Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Ambassador of Grind

Axiom-ZA

This rotation C drop chance reminds me so much of the old Orokin Towers.

You get a key, invite 3 other people, and kill stuff for 20 minutes. Get a forma (those were a dime a dozen back in the day). Shed a tear or a hundred, curled up somewhere and sob some more, Then get a key and invite 3 other people again. And it goes on.

11 hours ago, OP-R8R said:

Sure we wasted +1000 hours farming other items in warframe... more precisely 640 other items ... which is if you put it into perspective not even much grind per item. At least not compared to the  45-80 hours for just that ONE item.

SOOO

Problem is not in time but in reward
You didnt get paid enough for your work

Since wasting more 100 hours seems ok for you but what you get in return seems not so ok

Then why use time as measurement?

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Hyperion Rexx said:

This isn't about the grind.

This is about getting players to spend plat.

Pretty much.
I Tried to do one rotation C. Determined this was not fun. And considered this a hard pass on this weapon.
Holo keys are almost as bad, but at least there are alternative missions to farm quickly.

On 2021-07-08 at 3:15 PM, Axiom-ZA said:

That kind of grind is probably one of the worst I've seen in Warframe to date (subjectively, put away the pitchforks), and we've seen some bad one's (looking at you Hema). This is further compounded by the fact that Ash parts are also lucked behind a rotation C defense farm in railjack.

Farm sellable items that you think is fun to farm and sell them. Then buy the weapon. There is nothing wrong with grinding if the grind doesn't surpass that "line" which is highly personal. I will not farm this weapon since the grind is insane and sadly I don't think DE cares, they need to force people into Railjack. As someone that like Railjack I would gladly farm the weapon if it were a Railjack mission, not a survival mission hidden behind 10min forced Railjack time wasting.

Anekdot: I didn't think the Hema farm was that bad. I farmed the 5k samples my self a long time ago, back when the drop-rates were low. But there is a clear goal and the mutagen samples drop-rate is adjustable. It actually became quite fun to farm since I tried many different setups, missions. I finally reached 270 samples per 20 min survival on derelict. So the first 1000 took many hours and the last 3000 took less than 4 hours. Nekros + drop rate and resource booster + efficient play. Must be really fast on Steel path today.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)ScooterLaroo said:

I still think some things need to be rebalanced with the grind.

They just need to take it off the freaking C rotations.

I don't know why DE has this fetish for Railjack C rotations but it really is getting absurd.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb ZeroX4:

SOOO

Problem is not in time but in reward
You didnt get paid enough for your work

Since wasting more 100 hours seems ok for you but what you get in return seems not so ok

Then why use time as measurement?

No, I actually think the issue is the time. I went through some of the most insane grinds of this game already... with other weapons close to equally hard to get. In the end DE often used to lower the criteria to get these items after months or years. I think it would be better to spare us players with the frustration and start with reasonable criteria to begin with. And if there is a weapon that is hard to get you at least should have other useful rewards in the reward pool to make the grind path a bit more bearable. In case of this weapon the other rewards are just trash that nobody needs.

On top of that situation is the messed up design of this mission. A Railjack survival C rotatoin. That means only a small chance after +20mins. If you do a public game and the host leaves you might even get kicked prior reaching that C rotation. This is a totally messed up design. It is absurd to expect players to play such if they are constantly at risk of being kicked out before reaching the point where they potentially might get the desired reward.

Railjack missions by default are already longer due to the initial railjack part for which we barely get rewarded... which would be another reason to say that time is an issue.

Generally I even think that it is ridiculous that you can farm the plat to buy the weapon significantly faster than to get the item in the regular way.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Xerkaw:

Pretty much.
I Tried to do one rotation C. Determined this was not fun. And considered this a hard pass on this weapon.
Holo keys are almost as bad, but at least there are alternative missions to farm quickly.

this is more of a donkey test:
according to wiki comments, the weapon is nothing special and even mediocre. so would people just buy it for showing off? mr32 it will not be possible for a long time. in addition, the reward for mr31 is what for april 1st in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Battle.Mage said:

so would people just buy it for showing off?

I bought it simply because I fell in love with the aesthetic and concept behind it.

Which is also why I'm on a one-man Crusade to get the gun at least brought up to "not a bad joke" tier.

vor 57 Minuten schrieb Sojufueled:

The worst part is you have to solo it because no group in railjack is going to want to stick around for C rotation.

No. worst part is: you actually want to farm it. WHAT FOR????

I saw a guy who absolutely needed it, because he MUST have UNCONDITIONED all the items from the game . (even if he doesn't use it at all)
I can only laugh about that.

On 2021-07-14 at 8:26 AM, Aldain said:

I bought it simply because I fell in love with the aesthetic and concept behind it.

Which is also why I'm on a one-man Crusade to get the gun at least brought up to "not a bad joke" tier.

Considering how hard it is to get, it would be nice for it to not be the new Assault Rifle Stug.  OnO

4 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

Considering how hard it is to get, it would be nice for it to not be the new Assault Rifle Stug.  OnO

It's better than that at least...but basically you can slap Hunter Munitions on a Braton and get roughly the same results you can with the Ambassador and that's the vast majority of the issues the gun has (aside from the bugged AoE).

I don't know how DE managed to make the Fulmin and the Stahlta but bungled the Ambassador this hard.

On 2021-07-14 at 4:32 AM, Sojufueled said:

Yeah, the ambassador is going to rest along the sibear in the list of weapons I will never use.

The Sibear should only take 5-6 hours to grind for - or less than 3 if you use a resource booster. Compare that, the worst, most over the top, how much cryotic, you're joking right, weapon in the game to the ambassador time requirement, then you know DE has lost the plot completely.

Update: got the receiver, just the BP left. Been doing one or two 4-rotation runs after I cleared out the relics the missions drop. So for last week, I started running the Venus mission on Monday after I cleared out the Liths. This week I only started running the Pluto mission on Thursday - the Neo Fissures refresh wasn't very favourable this week.

Honestly, maybe I'm just really lucky, but it didn't feel like 8% drop chance to me. I've had worse grinds.

On 2021-07-14 at 7:59 AM, Currilicious said:

This rotation C drop chance reminds me so much of the old Orokin Towers.

You get a key, invite 3 other people, and kill stuff for 20 minutes. Get a forma (those were a dime a dozen back in the day). Shed a tear or a hundred, curled up somewhere and sob some more, Then get a key and invite 3 other people again. And it goes on.

There was never a case where ALL parts of a prime were in a C rotation though. The worst I can think of is 2 C rotation Vauban Prime parts from T4 Def and T3 Surv.

The grind wouldn't be as bad if it wasn't all 20minute survivals for every part and at such low chance. I mean if 2 parts were on C rotation, 1 on A and 1 on B it would be acceptable....

Survivals is the biggest culprit here. Hours of Mindnumbing killing with 150 endo and even ash systems as a possible reward is just infuriating. 

Edit: Already spend somehwere around 7 hours grinding for 1 part with nothing to show for it... Well, nothing useful. I got 3 Ash System blueprints, a few relics and a lot of endo..... why Ash Systems?!?!?!

On 2021-07-18 at 3:15 PM, Jitsuryoku said:

Edit: Already spend somehwere around 7 hours grinding for 1 part with nothing to show for it... Well, nothing useful. I got 3 Ash System blueprints, a few relics and a lot of endo..... why Ash Systems?!?!?!

I'm at 7h mark without a single part dropped... and nothing usefull from drops as well :( 

That crazy tenat melee farm at least shows some slow progress, but ambassador is really disencouraging 

On 2021-07-08 at 9:15 AM, Axiom-ZA said:

*Note: So happy for the new Sisters update, having a ball farming and testing new stuff! So before I get to the meat of this tread, thanks DE for the hard work you are putting in through the difficult Rona times. However, I've done some MATH for your consideration... (and the rest of yall as well)

So for those of you who don't know, the Ambassador is a new Corpus assault rifle with decent stats that came with the Sisters of Parvos update. To acquire said weapon, you will need to farm railjack survival missions in the veil proxima (BP), Venus proxima (barrel), Neptune proxima (Stock) and lastly Pluto proxima (receiver). All parts drop in rotation C (20min) from survival missions with a 8.33% drop chance.

Yeah...

*******Math time!!!!!!!!!!

On a 8.33% chance you are looking at running an expected 26 missions with 53 runs nearly guaranteed a drop of said part you are looking for. 

That is an expected 26 x 23min(Avr mission length)= 7.66 hours per part for a total of 7.66 x 4(parts)= 30.6 hours

With a guaranteed 53 x 23min= 20.32 hours per part for a total of 81.28 hours.

That's a little insane in my opinion. Obviously if you are lucky you can get all 4 parts in a minimum of 80 mins if you roll a nat 20 with RNGeesus but realistically you are looking at between 25 and 45 hours.

That kind of grind is probably one of the worst I've seen in Warframe to date (subjectively, put away the pitchforks), and we've seen some bad one's (looking at you Hema). This is further compounded by the fact that Ash parts are also lucked behind a rotation C defense farm in railjack.

This is coming from someone who has spent 2105 hours on this game. So clearly DE has been doing something right to some degree. But it is red flags like these that are starting to irk me. It is obvious to everyone with more than a few brain cells that DE has been racking their brain about how to get people playing railjack. But locking parts behind literal in-game days of grind isn't the way to do it. Burnout is a real thing. Do design teams actually think that shipping things like this is ok?

My intention with this thread is to try to understand and hear other feedback as this is something that I am concerned about. DE used to have a great track record in my book when it came to creating this game, open communication, transparency and pure balls to do what they wanted in pursuit of the vision they had for the game. It makes me sad when I say that I no longer think that DE has the same drive they once had and I don't know when it changed... I'll be honest when I say the dubious design choices are getting to me now... 

and the xp gain is still bugged in RJ!!

soo much time wasted...

12 hours ago, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

I just grinded for 75% off coupon, my time is far more valuable than doing C rotation survival 

Paying plat for it is exactly what DE intend you to do when they make the grind this absurd. Screw that. L1 is attainable without a few weapons like this BS.

I looked at the grind for the Ambassador and came to the forums to see what others think. Found this thread and I'm almost sorry I did...

There are worse grinds out there - Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal for example - but at least in the case of those two finding a public team to go the distance isn't normally an issue. Even grinding for the Hema happens naturally over time as you do other missions in Deimos and Eris (extractors help too!) The biggest problem I see with the Ambassador grind is that no one seems to want to stay in Railjack Survival for more than one round, even in Void Storm missions. On top of that you have four different locations to grind, all with Round C drops. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's a first for Warframe. Protea/Stahlta/Stropha probably come close, but you don't have to spend 20 minutes in the Granum Void per drop roll.

Sadly, this will join the ranks of the few weapons that I've purchased for plat alongside the Braton Vandal, Lato Vandal and Hema. Come on 75% off coupon!!

Archived