Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus liches, same bad game design with extra steps. (and delicious railjack code.)

(PSN)FK2P

So we have a repeat of the grineer liches, this time less funny, less characterful, they literally took the most outrageous techno-aristocrat faction, and at the helm of that we have... a girl in a jumpsuit... If I’m not mistaken they must have less voice lines too because my sister has been saying the same one line every 45 seconds in a mission. The liches were voted the worst part of recent updates, no suprise. They aren’t designed to be enjoyable because they’re meant to be a BACKGROUND TASK. Unfortunately there’s so little actually going on in the game that both times now players instantly have jumped on and try to farm these liches which results in the opposite of fun and then everyone complains. This time though, it’s different because now we have to go and fight them in railjack. I don’t have to say a word about railjack just look at the rest of the long complaints about the net code, general code and performance, I can barely even get into a squad. Always some kind of error, apparently I need a lich to join people in railjack now so that’s great. All that for some reskins of guns we have huh... I have no idea what to do now, I killed my sister but she didn’t die, she just stood there bugged for a couple minutes and then we extracted ... so uh... there doesn’t appear to be a node in railjack to fight her either. She hasn’t shown up in missions yet since. General chat consensus today is that we have some serious patches on the way. Hope they can make it work, the ephermeras are nice. I don’t really know where they were going with this, I mean it didn’t exactly go smoothly before, these sisters have far less character than the kuva liches. They’re pretty bland honestly, when I heard “queenpins” I was pretty hyped to see some pretty jacked up, techno drip female corpus to fight, unfortunately they look like the basic NPC people hanging out in the relay... not really sold on this one DE. Usually even if the game design takes a hit the art team usually pull through and make it somewhat enjoyable but I don’t think this is having a meaningful enough splash to be your big railjack threat. Corpus bosses should be something far more serious looking than these “sisters” for me it’s a massive disappointment because I was thinking that the queenpins would fix the railjack experience by giving it some flavour and difficulty. You only have to spawn some of the horrors from the index to see the beginnings of what the corpus elite could look like... a waste of potential in my eyes.

48 minutes ago, (PSN)FK2P said:

So we have a repeat of the grineer liches, this time less funny, less characterful, they literally took the most outrageous techno-aristocrat faction, and at the helm of that we have... a girl in a jumpsuit... If I’m not mistaken they must have less voice lines too because my sister has been saying the same one line every 45 seconds in a mission. The liches were voted the worst part of recent updates, no suprise. They aren’t designed to be enjoyable because they’re meant to be a BACKGROUND TASK. Unfortunately there’s so little actually going on in the game that both times now players instantly have jumped on and try to farm these liches which results in the opposite of fun and then everyone complains.

This time though, it’s different because now we have to go and fight them in railjack. I don’t have to say a word about railjack just look at the rest of the long complaints about the net code, general code and performance, I can barely even get into a squad. Always some kind of error, apparently I need a lich to join people in railjack now so that’s great. All that for some reskins of guns we have huh... I have no idea what to do now, I killed my sister but she didn’t die, she just stood there bugged for a couple minutes and then we extracted ... so uh... there doesn’t appear to be a node in railjack to fight her either. She hasn’t shown up in missions yet since.

General chat consensus today is that we have some serious patches on the way. Hope they can make it work, the ephermeras are nice. I don’t really know where they were going with this, I mean it didn’t exactly go smoothly before, these sisters have far less character than the kuva liches. They’re pretty bland honestly, when I heard “queenpins” I was pretty hyped to see some pretty jacked up, techno drip female corpus to fight, unfortunately they look like the basic NPC people hanging out in the relay... not really sold on this one DE. Usually even if the game design takes a hit the art team usually pull through and make it somewhat enjoyable but I don’t think this is having a meaningful enough splash to be your big railjack threat.

Corpus bosses should be something far more serious looking than these “sisters” for me it’s a massive disappointment because I was thinking that the queenpins would fix the railjack experience by giving it some flavour and difficulty. You only have to spawn some of the horrors from the index to see the beginnings of what the corpus elite could look like... a waste of potential in my eyes.

You lost me at "general chat consensus". 🤣
EDIT: Formatted OP for readability.

8 hours ago, (PSN)FK2P said:

So we have a repeat of the grineer liches, this time less funny, less characterful, they literally took the most outrageous techno-aristocrat faction, and at the helm of that we have... a girl in a jumpsuit... If I’m not mistaken they must have less voice lines too because my sister has been saying the same one line every 45 seconds in a mission. The liches were voted the worst part of recent updates, no suprise. They aren’t designed to be enjoyable because they’re meant to be a BACKGROUND TASK. Unfortunately there’s so little actually going on in the game that both times now players instantly have jumped on and try to farm these liches which results in the opposite of fun and then everyone complains. This time though, it’s different because now we have to go and fight them in railjack. I don’t have to say a word about railjack just look at the rest of the long complaints about the net code, general code and performance, I can barely even get into a squad. Always some kind of error, apparently I need a lich to join people in railjack now so that’s great. All that for some reskins of guns we have huh... I have no idea what to do now, I killed my sister but she didn’t die, she just stood there bugged for a couple minutes and then we extracted ... so uh... there doesn’t appear to be a node in railjack to fight her either. She hasn’t shown up in missions yet since. General chat consensus today is that we have some serious patches on the way. Hope they can make it work, the ephermeras are nice. I don’t really know where they were going with this, I mean it didn’t exactly go smoothly before, these sisters have far less character than the kuva liches. They’re pretty bland honestly, when I heard “queenpins” I was pretty hyped to see some pretty jacked up, techno drip female corpus to fight, unfortunately they look like the basic NPC people hanging out in the relay... not really sold on this one DE. Usually even if the game design takes a hit the art team usually pull through and make it somewhat enjoyable but I don’t think this is having a meaningful enough splash to be your big railjack threat. Corpus bosses should be something far more serious looking than these “sisters” for me it’s a massive disappointment because I was thinking that the queenpins would fix the railjack experience by giving it some flavour and difficulty. You only have to spawn some of the horrors from the index to see the beginnings of what the corpus elite could look like... a waste of potential in my eyes.

they need to make a new game at this point 

You do have to feel sorry for those Tenno who seem to be unable to read plate text as found in, oh, say a book, or a newspaper or magazine or webpage. 😂

DE doesn't learn well from it's past mistakes, it just repeats them.

Just as it repeats it's cycle of buff and nerf.

It never changes, and the game just gets easier.

8 hours ago, chaotea said:

Oh god.

Formating, please.

8 hours ago, ReddyDisco said:

Word wall cake with salt sprinkles, how delicious

/s 

7 hours ago, OperatorLeo said:

why do you hate the return key on your keyboard?

paragraphs are a lost art. make sure you teach it to your children, lest this ancient tradition of making statements coherent be lost to humanity forever!.

9 hours ago, (PSN)FK2P said:

General chat consensus

if you're referring to region chat, then LOL.  that place is about as far away from any kind of consensus or reasoned thought as you can possibly be. 

9 hours ago, (PSN)FK2P said:

, unfortunately they look like the basic NPC people hanging out in the relay...

if you can't tell the difference between a relay NPC and a hyper aggressive 8ft-tall Corpus lady with thicc thighs, an unpronounceable name, a robot dog and a state of the art laser gun, then I strongly recommend you book an eye test. they look plenty different.

47 minutes ago, Fl_3 said:

You do have to feel sorry for those Tenno who seem to be unable to read plate text as found in, oh, say a book, or a newspaper or magazine or webpage. 😂

Most of these things still use formatting.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Corpus liches (haven't tried grineer ones yet) so far have been much better, ESPECIALLY in the consistency department.

I got very unlucky with grineer ones with barely lich spawns, bugged thralls and guessing wrong multiple times with no Oull mod to help. Resulting in me only having the patience to do 1 per gaming session, which was extremely frustrating. I actually got scared to create another one because of that experience. And no chance for 1 guaranteed spawn because there was no requiem ultimatum.

And if i had the sequence, they on multiple occasions DID NOT SPAWN despite the meter being full to the brim. Now, the corpus liches flee AND ARE GUARANTEED AND AVAILABLE at the players command.

With corpus liches, it's completely different. They always spawn for me, same with the Hounds, i can do 6 to 12 (if i wanted) corpus liches in the time it took me to do 1 to 2 grineer ones. (I think that changed as well now, again, haven't tried grineer ones yet)

So when i create one, even when unlucky, i know i can finish the corpus lich that day.

That was not my experience with the initial grineer lich launch, especially before QoL like knowing the weapon before creating one.

And the murmur grind is much better because you can see progress AFTER every mercy, previously the last sequence literally didn't move and felt very moot.

---

All in all im satisfied and actually look forward to more lich weapons, since now they're working as intended for me. So far it's very consistent and taking away breaks in the session they all take the same time. That was NOT the case for me when liches first released. 

--

However there was a post somewhere where someone suggested "evergreen" rewards for doing liches, which i agree with. Mainly because after i get the weapons, ephemeras and hounds i want, there's barely any reason to go back.

I'll probably bump that thread the next couple of days when i find it ^^

Every QOL on Sisters was also implemented on Liches (except the spawn mechanics for the larvling) , so you'll have a good time returning to farm grineer weapons.

34 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Most of these things still use formatting.

All of the examples actually, sicne it's meant to be understandable for easier reading

11 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Why do people that hate playing Warframe insist on playing Warframe???

Hmmm... Maybe because it's a game that they're invested in and enjoy aspects of and hence want it to improve. People who don't play the game aren't going hate it since they don't have any investment in it.

1 hour ago, WokGokner said:

Hmmm... Maybe because it's a game that they're invested in and enjoy aspects of and hence want it to improve. People who don't play the game aren't going hate it since they don't have any investment in it.

Then perhaps they can be cognizant of reality enough to realize not everything in a game that like will appeal to them specifically and deal with that reality, over playing the parts that make them mad, knowing those parts make them made, and blaming their lack of self discipline on other people?

Archived