Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenet Envoy constant beeping sound bug (Update 30.5 7/8/2021)

LordPantaloonsthe3rd

If you shoot an aimed missile from the Tenet Envoy and it hits a Nullifier shield it causes the beeping noise that plays while the missile is active to play on a loop. Sometimes the sound loop can be stopped if you fire another aimed missile and it successfully explodes but sometimes the sound bug lasts until the mission ends. This bug occurs in normal missions and the simulacrum, attached videos were recorded in the simulacrum for ease of recording.

-Reproduction

To trigger the bug: Using the Tenet Envoy, Fire aimed missile (hold RMB) at an active nullifier bubble. Very repeatable.

To (sometimes) stop the sound bug after it has occurred: Fire another aimed missile and ensure that it explodes normally and does not hit a nullifier bubble.

**However Sometimes this bug starts and firing another missile and ensuring it does not hit a nullifier bubble does not stop the sound bug. Once this occurs no amount of deliberate triggering of this sound bug has(so far) stopped the sound from playing and it continues until the mission is completed or abandoned. I do not know what triggers this second form of the bug where the sound is persistent and cannot be removed by another missile, I was unable to reproduce this in my session in the simulacrum but this has occurred in solo, host and client games in normal missions and can occur after the sound bug has been triggered and stopped already.

This happens regardless of the weapon being modded or not and has occurred for me in solo, host, and client games.

I have several videos (be sure to toggle sound on)

This one shows the bug occurring and shows that it can be stopped sometimes by firing another missile.

This one shows the bug occurring again, and shows that swapping to your secondary weapon does not stop the sound bug. It also shows the missiles floating in place where they hit the nullifier bubble

This video shows that the sound bug persists in the simulacrum even when you go into the arsenal and switch weapons completely. (swapped from tenet envoy to acceltra)

This video shows that leaving/finishing the current mission ends the sound bug.

Can confirm this as well. It happens to me rather often.
Nullifiers do seem to be the issue.
Also happens with variants of nullifiers, such as corrupted nullifiers.

I have noticed that in extended survival runs, sometimes the long-running beeping that can't be stopped will suddenly stop, seemingly without cause. I theorize that it might be related to one of two things:
1) Sufficient passage of time, such as if the rockets automatically despawn after x number of minutes
2) Perhaps it has to do with building up enough enemy drops and other entities to despawn the bugged rocket

At any rate, if the exact cause of the bug can't be discovered, I guess the solution would be to either have the rockets bounce off the nullifier shield and then continue to act normally or for the rockets to explode, despawn, and cease the beeping noise when they hit a nullifier shield.

Archived