Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash

Speerel

5 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

No problem, I already gave you the example but I'll give it again, Endless Disruption. 
But you also need to get past the concept of a warframe not possibly being fun or good to use because it's not the top tier frame for a particular mission. You need to get off that train of thought, that's just a META point of view which shuns all other options to possible enjoy the game with. That kind of close minded-ness leads to ignoring 95% of a game's available gear "because this does it better". Who cares if it does it better? I have 6000 hours on Steam for this game, 3500 in missions. The game is so easy you can use anything and be successful so why not experiment and enjoy all the game has to offer instead of 20 things out of over 500?

Thanks, I didn't expect such a quick reply. So... as a demolisher hunter I understand the advantage. At least he is very, very good at 'remove' a few of non-boss enemy in a moment, and that's all you need in disruption.

Well, I think that the most 'bad' things on the game - not only Warframe, but the most games overall - are usually only have few niche advantage that the others are easily covers all the other parts but those others are not half bad at 'the bads' own niche either, or simply has the better replacement without any drawback at all(say, most normal weapons and its primed weapons). You will know that simply lackluster at every single area is very rare unless it is designed to be(like as MKI weapons, for they are expected for the practice, not the real combat on the high level).

1 hour ago, DroopingPuppy said:

Thanks, I didn't expect such a quick reply. So... as a demolisher hunter I understand the advantage. At least he is very, very good at 'remove' a few of non-boss enemy in a moment, and that's all you need in disruption.

Well, I think that the most 'bad' things on the game - not only Warframe, but the most games overall - are usually only have few niche advantage that the others are easily covers all the other parts but those others are not half bad at 'the bads' own niche either, or simply has the better replacement without any drawback at all(say, most normal weapons and its primed weapons). You will know that simply lackluster at every single area is very rare unless it is designed to be(like as MKI weapons, for they are expected for the practice, not the real combat on the high level).

Yeh you're right you only need about maybe 5 frames in this game and about 5 weapons. But you can have more fun and enjoy more of what the game has to offer by exploring your options. If the game was difficult and actually required certain gear to succeed it would be a different story. But it's not, you can use virtually anything and win, so just have fun, experiment with everything, in other words, get 100% out of the game instead of enjoying 5% of it.

Ash is strong and useable. But he has a real problem in having a lot of ability overlaps (like many of the older Warframes):

• Shuriken - Damage 2 enemies (requires no aim)
  • Teleport - Mobility + open up 1 enemy for very heavy damage
  • Bladestorm - Damage X enemies for heavy damage

The 3 abilities basicly just needs more distinguishing effects other than dealing damage in different ways. I'd say Bladestorm is arguably fine (it could get some useability QoL, but is extremely potent otherwise), so I'd suggest something like this for the other two skills:

• Shuriken
    • Now only throws 1 Shuriken, but it bounces over to 1/2/2/3 nearby enemies (bouncing range affected by Range mods) -> Makes it better at multihitting without raising its single target power
    • Holdcast to throw a only-forward-travelling shuriken with X meter enemy punchthrough (affected by Range). Has razorsharp ashes surrounding the blade, making it have a thicker hitbox (think a Fulmin/Plasmor-projectile) -> Gives it controllability.
    • Staggers enemies -> Gives it a "quick CC" niche. Works for both tap- and heldcast versions
      • Maybe also make it blind enemies very briefly (like 5-ish seconds?). Then the tapcast homing shurikens should also get the ashes surrounding them, to indicate why they'd do that.
    • At any time when an enemy is bleeding from Shuriken, if the bleed-damage of Shuriken (and Bladestorm) is currently enough to kill the enemy, all this bleed-damage is dealt instantly, killing the target -> Gives it another clear "insta-kill-treshold" niche and a clear synergy with Bladestorm
  • Teleport
    • Holdcast to teleport forward up to X meters. If teleporting to a wall, he automatically clings to it -> Gives it a clear niche; Mobility. The wall-cling is both for Ninja-flavour and better stability.
    • Now opens up enemies to finishers within a small X meter radius around the landing point (both for tap- and holdcast versions) -> Makes both tap- and holdcast versions eligible for opening enemies up to finishers.

On 2021-07-08 at 11:26 PM, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

That wont make him popular, especially nowadays. Neither damage nor (as some people claim) clunkiness his true issue, its his speed. Simply put, he is too slow.

This.

I main him, as soon as you start aiming with your 4 all enemies are dead before you hit the 4 again to start the attack. And even if you do get the marks and the attack starts, there's a high chance the enemies die by your own hand or other's before the 2 clones get the job done.

Also his 4 is one of the few that consume energy per enemy, the nuke ones tend to just spend a fixed amount per use. This is not a big problem with Arcanes Energize and Trickery since the first one replenishes your energy pool and the other gives invisibility which halves the consumption per mark, even though, it's a big energy drain with a Warframe with an average (or maybe lower) energy pool.

Also you have Fatal Teleport to one-hit almost anything with the right build (mostly Silence and its augment, added through Helmith, and a weapon with high finisher damage), but still, a burst of an Acceletra (or many other weapons, with more coming each update) will clean the area before you even see what you want to kill, and the ability attacks just one target.

You can always use one of those weapons with Ash and have a lot of fun with him, as I've been doing since always.

В 11.07.2021 в 19:33, JimboOhara сказал:

-snip-

Scaling is a thing, pretty sure Bladestorm scales and eventually allies are going to be priming Bladestorm, and you won't even need it for low-level content.
But yeah aim rate is a bit of a problem. I wouldn't mind if it was made a bit like Judgement Cut. Instead of just marking enemies one by one, make an AoE circle that marks enemies instead, and on release of the button it proceeds to cast Bladestorm.

Archived