Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Warframe Skins

MetaEthereal

With the sneak peak of the new Warframe skins, I've thought long about it and I've came to the realization that an infested version of Warframes would be amazing. Much like the more rough look Hayden Tenno carried throughout his transformation from the technocyte virus, I believe it would look great to have skins that look like the technocyte virus mutated in several places and caused deformed looks, shriveled skin, or discoloration; much like the infested weapons we see. A key image in my head of what it would look like is something from the games Prototype with the special skins unlocked and Alex Mercer, the main guy, being fully infected. You can see it below:

mZE9f45.png

The artwork reminds me so much of Prototype. I think an infested prototype style shapeshifting frame would be awesome.

This artwork, or the artwork in game? Because one of those two makes you look unintelligent.

A key image in my head of what it would look like is something from the games Prototype with the special skins unlocked and Alex Mercer, the main guy, being fully infected. You can see it below:

Edited by dreampuke

Alex Mercer is my favorite super hero.

My only problem with the series is that prototype 1 had an amazing story, but terrible atmosphere, graphics, and gameplay.

Then there's Prototype 2 that fixed everything that was wrong with Prototype 1, but it threw the story away completely to attract the 'hard core' demographic.

Edited by dreampuke

I was thinking about this earlier, they could do another split event (like this last one). This time involving the technocyte virus, maybe this time infested v. corpus? Going infested would have the 'consequence' of corrupting your frame so you'd get a infested frame skin (maybe with its own pros and cons), the Corpus would offer some orokin tech they unearthed which would lead to a different (polar opposite) skin with its own pros and cons. Its a rough idea, I know.

• 5 months later...

With the sneak peak of the new Warframe skins, I've thought long about it and I've came to the realization that an infested version of Warframes would be amazing. Much like the more rough look Hayden Tenno carried throughout his transformation from the technocyte virus, I believe it would look great to have skins that look like the technocyte virus mutated in several places and caused deformed looks, shriveled skin, or discoloration; much like the infested weapons we see. A key image in my head of what it would look like is something from the games Prototype with the special skins unlocked and Alex Mercer, the main guy, being fully infected. You can see it below:

I apologize for bumping the thread due to the date, but the Tenno are already infested. Oberon, Rhino, and Nekros are quite simply biologically wrong and we know from the game Dark Sectors made back in '08 that the first Tenno was infected with the Techno-thing virus that created the infested. The only way Rhino, Oberon, and Nekros could look the way they do is that they are either completely warped by the virus under their warframe/fused with it, or the Void itself mutated them. Nekros' lower torso either has no muscles or no organs, as his pelvis juts out in a way that should not be possible for anything besides a withered corpse, Rhino's torso is heavily warped and caves inwards at the gut in a downward angle that simply does not happen him humans, and Oberon has extremely warped legs and arms that are impossible for a non-deformed human given the structure of the forearm. Not to mention the strange tissue-like texture of Oberon's outer body that looks exceptionally similar to the infested.

Warframes like Excalibur certainly aren't heavily mutated and likely hold a normal human inside, but inside Nekros, Rhino, and Oberon there is a very warped human male, if there even is one "inside" it at all anymore and the suit and wearer have not become fused over the time spent in the Void for however long the Tenno have been resting in cryosleep.

The technocyte virus reminds me of the Venom symbiote, I don't know why.

It actually bears more similarity to the Obliterator Virus from Warhammer 40,000, only with the infested being more choppy, less Dakka.

Although that does start me thinking that the Infested could definitely use a ranged combat form besides those ultra-rare crawlers.

I apologize for bumping the thread due to the date, but the Tenno are already infested. Oberon, Rhino, and Nekros are quite simply biologically wrong and we know from the game Dark Sectors made back in '08 that the first Tenno was infected with the Techno-thing virus that created the infested. The only way Rhino, Oberon, and Nekros could look the way they do is that they are either completely warped by the virus under their warframe/fused with it, or the Void itself mutated them. Nekros' lower torso either has no muscles or no organs, as his pelvis juts out in a way that should not be possible for anything besides a withered corpse, Rhino's torso is heavily warped and caves inwards at the gut in a downward angle that simply does not happen him humans, and Oberon has extremely warped legs and arms that are impossible for a non-deformed human given the structure of the forearm. Not to mention the strange tissue-like texture of Oberon's outer body that looks exceptionally similar to the infested.

Warframes like Excalibur certainly aren't heavily mutated and likely hold a normal human inside, but inside Nekros, Rhino, and Oberon there is a very warped human male, if there even is one "inside" it at all anymore and the suit and wearer have not become fused over the time spent in the Void for however long the Tenno have been resting in cryosleep.

God that is a terrifying thought, I kind of expected it with Nekros but the others and then thinking about the other Frames, just a scary thought about what might be in there

For and example of the mutations, this is a good shot of Oberon's arms, a perfect one in fact.

atu3bo.jpg

This is a healthy human arm (male I believe) from Grey's Anatomy, high def pic so I can't post it directly.

One of these is not the other. Ironically, the Paladin of Warframe may very well be the most corrupted of them all.

Edited by Wyzilla

For and example of the mutations, this is a good shot of Oberon's arms, a perfect one in fact.

atu3bo.jpg

This is a healthy human arm (male I believe) from Grey's Anatomy, high def pic so I can't post it directly.

One of these is not the other. Ironically, the Paladin of Warframe may very well be the most corrupted of them all.

The first thing i noticed was his belly, (because he's fat) i just can't unsee it.

• 3 months later...