Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

gladiator mods/vigilante mods rant

Jim22

lets be real this change wasn't necessary, if it was a "bug" it would've been made ages ago but no. they wait until they decide to nerf melee weapons to also ruin any reason to use helio's the only point in helios now is to scan things and that's it. instead of removing the option to use glad mods on deconstructor they should've made deconstructor usable on other sentinels.

I'm also going to nit pick at the fact you can still use vigilante mods on sentinel weapons if anything since according to DE glad modes were a "bug" on deconstructor it should be the same for vigilante mods but of course not they want primary weapons to be good, you also cant say "oh they didn't know about the vigilante mods on sentinel weapons" is a lie because so many people talked about the same day the gladiator mods were removed from deconstructor.

with the nerf to melee I'm going to keep using the better melees over the ones that are complete garbage that were good before the update to glad mods, same with the new galv mods and new weapon arcanes why would I use a garbage weapon when I can use a gun that is already good like the "amprex,ignis,tenet cycron,kuve nukor"  basically any aoe weapon for primary and secondary and make it even better. 

my main gripe with Helios is that it dies too quickly. most of the enemies I have left to scan are around level 40-ish normally, and while that's trivial in terms of how easy they are to kill, even at that level they can kill a Sentinel like Helios pretty quickly, because it's squish AF.

and yes, I'm aware the Heliocor and it's Synoid variant exists, but I like to use other melee weapons from time to time. 

adding on real quick I personally feel like gladiator mods should be reverted back to how it was before the sisters of parvos update, my reason is the glad mods and the vigi mods should be mods that can boost your melee/primary without having to use them on your melee or primary, so lets say I want to play with a boosted amprex ok so I put on my sentinel weapon that's has the vigilante mod set and boom my primary now has boosted damage.

honestly if it wasn't for the glad set or vigilante set I wouldn't use sentinels because they are useless the only sentinel I use now is wyrm prime and that for the negate mod, every other time I'm either not using a sentinel or I'm using a kavat/ kubrow or even the new robo dogs. essentially DE has given me another reason not use sentinels.

18 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

my main gripe with Helios is that it dies too quickly. most of the enemies I have left to scan are around level 40-ish normally, and while that's trivial in terms of how easy they are to kill, even at that level they can kill a Sentinel like Helios pretty quickly, because it's squish AF.

and yes, I'm aware the Heliocor and it's Synoid variant exists, but I like to use other melee weapons from time to time. 

use every mod that will give helios survivability its honestly the only way or even warframe ability's that can be applied to companions 

Pretty sure the real answer as to why Vigilante wasn't addressed was because it was convenient to address Gladiator mods while working on a directly related system with companion melee weapons. As DE often does changes are usually only made if they're the focus of an update or are directly related to something else being updated.

But it isn't like it or the melee nerfs make any actual difference as melee is still, as expected, the stronger choice. And even if the range of "viable" melee weapons for SP/endurance was reduced that's a good thing as it shouldn't be the case for most weapons to be viable in what's supposed to be "end-game".

But hey if people want Vigilante mods pulled from companions as well then DE should go for it. Stat sticks are a problem that needs to be addressed eventually. Though at the same time it does make more sense for them to remain than Gladiator mods as companions can actually benefit from the set bonus of Vigilante and two of the three Gladiator mods (compared to one of four with Vigilante) do nothing on the weapon.

I think DE should embrace its articulated logic for this nerf intentionally-long-delayed fix. Remove all stat sticks, period, none of this doing things by bits stuff.

Gut the Vigilante synergy for primary crit enhancement.

Remove any interaction between each and every pseudo-exalted weapon and equipped melee mods/stats. Break Khora's spine good and proper, and whack a serious chunk of the riven market as well.

Let's see what happens.

28 minutes ago, -Augustus- said:

I think DE should embrace its articulated logic for this nerf intentionally-long-delayed fix. Remove all stat sticks, period, none of this doing things by bits stuff.

Remove any interaction between each and every pseudo-exalted weapon and equipped melee mods/stats. Break Khora's spine good and proper, and whack a serious chunk of the riven market as well.

Let's see what happens.

I'm all for this, would love the chaos it'll induce.

12 hours ago, -Augustus- said:

Let's see what happens.

I 100% support this, Warframe is in desperate need of breaking some eggs. The balance of the game is awful but *just* decent enough for the game to not implode in itself. Let it implode and allow for actual balance to come.

I think it all really depends what the mods and bonuses themselves do for the companion. Obviously gladiator set bonus has no effect on companions since they have no combo counter. Vigilante set bonus very likely applies to the sentinel aswell, even if the crit chance is abyssmal on their guns to begin with, so will never really benefit from it.

On 2021-07-09 at 7:01 AM, -Augustus- said:

Let's see what happens.

Ill agree to separate puesdo-exalted modding only if Atlas gets some buffs to his base crit/status chance. He’s sitting at a poor 5% for both, and while he doesnt need a whopping 25% for both like khora, something close like 20% or 18% would be much appreciated 

The inconsistency is the main issue, for me.

TBH, I think that sentinels should be able to equip set mods in special slots (Synergistics), which explicitly do count towards your bonuses. Would give Sentinels a niche that they completely lack. (Also just make them way hardier.)

1 hour ago, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

Ill agree to separate puesdo-exalted modding only if Atlas gets some buffs to his base crit/status chance. He’s sitting at a poor 5% for both, and while he doesnt need a whopping 25% for both like khora, something close like 20% or 18% would be much appreciated 

Same, I'm all for stat-sticks being removed but if they don't do it right they'll just end up nerfing the frames that use them into the dirt while potentially making stat-sticks even more necessary. Stat-sticks aren't just Rivens, they're the Combo system as well and the Combo system is far more impactful on damage output than any Riven could ever be. Bake the damage into a separate combo system like Atlas' (and extend his to 4 levels) and give base crit/status/damage buffs and you could fling every Riven and Combo Counter mod into the sun and these frames wouldn't notice a difference. Don't, and you just make it so the new best Stat Stick is one built for Initial Combo and Combo Duration.

I agree that stat sticks of any kind should be removed ,

But vigilante mods techoncally still work on the sentinels , gladiator mods don't work on deconstructor cause there is no combo counter.

I think the mods themselves should stay on the sentinel weapons , but they should not benefit the frames as set pieces.

• 1 month later...

Archived