Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Ambassador of Grind

Axiom-ZA

1 minute ago, minininja77 said:

it took me 5 years to get a brakk BP to drop so nothing is the hardest thing to farm in just 4 days

When I managed to get last brakk part I needed earlier this year it was bitter sweet. It was so weak by now compared to kuva brakk, but those pieces I had were finally no longer dangling in front of me with nowhere to go. Crafted, mastered, sold. Such a relief.

3 hours ago, vanaukas said:

Read again but slowly this time. It's not my "impression" on probability, I'm talking about the average user understanding on RNG

I followed your advice, unfortunately nowhere in the thread did I see you pointing out "average user understanding on RNG". That's why I said that you may have miss understood probability. RNG (random number generator/ing) isn't completely random sir. The base code the game uses is based in % values. It means that every time you run a survival mission in warframe you have an 8.33% or 8.33/100 chance to get a part for an ambassador part. Meaning that if you are really unlucky you have to spend the x amount of time I stipulated, nothing more nothing less, I am not a ass dude, I love the game, just frustrated that people can't see why I am upset. I dont have 80+ hours in my live extra to spend on useless farms. If you do, good for you, if you are going to resent me for my opinion, screw you.

5 minutes ago, minininja77 said:

it took me 5 years to get a brakk BP to drop so nothing is the hardest thing to farm in just 4 days

But this is my point, took me 3 years to get Dispair, we all have S#&$ RNG at some point in the game, but I mean for an active farm (not a random boss like stalker or g3) would you farm 35+hours ?

3 minutes ago, Axiom-ZA said:

I followed your advice, unfortunately nowhere in the thread did I see you pointing out "average user understanding on RNG". That's why I said that you may have miss understood probability. RNG (random number generator/ing) isn't completely random sir. The base code the game uses is based in % values. It means that every time you run a survival mission in warframe you have an 8.33% or 8.33/100 chance to get a part for an ambassador part. Meaning that if you are really unlucky you have to spend the x amount of time I stipulated, nothing more nothing less, I am not a ass dude, I love the game, just frustrated that people can't see why I am upset. I dont have 80+ hours in my live extra to spend on useless farms. If you do, good for you, if you are going to resent me for my opinion, screw you.

4 hours ago, vanaukas said:

Yeah, but every time people rely on that kind of math only screw themselves because RNG it's RNG. You've never saw a thread about "I've run this mission X amount of times this RNG is flawed I should got this item by now"?

There, highlighted for you.

10 minutes ago, EdinaMonsoon said:

after 2000+ hours in this game, i'm numb to most types of grinding and treat it as a secondary objective to farming prime parts and affinity (which is shared beautifully in RJ missions)

This should probably become my state of mind I guess. This thread broke my spirit to be honest. Didn't know what I was hoping for

2 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

There, highlighted for you.

That's not a discussion or a fact sir, that's at most your opinion or viewpoint. Just because that's the way you think and feel doesn't make it objectively correct. Recheck your facts please. As far as I can tell your argument is that I should shut up and just grind, cause that's how the game is... Well then if thats the case, you are reinforcing my point. A developer that forces repetitive actions on its player base will lose them eventually. 

8 minutes ago, Axiom-ZA said:

That's not a discussion or a fact sir, that's at most your opinion or viewpoint. Just because that's the way you think and feel doesn't make it objectively correct. Recheck your facts please. As far as I can tell your argument is that I should shut up and just grind, cause that's how the game is... Well then if thats the case, you are reinforcing my point. A developer that forces repetitive actions on its player base will lose them eventually. 

I never said that, I just said that every single time DE adds anything to farm, it's the worst farm ever according to forum users. I could spend a lot of effort pointing out worst farms, but yes, in my opinion doing maths on "expected results" from RNG is meaningless. I want to point out that I find pretty nauseating your passive-agresive tone, calling me "sir" and then "screw you" because I don't agree with you on your premise: This isn't the worst farm in game. If you want to farm it or not it's up to you, I'm not even interested on the weapon and I'm not gonna lecture you on what you do with your time.

And , finally, it's not an opinion that the average user come here to do math threads and point out wiki calcs and then say, literally: "I've run this mission X amount of times this RNG is flawed I should got this item by now" wich is not how this works at all. 

2 hours ago, Jylon said:

it is rare that i ever buy a frame or weapon outright with platinum.  however, when i see time of efforts and drop probabilities like that with khora, harrow and such, i decide i am saving some time of life and supreme frustrations and outright purchasing.  when i saw the c-rotation and that % chance for its parts, i immediately purchased it in the market  >..<

From a business point of view this is probably what its all about... 

The Ambassador grind honestly doesn't sound that bad. Just about par for the course of survival rot C farms. Now I haven't crunched the numbers but I'm sure there are worse grinds in the game. Like you said Hema is amongst the worst. So is War or any mark assassin weapon really.

I think there is more to what makes grinds bad than just the time.
The activity itself can also make the grind worse. I'm looking at you Nidus.

I won't fault you for getting tired of the same grinds over and over again though. There are only so many times you can do the same thing before it becomes boring and maybe you've just hit that limit which makes the Ambassador grind seem worse.

For example I'm getting annoyed with having to unlock Sister lich candidates over and over again until I get the weapon I want, despite it only taking a few minutes each roll.

4 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I never said that, I just said that every single time DE adds anything to farm, it's the worst farm ever according to forum users. I could spend a lot of effort pointing out worst farms, but yes, in my opinion doing maths on "expected results" from RNG is meaningless. I want to point out that I find pretty nauseating your passive-agresive tone, calling me "sir" and then "screw you" because I don't agree with you on your premise: This isn't the worst farm in game. If you want to farm it or not it's up to you, I'm not even interested on the weapon and I'm not gonna lecture you on what you do with your time.

And , finally, it's not an opinion that the average user come here to do math threads and point out wiki calcs and then say, literally: "I've run this mission X amount of times this RNG is flawed I should got this item by now" wich is not how this works at all. 

1st off, calling someone sir in my culture is a sign of respect. I never meant to hurt anyone's feelings. So I'm sorry if it did. 2nd, "in my opinion doing math on "expected results" from RNG is meaningless." I am agreeing with you, just not to the same extent. You and a few of the people on this thread have excepted that this is just the way DE is now... I can't. They were not like this is the past, and I'm sure as hell going to call them out on it.

29 minutes ago, Axiom-ZA said:

But this is my point, took me 3 years to get Dispair, we all have S#&amp;&#036; RNG at some point in the game, but I mean for an active farm (not a random boss like stalker or g3) would you farm 35+hours ?

I spent over 200+ beacons on the G3 on top of doing mission to get them on my arss so far less random than you think, its how the game works either you except it or find another game with better RNG

7 minutes ago, Sazero said:

The Ambassador grind honestly doesn't sound that bad. Just about par for the course of survival rot C farms. Now I haven't crunched the numbers but I'm sure there are worse grinds in the game. Like you said Hema is amongst the worst. So is War or any mark assassin weapon really.

I think there is more to what makes grinds bad than just the time.
The activity itself can also make the grind worse. I'm looking at you Nidus.

I won't fault you for getting tired of the same grinds over and over again though. There are only so many times you can do the same thing before it becomes boring and maybe you've just hit that limit which makes the Ambassador grind seem worse.

For example I'm getting annoyed with having to unlock Sister lich candidates over and over again until I get the weapon I want, despite it only taking a few minutes each roll.

Very well said, I'd be fine if it was a 2.% drop across 3 rotations... 

5 minutes ago, Axiom-ZA said:

1st off, calling someone sir in my culture is a sign of respect. I never meant to hurt anyone's feelings. So I'm sorry if it did. 2nd, "in my opinion doing math on "expected results" from RNG is meaningless." I am agreeing with you, just not to the same extent. You and a few of the people on this thread have excepted that this is just the way DE is now... I can't. They were not like this is the past, and I'm sure as hell going to call them out on it.

Then continue with your "respect" or screw you. That sound like respect to you? Because it doesn't sound like respect t me and* that's what you literally did.

Now, I can  understand you are frustrated but that doesn't give you the right to lie about what I've said here. So, please, quote me where I said "this is the way DE is" or whatever, because the only thing I did was laugh on the math threads regarding RNG and proving background on why I laugh at them, maybe you are confusing my responses with other users. 

Despair is a passive grind, as is brakk. You just play wf and your chance to get it shows up. No one's ever gonna play these proxima missions because their tables are hot garbage coupled with ambassador. I was hoping at least holokeys would be in there but nope.

3 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Lol, no, I was talking in line with the next sentence you ommited, wich is opinting out people who expect some kind of RNG in their favor because they run multiple missions, on the basis that the "expected result" on that kind of math is based on a "trully" expected-nearly guaranteed drop, probably because some games indeed works like that, but not here.

So no, congratulations on getting frustrated over your own assumptions... Just like with your math. Have a nice day.

Jesus Christ.... Please for the love of god.... https://xplainthegame.com/dropchance-calculator/ Go back to middle school or what ever the hell its called in your country. My patience with your stupidity has run it's course

1 hour ago, EdinaMonsoon said:

after 2000+ hours in this game, i'm numb to most types of grinding and treat it as a secondary objective to farming prime parts and affinity (which is shared beautifully in RJ missions)

This is how I play it too. I play the game for fun while getting stuff in the process. Super happy playing this way.

1 hour ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

This is how I play it too. I play the game for fun while getting stuff in the process. Super happy playing this way.

Okay.

Venus/Luckless Expanse (Skirmish)
Rotation A
100 Endo Common (40.00%)
Lavan Engines Mk I Uncommon (20.00%)
Lavan Reactor Mk I Uncommon (20.00%)
Lith G4 Relic Rare (6.67%)
Lith B8 Relic Rare (6.67%)
Lith K6 Relic Rare (6.67%)
Rotation B
100 Endo Common (35.29%)
Lavan Shield Array Mk I Uncommon (17.65%)
Vidar Engines Mk I Uncommon (17.65%)
Lavan Plating Mk I Uncommon (17.65%)
Lith P5 Relic Rare (5.88%)
Lith A4 Relic Rare (5.88%)
Rotation C
150 Endo Common (33.33%)
Vidar Reactor Mk I Uncommon (12.50%)
Vidar Shield Array Mk I Uncommon (12.50%)
Vidar Plating Mk I Uncommon (12.50%)
Ambassador Barrel Rare (8.33%)
Ash Systems Blueprint Rare (8.33%)
Lith I1 Relic Rare (6.25%)
Lith T4 Relic Rare (6.25%)

Sadly the Ambassador does turn me off from getting it, more so from the grind. It looks like a cool gun but its crit chance is a no no for me. Though it does have a very nice status chance.

Yes I am aware my weapon taste is very picky.

15 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

That moment when you think farming 1 item for +/- 40 hours is bad
While you wasted 1000+ hours farming other items

? ? ?

But for real thats kinda my point
We waste so much time to farm so many items 
That complaining about 1 item makes no sense

I know players at MR 25 that never seen WAR BP dropping from stalker

And on top of that we are getting so many new items to grind each update
Yet no means to reduce the grind
That i stopped giving a crap anymore and you should also

Just go with that BS say "WHATEVAH" grind your way trough and never think about it again

And trust me your gameplay experience will become allot better

Thats only way to survive it

=========================
EDIT BELOW
=========================

Prime example

For some of us we waste more time trying to spawn kuva larvling with 1 of 3 new kuva weapons than uncovering murmurs

A better way to say it is to stack objectives/goals while playing and let things like this come to you over time.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Silverback73 said:

A better way to say it is to stack objectives/goals while playing and let things like this come to you over time.

I only miss Kuva Grattler 
Im already 2+ hours in trying to spawn larvling with it

Please educate me what objectives/goals i can stack with trying to spawn larvling with that weapon?

That is one weapon i am going to pass on , the stats are good but i dont see myself farming for that exclusively ,

maybe if they make the survival actually railjack based (or some other rotation based mode using railjack for the actual core mission) in some distant future and not what it is now i may consider to do it passively.

I do not really feel strongly about this , i am angry that they diluted the ash parts even more though. Base warframes especially ones that are not that popular being put behind a multi level mission with rotations is in poor taste.

Archived