Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Feedback] Kuva Hek needs slight tweaks

Ernestasx

Added a comparison to the Corinth Prime. Spoilers: Corinth Prime is better at around 20m distance or more, has a useful alt fire and pretty good Riven disposition.

Realistically, the only reason to use a Kuva Hek is if you'd like to shoot a single enemy in the face in melee range. Which is highly ineffective. So there really is no reason I guess.

Right now the Scattered Justice mod can only be put on normal Hek, not Kuva Hek. Is that a bug?

If Nightwatch Napalm works for both normal Ogris and Kuva Ogris, there is no reason why Scattered Justice shall work for only normal Hek, not the Kuva version.

We might be willing to reconsider in the future if suitably scientific appeals are made

It's not out of the question, but for now, it's "as intended"

I'm not min-max or "break the game" minded enough to think of it as broken to have the combo. What I'd love to see is the numbers comparing a built Kuva Hek (with a full 60% bonus) to a built Exergis or Tigris Prime.

1 minute ago, RagingGrizzly said:

While they answered the reason why it doesn't work, it just doesn't really make sense for me. Its not like the Hek will clear rooms with it, and we have the Zarr already.

I feel the same way. Hek doesn't nuke rooms so allowing it to do amazing single target damage isn't bad, it only makes the weapon attractive compared to stuff like kuva zarr!

The balance of things can't be treated like they exist in a vacuum. Every weapon/mod is a choice over another weapon/mod. And balance should make all things equally attractive. Or at least try to. It's hard I know.

I think unless DE decides Hunter Munition no longer works for AOE damge, blast and energy weapons will still dominate tier 1 guns for a long time. 

It would be nice if there is some nice little stunt for Kuva Hek, especially since we already have such good shotguns as Bubonico.

38 minutes ago, (PSN)Ze_LoBoToMiZeUr said:

Been answered already, and same as vaykor hek, it would make the weapon too strong.

Don't care, still want it. It doesn't make sense for the Vaykor Hek simply because the "Justice" proc wouldn't be able to stack twice, making for quite the coding headache.

Arbitrary limitations are still arbitrary. People have Rivens, just give me something neat for once. It's not an AoE weapon, so whatever concerns exist about balance are utterly irrelevant these days. While we're at it, might as well make transmog variant skins a thing so that I can still keep my Steel Meridian dedication on full display. Vaykor Hek's legacy deserves to live on.

Having been using a heat KHek in steep path, it is waaaay stronger than VHek could ever be... At what it does.

And these shotguns are meant for different roles.

Vaykor hek, in my opinion, is the quintessential assault shotgun. Semi auto, 8 shots, tight spread, packs a punch. It is basically a Benelli M4. It lacks the raw punch of some heavier shotguns, it lacks the volume of fire some full auto shotguns do, but it instead offers a balanced damage output that you can rely on and swear by. One shots typical fodder enemies, and does not struggle too bad against heavies.

KHek meanwhile is a much beefier shotgun - in many ways, one that is meant to do what the vaykor does in half the shots. Which is literally what it does, with 60% roll almost doubling damage, on top of devastating stats. It is like a 2x dps vaykor hek, offset by 2x more frequent reloads. The alt fire almost makes it a modern version of 2019-era tigris prime, with absolutely EXCESSIVE burst damage kept in check by reload. The VHek is absolutely brutal and absolutely able to do completely stupid things, up to and including ONE SHOTTING STEEL PATH HEAVIES INSTANTLY. 8 vhek shots could struggle to kill some of these targets, if status / hunter procs screw you. The KHek is almost like an assassination tool, maximum lethality on a single specific target but bad at multi-target.

I honestly do not use VHek because its role of "chunky semi auto shotgun" was grossly overtaken by corinth p. KHek meanwhile is somethimg i do use. It offers uncompromising power in every shot, sounds incredible, feels as brutal as it kicks, and has a "Oh S#&$ i need this one thing in my crosshair to COMMIT DIE" panic button.

Archived