Sisters of Parvos: Hotfix 30.5.3  

On 2021-07-09 at 11:07 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Barring any emergencies this will be our last Hotfix before TennoCon

In the future, it might behoove DE to give themselves more than 3 days for followup hotfixes to major batches of new features/content, such as brand new Warframes, weapons, enemies, etc., as a lot of people feel like the Sister's DR is WAY overtuned (effective health of the sisters shouldn't go UP as a player's DPS increases, people are finding that deliberately under-modded weapons kill faster, that's kinda bogus), and Yareli still feels very weak and non-competitive compared to other Warframes. 

Appreciate what we've been given though, it's mostly solid!

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Darth-Pridus said:

I've noticed this bug for a while, but it started annoying me lately: I randomly get kicked from parties and "host migration" pops up.

This is probably just your internet connection dipping out for a second. Not much can be done about that server side.

Yareli needs Nitain Extract, when are you adding new nightwave ranks? what am i supposed to do? doing void sabotage cache is the most illogical thing, either add new nightwave ranks or make it available for platinum. 

• Like 2

Adding my thoughts to the mix...

Yareli... is disappointing.  Unlike the majority vote, I actually like kdrives a lot.  I liked the quest to get her, the only complaint would be having to run back to the orbiter between each stage (loading screens for the sake of loading screens).

However, the end prize, Yareli, is underwhelming.  She feels very underdeveloped, like she's still in the rough-concept stage of development.  Her survivability is non-existent.  She starts getting blasted quite easily at sortie-level content, which frankly is nothing.  Her DR from her 2 is subpar, and getting knocked off the board opens her up to getting absolutely nuked before being able to recover enough to reuse her 2 and get back on the board... assuming the board itself lasts long enough.  I get that she is supposed to be a highly mobile frame, but the penalty for NOT moving every microsecond is getting completely nuked... and there's absolutely no reward to match the high penalty.  Open world, sure, it's easy to keep moving around.  On tight tile sets... sometimes you have to stop, realign, wriggle out of a bit of geometry you're stuck on, ect.

Her abilities are... not good even post "buff".  The passive... yay 200%... on secondaries.  They're secondaries. They're just not packing that much of a punch anyway where that extra 200% crit is anything to write home about.  It's nice, sure, but just nothing spectacular. There's absolutely far worse passives out there, but there's also far better ones too. It's meh.

There's no synergy going on with her kit. The damage is below subpar even.  Even with building my yareli to nuke with her 4, at shamefully low enemy levels such as lv40-50, it's a struggle even with spamming 4, being close enough to the 4 so the blades from the 3 are hitting as well, and having all 15 sea snares in play AND blasting with my secondary.  There is just a massive amount of ability spam and effort to take out low-level cannon-fodder... and it struggles very hard with it.  That's... not good. It's actually extremely bad.

Her 4 also feels.... not good. I've had riptides coming off a wall, off ceilings, a few pixels off on the aim, and that riptide I wanted just a few meters in front of me is halfway across the map it pops in behind corners out of LOS.  It also has a relatively slow cast time, and even natural talent doesn't speed it up much, if at all... it just feels loose, very difficult to control when on foot, much less when zooming around on merulina.  It's damage being cold now is... well, it's damage?  Maybe if it guaranteed a cold proc or something?

Her 1... it's CC. It works as CC. It's meh. It feels like a subpar ripoff of Nezha's spears, or vauban's bastille, props enemies in place up in the air, but unlike those two abilities which just grab enemies within an AOE, Yareli's snares need to be "aimed" in the general direction of an enemy, and used twice if you want to grab enemies that were behind you on the initial cast.,,, and limited to 15 grabs at most. It's just.... not good.

The aqua blades.... no range? I get that we don't want aquablades with 40+ meter range slicing up the whole map (not that it would matter really given it's pitiful damage). but some sort of increase would be nice. It also feels kind of weird that it doesn't open crates in the same manner Gara's 2 can pop crates it hits.  The damage on these are also just.... underwhelming.  Its just... not good.

And her signature ability.... the jellyfish kdrive.  It feels like a severely gimped version of the basic kdrive we get from the initial solaris quest.  Besides not being moddable, you can't even do any of the usual kdrive stuff other than coptering...   Why no kdrive mods on merulina? There are a ton of kdrive combat oriented mods that would have been perfect here.  For being the "inspiration" for the ventkiddies and their kdrives, it's just really strange that the original is just complete dog doo compared to it's imitators.  It also doesnt make much sense that a bunch of orphans scrounging together spare parts stolen from corpus cargo can make boards that are vastly superior in every way than the original which was made by the Orokin...

What would be great is more synergies between her kit's abilities.  How about her 4 blasting out sea snares if at least 1 enemy trapped in it was under the effects of a sea snare?  Maybe her 3 could catch up sea snares and bring them along for the ride until they hit and latch onto an enemy.  Make Merulina moddable, at least with the combat oriented mods.  Hell, just give her 4 more punch.

I'm not into her aesthetic, the cutesy kiddiebopper thing is fine I guess if anime kawaii waifu is your thing, doesn't quite strike me as a WARframe, but whatever.... but at least make her kit worth it.

• Like 3

So is encountering 3 sister mech dogs per mission considered average, or was I a bit unlucky? I kinda thought, that when DE said they reduced murmur grinding by few missions, that they did not mean they reduced sister mech dog spawn to a minimum... And boy, those dogs are vicious if you are not equipped with the right damage type weapon. I can only imagine what the sister fight would look like if she appeared when you are not ready

It would be possible to fix the Proxima Neptune matchmaking so that it ignores the Sisters if you don't have one? Today i wanted to do some Void Storms there and each and every time when the mission finished loading i got the message: "You don't have a sister that have escaped to Proxima Neptune" before it kicked me back to the orbiter. That small conditions should be checked before selection the mission it send you. Other wise the Join Any Crew on Neptune and Saturn will not work :(

Thanks in advance and see you next Saturday. Looking forward to Tennocon :D

18 hours ago, Carmelitha said:

I think that Liches need a little more tweaking : like the higher they get the more quicker they get enfuriated when you takz out their pets and bases, also nice joke on murmur farming made faster .... yes doggo bring lot more murmur progress but since they spawn 3x less often it's quite the same as before.

Be well.

It's incredibly fast if you manage to get a team of players.

For whatever reason, Sister spawn rate seems to increase dramatically in a team. I mean to the degree of every player's sister frequently spawning one right after the other, not just the expected increase of having multiple players rolling spawn chance, and the increased likelyhood of one player having theirs at high anger level. and each one seems to spawn with an immediate two dogs in a full team. this racks up murmurs really fast. I don't think this is a result of other players using beacons ether as mine also tends to spawn when this happens even at really low anger. Unless one beacon summons the litches of all players in the party which does sound like a potential bug...

The obvious issue with this though is that eventually you're not going to be able to get a team. Like with nearly all content in this game that isn't relegated to one single node to matchmake on with perpetually desirable rewards. Single player progression needs to be addressed because the game naturally drifts in that direction as the majority of the active playerbase gets everything they need out of specific parts of the game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, krrysis. said:

Yareli needs Nitain Extract, when are you adding new nightwave ranks? what am i supposed to do? doing void sabotage cache is the most illogical thing, either add new nightwave ranks or make it available for platinum. 

or just add OG alerts back into the game as a suppliment

• Like 1

5 hours ago, muziqaz said:

So is encountering 3 sister mech dogs per mission considered average, or was I a bit unlucky? I kinda thought, that when DE said they reduced murmur grinding by few missions, that they did not mean they reduced sister mech dog spawn to a minimum... And boy, those dogs are vicious if you are not equipped with the right damage type weapon. I can only imagine what the sister fight would look like if she appeared when you are not ready

2-3 dogs from the mission spawns (+1 per Sister appearance) appears to be their natural spawn cadence.

Each is equivalent to probably 5 Kuva Thralls though, so it's still significantly faster to progress Sisters than Liches - especially since Liches have lots of downtime if you want to get the bonus progress from their 'extra' conversions whenever they show.

Le 10/07/2021 à 06:18, Carmelitha a dit :

I think that Liches need a little more tweaking : like the higher they get the more quicker they get enfuriated when you takz out their pets and bases, also nice joke on murmur farming made faster .... yes doggo bring lot more murmur progress but since they spawn 3x less often it's quite the same as before.

Be well.

OK scratch this, my apologies :) apparently the first sister was just lazy or greedy with her pets ( or second one just super pissed off and throw puppies everywhere ) or i guess it depend on the mission type will see difference when creating my third sister.

and yes i play only solo mode because of loosy connection i could try to go squad mode but it will be boring for me and other players to have that guy that keep disconect or who is super slow if connection hang on, so solo it is all the way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xXkrentonXx said:

is there supposed to be lv 560 Spector in granum, in the misted of the lv50s?

Sounds like a bunch of specter particles formed up on one of them before you destroyed them and boosted his level up a ton. I used a regular Granum Crown and was fighting level 5 specters in the void, but forgot my Xoris so wasn't doing too great at taking out the particle versions of them and suddenly one of the specters was level 90 lol

How the Hek is the projectile weapons not working with the new Galvanized CO mods not considered an emergency? One of your most prominent features that was advertized with this new update doesn't work with half of the available ranged arsenal. You haven't even acknowledged this on your Trello board either.

FIX THIS!

Edited by Ace-Bounty-Hunter
  • Like 5

On 2021-07-09 at 6:07 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Weapon Changes:

• Tenet Diplos clip size increased to 92 and increased ammo pool to 460.

Could you also change its homing rounds fire mode from two shot semi auto to full auto please ?

Currently its gimic is more of a con to the gun really .

Edited by bad4youLT

Why are Kuva Lich's still taking ages to get murmurs for compared to the Sisters, I've only noticed a small increase in the bar percentage it fills when you get a murmur, I then need to fight him on a ship after I stab him for the final time, it feels like the Kuva Lich is more tedious than before.

Please up the amount of murmurs the Kuva Lich gives, it's still painfully slow, I have done some Sisters and they are great to do compared to a Kuva Lich.

Dear development team.

On reljack grineer (Kuva lich) you forgot to make a wait counter, some not good players use it, they are doing afk and playing for time.

Consider chasing bad players out of the party.

29 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Why are Kuva Lich's still taking ages to get murmurs for compared to the Sisters, I've only noticed a small increase in the bar percentage it fills when you get a murmur, I then need to fight him on a ship after I stab him for the final time, it feels like the Kuva Lich is more tedious than before.

Please up the amount of murmurs the Kuva Lich gives, it's still painfully slow, I have done some Sisters and they are great to do compared to a Kuva Lich.

The murmur changes weren't applied to Liches according to some, though I haven't verified this myself.

• Like 2

Il y a 15 heures, PollexMessier a dit :

REMOVE THE ABILITY FOR CANDIDATES TO DESPAWN BEFORE DOWNING THEM

If a candidate and a treasurer spawn at the same time (which happens often) and you can't kill the treasurer quickly (which I really shouldn't need to to tell you why that's an unreasonable ask), the god damn candidate just leaves!

I second this

Well, when the candidate bothers spawning, at all

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, DarknessNightshade said:

The murmur changes weren't applied to Liches according to some, though I haven't verified this myself.

The Kuva Lich's don't seem much faster, think I'll stick with the Sisters for now, but I so wanted my Kuva Hek, ahh hek I want them all. :cool:

• Like 2

Still no fix for the condition overload effects on the new galvanized mods not working on projectile based weapons? Not to mention the fact that I don't think condition overload has ever worked on glaive heavy attacks? I'm assuming these are somehow linked since it does work on redeemer and other gunblades.

Edited by LogmantheLogjam

On 2021-07-09 at 6:17 PM, Evillainx said:

Please change the design of the Legendary Ranks icon. It looks terrible and not deserved. Thanks.
e28772a7623e.jpg

This whole rank looks not deserved and for some reason, I would welcome much more MR31 than number 1 again, feels like being MR1 again.

And ye, the icon itself looks like you are some bronze rookie.

• Like 4