Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenet Envoy elements?

Diedact

Question

My current build is: Serration, Galvanized Chamber, Critical Delay, Vital Sense, and Hunter Munitions. Very standard. I would like to fit 1 elemental mod and then Primed Firestorm and Bladed Rounds in the last 3 places but I've run into a problem.

The priority order of combining elements is putting the Tenet damage bonus (25-60%) before the innate Cold the weapon has as part of its base damage. This means that on a Heat Envoy with a Toxin mod I am getting Gas + Cold instead of Viral + Heat. The idea was to blast a group with Viral, hopefully get the 1st status proc for +100% dmg vulnerability and then hit them again with what is essentially a chonk rocket launcher. I realize Gas could fit it into the AoE nature but I'm not a fan.

Opinions? My current 2 options is drop Bladed Rounds to force elements or to switch to a Toxin Envoy + Electricity mod for Corrosive + Cold. If you have other ideas: hit me with it.

6 answers to this question

It's got me a little bit confused for a second there.

If you want Heat as the last elemental damage you'll need at least 2 elemental mods for heat Envoy for it to work, Cold + Toxin. Because of how the elemental mod works, the last element remaining will always be the one coming from the weapon. This also means the one from 'Tenet' or 'Kuva' series will always be the first to combine with your last input elemental mod and leave the inert weapon element alone.

Basically, if you want Viral + Heat envoy you'll have to put Cold + Toxin mod into Heat Envoy. You cannot use 1 elemental mod and expect to get Heat as the last elemental remaining. The other way is to expect the only Viral in the Envoy by using a Toxin Envoy. This will get you the Viral damage without using any mod at all.

Edit : some Typos

57 minutes ago, Diedact said:

Opinions? My current 2 options is drop Bladed Rounds to force elements

Wouldn't even be the worst option maybe, more dual stats = more Status Chance = more Viral procs.

BTW, I'm not exactly certain whether the "while aiming" part of Bladed Rounds won't get horribly annoying in practice,
especially on Envoy where your shots not only slow down but also require you to keep your target(s) ... well, targeted the whole time :P

So, e.g. good ol' Heavy Caliber (woo no Ogris levels of accuracy loss) might be the better choice here.

57 minutes ago, Diedact said:

or to switch to a Toxin Envoy + Electricity mod for Corrosive + Cold.

Why go Corrosive all of a sudden?

A Toxin Envoy gives you Viral without even using any elemental Mods,
you can then add to the Viral damage & Status Chance if you so choose, or not.

1 hour ago, Diedact said:

The priority order of combining elements is putting the Tenet damage bonus (25-60%) before the innate Cold the weapon has as part of its base damage.

That's weird, on my end it's working the other way around, a Toxin Envoy with a Heat Mod added gives Blast + Toxin.

28 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

BTW, I'm not exactly certain whether the "while aiming" part of Bladed Rounds won't get horribly annoying in practice,
especially on Envoy where your shots not only slow down but also require you to keep your target(s) ... well, targeted the whole time :P

Why go Corrosive all of a sudden?

That's weird, on my end it's working the other way around, a Toxin Envoy with a Heat Mod added gives Blast + Toxin.

Yeah, that's a possibility with Bladed Rounds. At the least I'm not forma-ing that slot in particular in case I want to switch it out.

Corrosive? I want the damage bonus against grineer. I did get a recommendation from Q&A chat for a Toxin Envoy to make Viral with the innate Cold, no further elements required.

That's not weird. If you have a Cold mod along with Heat in the mod config the innate Cold will stack with it.

28 minutes ago, Diedact said:

Corrosive? I want the damage bonus against grineer.

But you're using Hunter Munitions, Viral procs added to that will most likely outperform Corrosive.

23 minutes ago, Diedact said:

That's not weird. If you have a Cold mod along with Heat in the mod config the innate Cold will stack with it.

Hm? That's not what I was talking about at all.

You're saying that on your end, the innate Cold gets added into the mix after the (for you, Heat) damage bonus.

Like, it goes [Mods] [Bonus] [Innate], right?

Well, for me it goes [Mods] [Innate] [Bonus] instead.

39 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

But you're using Hunter Munitions, Viral procs added to that will most likely outperform Corrosive.

You're saying that on your end, the innate Cold gets added into the mix after the (for you, Heat) damage bonus.

Point about Slash taken into consideration, it's a good one.

Yeah, in that case I've got nothing for you. Dunno why your elements are combining differently than mine. I can reiterate that I 100% had Gas + Cold on mine, even tested it in the field, and that's it. Hope there's not a bug there DE needs to fix.

On 2021-07-09 at 7:28 AM, NinjaZeku said:

Mine is behaving like OP

with the Unusual behavior of the Projenitor Bonus being applied Before the Innate Cold of the radial attack portion.

Mods, Bonus, Innate.

Envoy has innate Cold on the AOE, my Proj Bonus is Heat. so If I add a single Tox mod, the Expected Behavior should be:

[mod] [innate] [bonus]

Tox, Innate Cold, Heat -> Viral + Heat

but instead I'm getting: Gas + Cold.

the Projenitor seems to be applying first and comboing with Tox before Cold does.

My bonus is heat, but I wonder what will happen if I grab an Envoy with Magnetic Bonus? Mag includes Cold, if it ends up being applied in the seemingly wrong order, does it end up rolling the innate cold into it because it came first? -I'll have to try that and see just how Inconsistent this behavior is.

Archived