Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Diversified Denial completely shuts out other precepts

Jiang-Shi

The hound precept, Diversified Denial, breaks the hound up into three smaller specters of itself for 30 seconds. During that time, it can use no other precepts. The cooldown for this ability is also quite short, which would be good if not for the fact that it ends up being the only ability the hound ever uses. Not only that, it disables any active precepts as well. My hound has the Null Audit precept, which steals Eximus auras. Not only can the hound not steal auras when in Diversified Denial, but the usage of this precept disables the active aura as well. On the very rare chance that my hound will be able to steal the aura of an Eximus, it will immediately break itself up into its specters, removing its own aura.

I don't think it would be very game-breaking for the hound to retain its ability-casting and auras in its specter form as long as the effects don't stack. In the very least, it could wait until the aura expires before casting Diversified Denial or cancel its ability prematurely in order to steal an aura.

BTW the diversified denial seems to be bugged as the mini hounds are suppose to deal 85% of the original's damage. For some weird reason, this does not scale off of the equipped weapon of the Hound so the three spectres are actually worse than the single hound in terms of damage output.

This sounds like a pretty bad bug/oversight. However, precept mods for companions are supposed to take priority based on the order they appear in the mod loadout. If you put Diversified Denial at the end of the order (ie lower right corner) that should make it activate less – although I wouldn't be surprised to hear this doesn't work.

15 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

This sounds like a pretty bad bug/oversight. However, precept mods for companions are supposed to take priority based on the order they appear in the mod loadout. If you put Diversified Denial at the end of the order (ie lower right corner) that should make it activate less – although I wouldn't be surprised to hear this doesn't work.

While this does *technically* allow Null Audit to activate first, the hound immediately cancels out the ability after its usage by using diversified denial afterwards, rendering its priority spot largely irrelevant.

Just now, Jiang-Shi said:

While this does *technically* allow Null Audit to activate first, the hound immediately cancels out the ability after its usage by using diversified denial afterwards, rendering its priority spot largely irrelevant.

Yeah, that's sort of what I guessed. Hope they fix this. Diversified Denial sounds like a really cool precept if it could work well with the others.

On 2021-07-08 at 7:09 PM, Jiang-Shi said:

The hound precept, Diversified Denial, breaks the hound up into three smaller specters of itself for 30 seconds. During that time, it can use no other precepts. The cooldown for this ability is also quite short, which would be good if not for the fact that it ends up being the only ability the hound ever uses. Not only that, it disables any active precepts as well. My hound has the Null Audit precept, which steals Eximus auras. Not only can the hound not steal auras when in Diversified Denial, but the usage of this precept disables the active aura as well. On the very rare chance that my hound will be able to steal the aura of an Eximus, it will immediately break itself up into its specters, removing its own aura.

I don't think it would be very game-breaking for the hound to retain its ability-casting and auras in its specter form as long as the effects don't stack. In the very least, it could wait until the aura expires before casting Diversified Denial or cancel its ability prematurely in order to steal an aura.

I'm not certain this is intended. Try posting it in the Sisters Bug Report subforum.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2021-07-08 at 10:43 PM, Shatter_The_Sun said:

Agreed. To tell you the truth, I was hoping that the 3 split up doggos would use their own abilities but at a weakened strength.

This is how I expected it to work, I was so disappointment when it just prevented all other ability use.

8 hours ago, Numerikuu said:

*looks at the all the several-year-long forgotten kavats, kubrows, and ancient sentinels*

😉

Hey atleast you didn't waste your time by using them....

I even went through the process of Acquiring All those Pets so thay DE can see that I'm not using them because I choose not to use them....not because I didn't have them....

Hopefully however DE is tracking these Metrics catches that 😝...

Archived