grind each update
Yet no means to reduce the grind
That i stopped giving a crap anymore and you should also

Just go with that BS say "WHATEVAH" grind your way trough and never think about it again

And trust me your gameplay experience will become allot better

Thats only way to survive it

=========================
EDIT BELOW

Prime example

For some of us we waste more time trying to spawn kuva larvling with 1 of 3 new kuva weapons than uncovering murmurs

Edited by ZeroX4
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

? ? ?

Just go with that BS say "WHATEVAH" grind your way trough and never think about it again

I hear you, but this was never about me complaining about 1000+ hours. I liked those 100+ hours,  those hours I spent in game were times I needed to escape my sometimes mundane and hectic life. What I am saying is that locking content behind a game mode for 40+hours is a silly design choice. If your opinion is different and the "I stopped giving a crap" route is your way of doing things, then all power to you friend.

Edited by Axiom-ZA
  • Like 23

5 minutes ago, Axiom-ZA said:

I hear you, but this was never about me complaining about 1000+ hours. I liked those 100+ hours,  those hours I spent in game were times I needed to escape my sometimes mundane and hectic life. What I am saying is that locking content behind a game mode for 40+hours is a silly design choice. If your opinion is different and the "I stopped giving a crap" route is your way of doing things, then all power to you friend.

NO NO NO 

You didnt get it

I meant that you are like 

1 item for 40 hours is bad
3 items for 15 hours each is good?

Yeah i like to waste time to escape reality like you on gameplay that i enjoy and i dont like to be stuck in 1 spot for 40 hours to get 1 item
But when you think about it is wasting 50 hours to get 3 items is anymore OW KAY than that?

We wasted so much time for all our items that complaining about 1 item is meaningless

And on top of that 1 thing that we can be 100% sure that with each update it will just continue
So its better not to give a crap and just go along with it

But in anyway never i did say you are wrong or even meant to since for me you are 100% right

• Like 3

considering the RNG chances of getting a Kuva larvling/Sister-to-be that I want to spawn, and all the associated farming, I can't say as this really bothers me. and whilst it is time consuming to keep running to rotation C, I've been looking for things to do in warframe for a while. 

others complain about the grind: I run up to it and punch it in the face until it gives me what I want. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

? ? ?

EDIT BELOW

Prime example

For some of us we waste more time trying to spawn kuva larvling with 1 of 3 new kuva weapons than uncovering murmurs

I've never seen hate bp yet.

4 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Every time DE adds something a thread pops out claming that "this is the worst grind ever", same flawed math based on assumptions (since we are discussing RNG and RNG won't care about your math). And every time this kind of thread ("math threads"), this image pops in my head while thinking on OP:

5ofw3g34ncv41.png

:D you go Glen Coco...

9 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

same flawed math based on assumptions (since we are discussing RNG and RNG won't care about your math)pops in my head while thinking on OP:

Thats not how math works.

• Like 18

30 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

You ever hear about the whole field of statistics?

Yeah, but every time people rely on that kind of math only screw themselves because RNG it's RNG. You've never saw a thread about "I've run this mission X amount of times this RNG is flawed I should got this item by now"?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Yeah, but every time people rely on that kind of math only screw themselves because RNG it's RNG. You've never saw a thread about "I've run this mission X amount of times this RNG is flawed I should got this item by now"?

Your understanding of probability seems flawed sir...

• Like 22

1 minute ago, Axiom-ZA said:

Your understanding of probability seems flawed sir...

Read again but slowly this time. It's not my "impression" on probability, I'm talking about the average user understanding on RNG

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vanaukas said:

Read again but slowly this time. It's not my "impression" on probability, I'm talking about the average user understanding on RNG

We got a live one here.

• Like 17

it is rare that i ever buy a frame or weapon outright with platinum.  however, when i see time of efforts and drop probabilities like that with khora, harrow and such, i decide i am saving some time of life and supreme frustrations and outright purchasing.  when i saw the c-rotation and that % chance for its parts, i immediately purchased it in the market  >..<

• Like 3

Given that i farmed 2 parts and one of them isnt on my inventory its harder to farm than u think, seems like if ur not host u dont get the part, but thats just speculation on my part from what i seen so far... Gl reproducing the bug with 25 minuts mission and 8 % drop chacnes rofl :p

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Redfeather75 said:

I think it's an inside joke. An ambassador is a representative of something and if it represents railjack taking forever to get and being letdown is perfect.

Love how at least someone got it... Thank you

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Redfeather75 said:

It's railjack, so it's EXTREME GRINDING. Cowabunga dude!

after 2000+ hours in this game, i'm numb to most types of grinding and treat it as a secondary objective to farming prime parts and affinity (which is shared beautifully in RJ missions)

• Like 2