Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primary and Secondary Merciless / Deadhead / Dexterity - Rank 5 Question

iHeuksal

Question

Are those stats like "30% reload speed" and "100% ammo maximum" actives for x-seconds or endless passives like "+1 Arcane Revive"?

DE Needs to be more clear about those stats in-game, either using italic format or another color pattern for those strings.

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, iHeuksal said:

Are those stats like "30% reload speed" and "100% ammo maximum" actives for x-seconds or endless passives like "+1 Arcane Revive"?

DE Needs to be more clear about those stats in-game, either using italic format or another color pattern for those strings.

The way it's written I would assume it's permanent.

The ammo maximum is irrelevant for most guns. Reload speed is nice, but not broken either. So it seems to me it's permanent.

The arcanes are effects triggered by whatever the condition is, however most arcanes have either a cooldown timer or a timer to indicate how long a specific effect lasts before you reset it (stuff like Arcane Tempo where you can keep the maximum speed up by just killing before effect ends)

As of previous update threads however, the bonuses (such as swap speed, reload speed) are permanent, as they felt "Dexterity" needed to be...dexterity-ish. But I do agree that it should be under a subheading of some kind, like

Primary Dexterity:

Effect

Permanent Effect:

+1 Revive

+30% Reload Speed 

Etc

Though, this thread itself should be under the feedback thread, doubt it'll get much attention in this sub-forum for helping other Tenno.

Specifically to answer the question; all stats on the Primary and Secondary Arcanes are triggered by the On Kill mechanic.

So, for example the Merciless Arcane, on kill will grant you bonus Damage, bonus Reload Speed and bonus Maximum Ammo.

The Damage buff can stack up to the maximum number of stacks, however the Reload and Max Ammo are just straight buffs that are active for as long as the Arcane is active.

This is true for all of the Primary/Secondary Arcanes, the Damage will stack up to the maximum, while the other bonuses are flat and last as long as the Arcane is active.

In all cases, you have to get a Kill to activate the Arcane.

And, according to their description, I do not believe that any of the Primary/Secondary Arcanes give an Arcane Revive.

On 2021-07-29 at 12:39 PM, Birdframe_Prime said:

This is true for all of the Primary/Secondary Arcanes, the Damage will stack up to the maximum, while the other bonuses are flat and last as long as the Arcane is active.

That's odd, how would that work for ammo maximum? I think they are passive buffs, that are always active. On other arcanes, the +1 revive is always active too, for instance. It makes sense. It doesn't make sense that it goes on and off. Also, wiki explicitly distinguishes between on kill effects and passive buffs.

Where did you get your information? Or are you just guessing?

Archived