Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash

Speerel

I don't see him among the players at all

I have certainly heard that he is good on a steel track.

But nobody takes him to regular lobbies because there is a much better alternative to DD (Sarin Mesa Gauss, etc.)

But he's a beautiful prime version

I would like to bring back his lazy 4th ability so that he becomes more popular.

1 minute ago, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

That wont make him popular, especially nowadays. Neither damage nor (as some people claim) clunkiness his true issue, its his speed. Simply put, he is too slow.

I disagree, to a degree. Ash is not the fastest frame but his biggest weakness is that his kit appears to be designed mostly around solo stealth missions (for which there are few). He is really fun to use in spy missions due to how bladestorm works now, but in regular gameplay his slower more tactical gameplay doesn't work very well.

Restoring his original Bladestorm would just turn him back into an afk starchart frame which is why it was reworked in the first place. Really he just needs the ability replaced outright or reworked to be more usable without returning him to lazy afk status.

But not much is going to make him more popular in normal missions as he doesn't offer anything that other frames do much better in those level ranges.

21 minutes ago, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

That wont make him popular, especially nowadays. Neither damage nor (as some people claim) clunkiness his true issue, its his speed. Simply put, he is too slow.

You can mod for speed, can't mod for clunkiness :(

Spoiler

ZXhVLU2.png

If Bladestorm's waggle to pet tiger nonsense was relaxed so I didn't have to throw my mouse across the room just to target enemies I'd be a lot happier with him. One mark for full damage, a generous targeting cone like Peacemaker, and some targeting synergies with his 1/2. Perfect. Maybe give him free targeting on Teleport too.

37 minutes ago, Speerel said:

I would like to bring back his lazy 4th ability so that he becomes more popular.

Batman Facepalm GIF by WE tv

this would achieve the exact opposite of what you want. sure, a lot of people used ash for a time before his rework, but it was more out of necessity to clear rooms fast than for any value of fun, because OG bladestorm wasn't fun. at all. it was a cutscene you couldn't skip that made enemies die.

Ash just needs another ability pass: the abilities he has work well, but could use some tweaks, like maybe allowing smoke Bomb to be thrown anywhere to blind enemies at a distance, and maybe turning his ult into a new mode where both the player and a pair of shadow clones go out and attack enemies with wrist-blades: it would keep the ability interactive while still allowing the player to affect multiple areas of a room easily. 

the icing on the cake is that the last public game I was in before logging of was an arbitration... and there was an Ash! :)

1 hour ago, PublikDomain said:

Fair, but theres only so many attack speed multipliers, and all of them combined wont beat a mesa/saryn/octavia/etc. if they let you attack all marked enemies at once, or increased the clone count to 5 or 6 then he would already be in a better spot. As for an aiming reticle, Id love something other then a pixel sized blip, especially as im on console and dont do the normal spastic spin pc playera can do. 

1 hour ago, PublikDomain said:

There is a warframe feedback section and people already have a discussion about Ash there. If you have interesting suggestion I suggest you post there.

His 4th doesn't have target issue, if you have enough range you could instantly mark whole group of enemies. The problem is that there is only 2 clones doing damage(3 if you teleport in) which makes his damage very slow comparing to other frame which can just press 1 button and move on. You can setup for BS that increase speed(+50% max from mod) or use crouch to shorten clones animation, but BS is still too slow compare to other AOE.

He's not a weak frame, just most content stuff dies too fast for BS to be worth using.

I honestly don't see the problem with Ash. He is really good against those pesky super armored enemies that has 90% damage reduction from armor or similar nonsense like that.
Which is pretty much Steel Path Grineer or sortie missions.

The reason you don't see Ash often is because, he really is a rare frame.
He has historically been hard to farm.
His prime variant has been in the vault for a long time, making him expensive to buy platwise.

Before I (re)-discovered how useful Banshee is in lich farming, I was using Ash to strip armor instantly.

Someone at DE wanted to remove him from the game, so here we are. He's in need of a rework, he's extremely soul crushing to get, he's too expensive to buy. I've moved on, but it still pisses me off that an ephemera requires his part to craft.

Ash is on the same tier with Frost, Loki, Mag, Nyx and mostly all old frames with are godlike in the right hands but too "slow" for regular content. All of them shine in long endurance runs or specific task. If I could make him sentient like Umbra, probably I wouldn't stop using it

The bladestorm sucks, and Ash have to use three abilities to play but none among the other three have noticeable advantage.

Bladestorm's most failed part is the 'marking' part and I wonder how ridiculous mind can ever imagine such an abomination. First, it is sucks like as using sniper rifles on the regular missions - all the sniper rifle can have any uses in the game is to attacking the weak spot of the bosses, nothing more. And It dramatically slow the gameplay. If you want an area dd, you can play the other frames, and why you are bothered to aim the enemy one by one, like as making the stitches? You better use your weapons and shoot the enemy, if you have the time to aim them.

Also the important point is, Ash is NOT a stealth frame and the Bladestorm is not work with his playstyle at all. Ash is designed to be an assault frame, that initiate with the smoke and kill the enemy fast then retreat with the smoke. If Bladestorm were on Loki, then it is perhaps acceptable because Loki is a stealth frame and need to hide and seek, but this is the ability on Ash, not Loki.

9 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Dumbest idea I've seen all week.

Sir, it is just the basic requirement to make Ash playable. It is not the far old time that Ash can actually dominates the meta by press 4 and forget. And even if he can simply press 4 to activate Bladestorm, it doesn't have much gap between even Volt.

Just now, DroopingPuppy said:

Sir, it is just the basic requirement to make Ash playable. It is not the far old time that Ash can actually dominates the meta by press 4 and forget. And even if he can simply press 4 to activate Bladestorm, it doesn't have much gap between even Volt.

No it isn't. Ash is actually really good in the hands of a good player, it's because he is NOT lazy that you don't see him, because most casual players can't think beyond pressing 4 to win. Ash is the strongest choice for Disruption endless, he's also a very good option for endless survival, he's simply not a cheese frame that beginners can simply rush through everything with and claim that they're good aka Saryn, Wukong etc.

3 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

No it isn't. Ash is actually really good in the hands of a good player, it's because he is NOT lazy that you don't see him, because most casual players can't think beyond pressing 4 to win. Ash is the strongest choice for Disruption endless, he's also a very good option for endless survival, he's simply not a cheese frame that beginners can simply rush through everything with and claim that they're good aka Saryn, Wukong etc.

Huh? Are you serious and do you understand what you have said? And even if it does, then why we didn't use the sniper rifles on the non-boss missions?

Just now, DroopingPuppy said:

Huh? Are you serious and do you understand what you have said? And even if it does, then why we didn't use the sniper rifles on the non-boss missions?

I think I understand better than you yes. What do sniper rifles have to do with Ash lol.

Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I think I understand better than you yes. What do sniper rifles have to do with Ash lol.

Because you can shoot the enemy instead, if you have the time to aim them manually, one by one. Although the sweeping the enemy can counts, but is it have much difference since the enemy is countless?

1 minute ago, DroopingPuppy said:

Because you can shoot the enemy instead, if you have the time to aim them manually, one by one. Although the sweeping the enemy can counts, but is it have much difference since the enemy is countless?

And you think I don't know what I'M saying lol... 

Sniper rifles don't fall under fast clearing now do they? Same as Ash doesn't which is again, why he's not a popular frame with casual players who don't like to think too hard. Newbies want to play the game as little as possible for their rewards, kinda backwards if you ask me. That's why nuke frames like Saryn are popular and Wukong for speed etc. Ash is a very good frame but not for rushing beginner stuff, now do you understand? Just because a frame isn't a nuke frame doesn't make it rubbish, if all we had was 50 frames the game would be even more boring than it is right now.

Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

And you think I don't know what I'M saying lol... 

Sniper rifles don't fall under fast clearing now do they? Same as Ash doesn't which is again, why he's not a popular frame with casual players who don't like to think too hard. Newbies want to play the game as little as possible for their rewards, kinda backwards if you ask me. That's why nuke frames like Saryn are popular and Wukong for speed etc. Ash is a very good frame but not for rushing beginner stuff, now do you understand? Just because a frame isn't a nuke frame doesn't make it rubbish, if all we had was 50 frames the game would be even more boring than it is right now.

Not being newbie frendly is not an issue at all, since he is not a beginner frame. The whole mechanism is just unplayable, and not worth the efforts even if you had a try. You don't need to obliterate everything around you but the ability needs to be usable at least.

2 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

Not being newbie frendly is not an issue at all, since he is not a beginner frame. The whole mechanism is just unplayable, and not worth the efforts even if you had a try. You don't need to obliterate everything around you but the ability needs to be usable at least.

But you can use the abilities it just requires effort. It's the same reason you see more Saryn's than Volt or Mag. They can all obliterate the area around them, it's just Saryn can do it with less effort. That's not a game failure, that's people being lazy, that's their own problem. I'm willing to bet the OP is also a veilef attempt to get his old "press 4 to win" frame back because he liked it, rather than so he can see more Ash frames around the place.

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

But you can use the abilities it just requires effort. It's the same reason you see more Saryn's than Volt or Mag. They can all obliterate the area around them, it's just Saryn can do it with less effort. That's not a game failure, that's people being lazy, that's their own problem. I'm willing to bet the OP is also a veilef attempt to get his old "press 4 to win" frame back because he liked it, rather than so he can see more Ash frames around the place.

What's the advantage of Ash, then? The others didn't requires such an extensive efforts like as making the stitches on the battlefield and makes the better result on the same time.

Archived