Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

K-Drive score keeps on resetting (or I am giant newb)

Barthez

Question

Hi,

I'm currently doing Waverider quest and I'm stuck at Earn 500 points in a K-drive trick chain step. No matter if I use pipe on back of Fortuna entrance or The Perl, I seem to be unable to maintain my points combo and sometimes Warframe don't register tricks at all. It is frustrating because I remember I was able to farm both of those places before with no problem.

I don't know if this is due to Warframe changing something with K-drive or some mistake on my part but I would gladly accept any input you can have. 

To visualize what I'm talking about I recorded this short video: https://gfycat.com/silentgiddydogwoodtwigborer

5 answers to this question

The reason your score is resetting in your clip seems to be that you're cancelling the grinding before your jump. Try doing your tricks again but don't let go of the grind button until after you're in the air.

As an unrelated tip, try not to spam the same trick multiple times in a row. Repeating a trick right after you did it will count as a "Copykavat", which is worth little to no score. You don't need to get fancy or anything; you can just alternate between flips (jumping) and spins (aiming) and that'll work just fine!

EDIT:

10 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

I have also noticed some wonkiness with the tricks system, but an old trick still works, thankfully.

If you jump the moment you hit the ground it doesn't count as landing and you can keep a trick-chain going without having to use grinding

Also, ^this! I think the timing for this became much tighter sometime within the past year or so, but it's still possible. With a bit of practice, you can easily max out your score without ever needing to touch a rail (which is what I personally did for this quest).

I have noticed that if your Client is running with FPS values lower than 40, it doesn't recognize half of the tricks and points are rewarded slowly... Regardless, there are also movements that simply do not increase the bonus multiplier.

Its not a matter of Copykavat not incrementing either... its when you perform 3 entirely different moves while on mid-air, in quick succession, only the first move increases the multiplier, while the rest simply don't.

I used the pipe right outside of Fortuna's elevator, back and forth. I don't know if the same is possible with gamepads, even on console, with the same ease but that pipe is nice for this quest...

Archived