Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I wanted to play Railjack, you know...

nuwbertron

You have no idea how disappointed I was when I loaded into a "Railjack Survival" mission and was promptly asked to leave my Railjack and play normal survival.

Was it really that hard to make a survival mission in Railjack? Can we really not have unique missions for Railjack? Is it necessary for the Railjack to be a glorified interactive loading screen for standard missions?

Am I the only one who is bothered by this?

1 minute ago, nuwbertron said:

You have no idea how disappointed I was when I loaded into a "Railjack Survival" mission and was promptly asked to leave my Railjack and play normal survival.

Was it really that hard to make a survival mission in Railjack? Can we really not have unique missions for Railjack? Is it necessary for the Railjack to be a glorified interactive loading screen for standard missions?

We are playing game called WARFRAME not RAILJACK
And that will be most common response u get

But yeah i feel exactly the same as you and many others also

It should be called TAXI with railjack into regular survival and not railjack survival

Like always we hopped too much from RJ updated and like always we get something else

9 minutes ago, nuwbertron said:

What a laugh. 

Well pal, when Grineer Railjack came people complained about it not being "Warframe" enough. Now when Corpus side came people complained about it not being "Railjack" enough and started to just call it "Fake Taxi" (google it). When they announced Survival and Spy in the CORPUS side only those who wished to be disappointed, like you, entertained the idea of it being what you said.

5 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

We are playing game called WARFRAME not RAILJACK
And that will be most common response u get

But yeah i feel exactly the same as you and many others also

It should be called TAXI with railjack into regular survival and not railjack survival

Like always we hopped too much from RJ updated and like always we get something else

Like this guy. Welcome to the Forums "We dont agree to anything and everyone else is wrong and EVERYONE agrees with me." is the slogan.

10 minutes ago, nuwbertron said:

Yes, I do feel bothered.

Sure, original RJ wasn't very warframe-y, but it was a breath of fresh air in a stale pile of content that I was overly fed-up at the moment.

Now this is what we talked about back when railjack was a completely alien concept that DE decided it the future of the game, Warframe will, and will always be a Space Ninja game, its a third person shooter, slasher, Use all your powers to mass murder filthy grineers, Thats why those game mode are being added to Railjack 

14 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

What a crock. 

Well pal, when Grineer Railjack came people complained about it not being "Warframe" enough. Now when Corpus side came people complained about it not being "Railjack" enough and started to just call it "Fake Taxi" (google it). When they announced Survival and Spy in the CORPUS side only those who wished to be disappointed, like you, entertained the idea of it being what you said.

Like this guy. Welcome to the Forums "We dont agree to anything and everyone else is wrong and EVERYONE agrees with me." is the slogan.

I get where you're coming from. I think the main point of contention with the Grineer side of Railjack is that, at the time, the game mode wasn't polished enough, or just didn't feel that good to play. Add to that just one mission type and you get complaints.

Did it bother me that there was only one mission type? Yes. Did I complain about it? No. I knew that there's no way DE would stop developing Railjack, so I waited.

But now Railjack feels way better to play than in the past and, since we have a perfectly functional way to play the old missions, I would like to see Railjack being expanded upon.

What I'm saying is... new railjack specific missions would be nice.

P.S. I understand that you might be upset to see the same points again and again when you feel that the discussion is over, but for some of us it might have just started. We have many (maybe not that many) returning players or players who just waited to see where this was going before saying anything.

I don't think anybody is trying to berate DE, or just complain without providing some ideas for future improvement.

24 minutes ago, nuwbertron said:

I wish RJ were just nodes where you have cool space fights or something not whole starchart. Let us play "normal" nodes like Orphix or Volatile WITHOUT RJ.

Its the endless missions that gets me. 

I'm completely fine with Railjack and wouldn't mind short on-foot missions but its when they connect it to Defense or Orphix, it just rubs me the wrong way and I tend to avoid those missions.

12 minutes ago, MouadSaqui said:

Now this is what we talked about back when railjack was a completely alien concept that DE decided it the future of the game, Warframe will, and will always be a Space Ninja game, its a third person shooter, slasher, Use all your powers to mass murder filthy grineers, Thats why those game mode are being added to Railjack 

True, Warframe is a horde shooter/slasher/exploder. My question is, why is that not a thing we can do in Railjack?

We spent so much time upgrading and equiping our ships only to use them instead of the Liset loading screen before a mission.

Maybe this discussion wouldn't happen if DE said something allong the lines of "We're working to merge the standard and Railjack starchart. Bear with us. Railjack speciffic missions are coming after that"

4 minutes ago, quxier said:

I wish RJ were just nodes where you have cool space fights or something not whole starchart. Let us play "normal" nodes like Orphix or Volatile WITHOUT RJ.

Agreed. My main motivation for making this post was that I felt robed of a cool, lenghty space battle that would make me use all these things i grinded so long for to their limits.

1 minute ago, DaMasque said:

Its the endless missions that gets me. 

I'm completely fine with Railjack and wouldn't mind short on-foot missions but its when they connect it to Defense or Orphix, it just rubs me the wrong way and I tend to avoid those missions.

Those feel the most jarring, yes.

15 minutes ago, nuwbertron said:

True, Warframe is a horde shooter/slasher/exploder. My question is, why is that not a thing we can do in Railjack?

We spent so much time upgrading and equiping our ships only to use them instead of the Liset loading screen before a mission.

Maybe this discussion wouldn't happen if DE said something allong the lines of "We're working to merge the standard and Railjack starchart. Bear with us. Railjack speciffic missions are coming after that"

Sure, Its up to DE to make that happen, also its up to them to balance Railjack combat, bcs rightnow seeker volley is breaking Railjack, You basically Spam one button to kill everything, which make the entire game mode seem like this thing that is in the way rather then being an enjoyable experience. 

1 hour ago, nuwbertron said:

Was it really that hard to make a survival mission in Railjack?

what exactly would be the limiting condition of a Railjack based survival? Railjacks have a lot of weapons, are easily repaired when damaged and don't require life support. you couldn't just have a mode where we go until the Railjack receives a catastrophic decompression, it would be far too easy.

plus I don't know why you expected anything different after Railjack Exterminate and Defense modes.

1 hour ago, nuwbertron said:

It was something that people raised when Corpus RJ first launched e.g. with the Defence missions some of us though that we would be defending a particular point out in space using the RJ to fight off other ships...then it was just a normal defence mission which was a bit of a let down. I don't think there's anything wrong with normal starchart missions being in RJ e.g. extermination/spy but they should function a bit differently to normal starchart missions. There should also be unique mission types for RJ like Volatile etc as well as RJ variations of survival/defence where it's just RJ focused/ship vs ship stuff.  1 or 2 nodes per planet would be enough and would give a nice blend of what we're used to and RJ unique stuff

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

What a laugh. 

Funny i remember numerous posts about how RJ is dead RIP RJ and that ppl were expecting RJ gameplay not warframe gameplay

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

Those are not the same people complaining though.

I for once hate RJ and try to avoid as much as I can. Why you ask? Because it is not why I installed WF back in the day. I wanted (and still want) a competent shooter, not a skeleton space simulator. RJ is a differnt game withing the actual game with significantly less meat, just like K-Drives or Mechs or Frame Fighter,
On the other hand, there are players who somehow find RJ enjoyable. Good for them. Yet, there is still a problem, becasue RJ missions try to cater to both opposite fractions within the community and fail to please any one of them. Instead of whole-a$$ing one thing, they half-a$$ed two things. Wanna-be pilots don't have enough space to fly, while ground dwellers have to go on a space adventure more often.

31 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

what exactly would be the limiting condition of a Railjack based survival? Railjacks have a lot of weapons, are easily repaired when damaged and don't require life support. you couldn't just have a mode where we go until the Railjack receives a catastrophic decompression, it would be far too easy.

plus I don't know why you expected anything different after Railjack Exterminate and Defense modes.

A simple soft fail condition (like regular survival's life support) would work. Say there's an operative on a command ship doing whatever and you have to kill/jam/mess with something in space to make it so they can continue their mission. Insert slightly modified life support system, job done.

As for Railjacks being too hard to kill/too good at killing, i will abstain from remarking that warframes are just the same. I'm not saying it. Nope.

If enemy lvl scales (as is normal in endless) we would reach a point where killing all the things before they touch you just won't happen. Add Cy getting annoyed after x catastrophic decompressions and you have yourself survival in Railjack. Again, I'm not a developer and I don't doubt DE could do a way better job at this than me, but the matter that they didn't still stands.

Also the time when the playerbase should stop expecting inovation from the developers of a live service game is a dark time indeed.

Grineer Railjack was perfect and corpus railjack shouldn't have changed a thing except for adding more modes and targets to destroy.

I don't understand how the game can handle having some players on the objective and some players in the railjack on the grineer side but when it comes to corpus we are all forced onto the objective to lighten the load on the game.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Jmazing7 said:

Grineer Railjack was perfect and corpus railjack shouldn't have changed a thing except for adding more modes and targets to destroy.

I don't understand how the game can handle having some players on the objective and some players in the railjack on the grineer side but when it comes to corpus we are all forced onto the objective to lighten the load on the game.

I don't know... perfect is a very strong word, isn't it? We could certainly use some of the nodes on the grineer side being reworked as new (railjack specific) missions. Variation is the spice of life, and all that.

If I was a less courteous person (which I'm not) I would say that they just copy and pasted the old missions into Railjack space with as little editing as necessary to make them work (but i'm not saying that).

3 minutes ago, nuwbertron said:

I don't know... perfect is a very strong word, isn't it? We could certainly use some of the nodes on the grineer side being reworked as new (railjack specific) missions. Variation is the spice of life, and all that.

I think the best part of railjack missions is splitting the squad between railjack and objective but a few railjack only missions wouldn't be terrible.

Just now, (PSN)Jmazing7 said:

I think the best part of railjack missions is splitting the squad between railjack and objective but a few railjack only missions wouldn't be terrible.

Ah, of course! Honestly, I'm a solo player so my reaction to "we should be able to split the party" is "sure, why not, I don't care".

I don't necessarily mean Railjack only, I was thinking something more along the lines of volatile. A mission that works and integrates (somewhat) seamlessly with Railjack.

Although, I'm still salty about not having Railjack focused survival...

Oh god volatile is a perfect game mode other than the fact that everyone is forced inside

If the squad could be split and the railjack crew could shoot at certain weak points on the pillar ship to make the hack go faster or to reduce the amount of enemies inside then it would ACTUALLY be a perfect game mode.

2 hours ago, ShortCat said:

Those are not the same people complaining though.

Never said they were. I even call this community a Hydra and posted this right down bellow:

Welcome to the Forums "We dont agree to anything and everyone else is wrong and EVERYONE agrees with me." is the slogan.

Its pure contradiction because we have a lot people here spitting different things.

2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Its pure contradiction because we have a lot people here spitting different things.

Don't we allways, everywhere?

It just be how the internet do...

Gives us the option for dialogue (with the reasonable ones). Who knows, we might actually change something (yeah, right...)

Archived