Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sisters of Parvos: Hotfix 30.5.3  

[DE]Megan

Can we do something about constant stutter when opening doors to new sections of the map? My FPS are pinned to 144. But every time I go through any of the doors to new sections of the map I get 1fps dip, (who knows maybe it just shows up as 1fps dip) and and there is a micro pause in the game as if game is cacheing next map section. This is extremely annoying. It is unlike in GPU limited scenarios where you have FPS drop, this is something else. Seems to be game engine side.

This can be easily replicated even in orbiter. Get into the game, go up to the star chart, enter the star chart, exit it, turn around for that ramp door to open, during that moment you will experience the stutter.

I am on ultra high end system and this should not be happening.

Ryzen 5950x

Sapphire 6900xt (driver 20.3.2)

32Gb of 3600Mhz c16 dual rank memory

Game is installed in Intel 750 series PCI-e SSD

OS is installed in Samsung 970 EVO nvme SSD

Win 10 with latest updates.

I'm running DX12 enhanced game mode with everything at high. 

Just to inform you guys, going from dx11 to dx12 in this game does not give any performance improvement in CPU bound scenarios, like Cetus market during Busy hours or Isolation Vault runs during heavy fights with full squad, during which AMD Ryzen 3900x is too slow, and game demands 5000 series CPU.

DX12 brings proper multithreading support, maybe it would be good idea to start using it?

Maybe preload the whole map textures into VRAM in systems which have modern GPUs with crap tonne of VRAM? I mean even low/mid range now comes with 8GB of VRAM. If Plains of Eidolon and Valis pushes VRAM usage to 2.5 or so GB, loading all the map in shouldn't be a problem.

Also draw distance in Plains of Eidolon is kinda lame. We have some challenges which ask us to make a headshot from 100m away. Your game engine only loads enemies at 130m plus minus 10m. And at these distances those enemies are static and not moving, which makes headshot from 100m+ challenge a bit of a joke, since we spend more time trying to spawn enemies instead of aiming a headshot.

Overall game runs relatively smooth and is enjoyable, however these small archaic issues ruins the fluid game play.

Oh, and if I update my GPU drivers, and launch the game, I have to suffer macro stutter for like half an hour until majority of game textures are re-cached again, even inside of the orbiter.

8 hours ago, DarknessNightshade said:

Honestly the parts shouldn't have gotten to the point there are now, DE promised us that vault rotations would be monitored for frequency and what people want, but we've had none of that for nearly 3 years now regarding Loki.

I wouldn't be so salty that your Loki Prime parts are plummeting in price, if you really were dedicated to the grind you'd wait until after tennocon because he's still not unvaulted, anyone that doesn't watch the stream and haven't jumped through the hoops to get the rewards won't have one.

Besides that, I've long thought that the free market is BS, every other drop in the game is regulated tightly with drop tables that are updated every Update, Prime Frames should not be accumulating the price they are for being out of rotation for so long.

So you agree?

DE is in the habit of ruining their own game with poor decision making and false promises!

I'm not nearly as upset about the Loki drop as you seem to think, more that /something/ of plat value I actually have is about to not be. Heck, one 300p loki set would have bought me one (1) Ambassador, skipping the MASSIVE grind for that one weapon...

Aside from crap like the Riven "mafia" and DE's complete disregard for it, I mostly enjoy the fact that I can earn the premium currency in this free-to-play game. I can't think of another that puts that much power in the hands of the players. Granted I'm not 100% free, I buy lots Tennogen skins but that's to support the creators more than the devs with how updates have been going. They seem hellbent on sanding off as much fun out of the game as they can, putting every minor convenience behind a grindwall that gets thicker every month, regardless of the worth of the content behind it.

Theres no way to obtain additional Yareli blueprints? 

Marketplace doesnt have them for credits, and thers no blueprint to research in the dojo that I've come across. 

I've already completed the quest and built Yareli, now I'm after a second for the munchy hole in the wall.

1 hour ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Ah yes, it's completely the fault of the players when the game is arbitrarily limiting, not the fault of any bad game design. Victim blaming, much?

No individual thing in Warframe costs more than 5 Nitain to build (with the exception of Aura Forma and Bishamo Cuirass), which is the bundle-size you buy from the Nightwave Offerings for 15 credits, which are the amount every single Nightwave rank after 30 gives you. Instead of having to watch your phone app constantly for Nitain rewards or be ludicrously lucky or no-lifing, DE has an extremely reliable system in place for players to get Nitain. Players either do a small amount of Nightwave to get to the Nightwave credit caches early on in each season, and they spend it carefully, or they can get through all 30 base ranks and then reliably just get another bundle of 5 Nitain by doing 1 "elite" (7k) Nightwave challenge, and one "normal" challenge (3.5k) or 3 daily challenges (1k * 3).

Complaining about running out of Nitain or Nightwave Credits to buy it with isn't too far off from complaining that you didn't have Forma stocked up ahead of time for newly dropped weapons and Warframes. It's something that you budget if you're not willing to grind for more, or you grind for more of it. If you're talking about having maxed-out Nightwave entirely, that means you blew through more than 30 chances to buy a Nitain Extract bundle of 5, or to at least hold 15 Nightwave Credits in reserve. 60 chances if they upped the cap to that level. Nightwave credits are known to cap out per season, a failure to budget is a failure to budget, at that point you commit to grind or pay-to-play for whatever you're after. Nitain is technically also a sabotage cache reward, you might have to suck it up and do that if you don't want to or can't farm Nightwave further.

There are other far more questionable/problematic/debatably-predatory aspects to the game that are worth debating or bringing to DE's attention, I really don't think this is something to complain about.

11 minutes ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

Nitain is technically also a sabotage cache reward, you might have to suck it up and do that if you don't want to or can't farm Nightwave further.

Better than Sab caches, Ghoul bounties. 4-6% chance and multiple possible pulls per run. Not 'always available' but frequent enough we had to get them to stop sending us the message every time.

I will say/agree that it's dumb that they didn't extend more Nightwave Ranks when they released Yareli, who requires Nitain to build, which can only be gotten (efficiently) from Nightwave.

REALLY though, it wouldn't have been hard to pass up a Kuva cache or Catalyst and have a few credits saved, or to have pre-emptively banked at least a single bundle of 5 Nitain for future content, considering you only would have needed to save 2 Nitain for Yareli.

Wait until Tennocon to see if they extend ranks with a surprise update or something.

2 hours ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

Complaining about running out of Nitain or Nightwave Credits to buy it with isn't too far off from complaining that you didn't have Forma stocked up ahead of time for newly dropped weapons and Warframes.

Except it is quite a bit far off. Forma can be used on all weapons and Warframes. Nitain can't. A more appropriate comparison would be to stock up on some random Plains of Eidolon resource like Norg Brains on the off-chance it's included in the latest crafting recipe, except with the added hurdle of said resource (save for a few out-of-the-way single digit chance rewards) being largely tied to an event which basically always arbitrarily caps out way too early and repeatedly has to be prolonged, including the intermission!

Personally, I am the kind of person who always keep a few Nitain in stock because I know, as Yareli has proven, that DE's game design is such that they happily release a Warframe or weapon that requires a resource whose main acquisition is currently unavailable for no good reason - an acquisition avenue which they have previously, multiple times, opened up again, yet they refuse to future-proof it by preemptively implementing the fix that has previously solved the issue. Like fixing a broken engine after the car's already half on fire.

Yareli was survivable, only requiring 2 Nitain to build, for a total of 4 to feed one to Helminth. But they could've also released a frame like Ivara, who'd require 9x2 for the same process. The signature weapon could've also required some 5 Nitain, not to mention that the update could've released even more weapons in need of the resource. How much Nitain should you stock up to be safe, just to circumvent a repeated problem that DE never fixes preemptively? 23? 30? And this is coming from someone that before this update had every single arsenal piece in the game. What about those climbing the MR ladder? Should they choose to not spend their Nitain because they don't know how much the new update will cost them, and they don't know how long it'll take for DE to fix the main acquisition route yet again?

Or, and this is a revolutionary idea,

Should DE just stop capping the Nightwave ranks way too early every single time?

There are other far more questionable/problematic/debatably-predatory aspects to the game that are worth debating or bringing to DE's attention, I really don't think this is something to complain about.

Correction, and Fact: It's not something that people should have to complain about. DE knows how to solve this. They've solved this before. It has been brought to their attention multiple times and they have acted. It's the exact same problem every time, with the exact same solution. People shouldn't have to complain about it every single time in order for DE to solve it.

I will say/agree that it's dumb that they didn't extend more Nightwave Ranks when they released Yareli, who requires Nitain to build, which can only be gotten (efficiently) from Nightwave.

REALLY though, it wouldn't have been hard to (...) extend ranks.

FTFY, because no, it definitely wouldn't have been hard to implement the same fix they've had to implement multiple times now.

I really don't understand the point of the exodia contagion nerf. As pointed earlier, using bullet jump + double jump to get 2 exodia contagions without touching the ground requires some skill and takes time, it's fairly different from the meta and boring melee gamplay which is mash E. I can see how this is powerful since melee is in itself powerful and this is a nice thrown AoE which can make use of all the combo mods that make melee powerful, but you already buffed guns a lot and this isn't a braindead spin-to-win, it lets you use skill and have fun.

But what i'm really really sad about is the Aerial Ace synergy being completely broken. With aerial ace, you can stay up in the air by jumping again, as long as you're able to kill with your primary. This was a nice combo where you could complement the play by using melee from time to time - rarely because you want to stay up for a long time and not burn through jumps but you could to help spread different elements. That was a very fun and rewarding gameplay, because you really had to kill with your primary with the good timing to jump when you need it, and exodia contagion could help you deal with ennemies that have different resistances. But since this gameplay doesn't allow combo at all (relentless combination doesn't work because slash can't be proced from the explosion), the melee can't be that strong if it's used in the air like this, and gunplay is just mandatory to have this work at all. This requires skill and is very rewarding by letting you play both a gun and a thrown melee with a timing to fine tune. But I don't think it can be particularly op, at least in my hands it isn't. This is just pure fun. I guess I will either switch to a glaive or just drop melee altogether. But this timing skill was really fun and I really don't understand why it had to be nerfed like that. It's one of the fun combinations you could use that are very specific, quite fun and rewarding but don't encourage baindeadness, which was good. If you really think that exodia contagion is too op for whatever reason, then make it weaker by nerfing the damage or the mods it scales from. But please don't take away the fun like that and without any explanation at that.

2 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

snip

Bleh. You're not wrong. In an ideal world, DE's monetization would only prey upon people's wish to skip grind and/or timegates. Shouldn't be bullying people into purchasing things outright, by having purchasing it being the only reliable/effective option, due to mismanagement or poor reward designs.

Still was only TWO (2) Nitain Extract though, regardless of your hypotheticals and what-ifs, which can be gotten reasonably reliably from the decently-consistently recurring Ghoul Bounties, or more rarely from Resource Caches. Or by having purchased (or saved the 15 credits for) a single spare bundle of Nitain from the credit store (which, again, Nightwave might have new ranks as soon as Saturday night, for all we know.

Ridiculously niche and S#&$ty way of DE putting on a 2-week-long squeeze for platinum or cash, screwing over 0-nitain maxed-nightwave users specifically, OR they didn't even think of it, OR they knew it would be so few people and for such a short time that it should have been basically irrelevant nitpicking.

🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

OR they knew it would be so few people and for such a short time that it should have been basically irrelevant nitpicking.

Hopefully it'll be a short time because as said, this isn't the first time this has happened, and the backlash has always to my knowledge been severe enough that they eventually added more ranks. I don't see this one being any different if the current rank cap stays.

15 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Or, and this is a revolutionary idea,

Should DE just stop capping the Nightwave ranks way too early every single time?

Correction, and Fact: It's not something that people should have to complain about. DE knows how to solve this. They've solved this before. It has been brought to their attention multiple times and they have acted. It's the exact same problem every time, with the exact same solution. People shouldn't have to complain about it every single time in order for DE to solve it.

Remember last season, when they made the cap unrealistic to achieve by the time you knew what you had to do (read: thousands of globally-timegated Glass enemies on top of clearing every task ever) unless you'd already been doing it reliably and investing a lot of extra gametime to have the opportunity?

Yeah, I'm still annoyed by that and will be every time I look at Nightwave to see an uncapped season I can't fix. So, no, they shouldn't make the cap beyond realistic expectation.

It's not something that people should complain about, because the cap is supposed to end before the tasks do for the sake of those who can't or won't do some of them. But they will complain, because they want to have their cake and eat it too. Nitain is not exclusive to Nightwave, so you can choose to buy it there or you can choose to buy potatoes and have to go hunt ghouls.

That's still better than having to pilgrimage back onto the game every few hours whenever the Alerts popped before.

1 hour ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Remember last season, when they made the cap unrealistic to achieve by the time you knew what you had to do (read: thousands of globally-timegated Glass enemies on top of clearing every task ever) unless you'd already been doing it reliably and investing a lot of extra gametime to have the opportunity?

Yeah, I'm still annoyed by that and will be every time I look at Nightwave to see an uncapped season I can't fix. So, no, they shouldn't make the cap beyond realistic expectation.

It's not something that people should complain about, because the cap is supposed to end before the tasks do for the sake of those who can't or won't do some of them. But they will complain, because they want to have their cake and eat it too. Nitain is not exclusive to Nightwave, so you can choose to buy it there or you can choose to buy potatoes and have to go hunt ghouls.

That's still better than having to pilgrimage back onto the game every few hours whenever the Alerts popped before.

We can certainly argue whether or not the cap is something that should be aimed to be reached, or if they're just bonus ranks, considering that they are bonus ranks...

But

This is still completely irrelevant to the intermissions because unlike the main series, they already have an in-built soft max cap based on how many weeks it's active. There's no enemies to farm for extra ranks. If you've done all the weekly+daily acts, you are in practice capped out.

So yes, at least for intermissions, they should in fact make the hard cap beyond achievability, because it's there to not arbitrarily hinder the soft cap.

8 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

snip

9 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

snip

Good points, really kinda exposes/highlights/describes the conflict DE is consistently going to face though: They have to try and thread the needle between monetizing impatience/inaccessibility, and making the impatience/inaccessibility not so severe that people walk, and never spend on the game.

We can't say "everything should be consistently, quickly, and easily accessible by all players no matter what", or else DE is going to have to switch from a Free To Play model to a Subscription model. They need some things to be completely inaccessible, or hard/time-consuming to access, without the use of plat-trading or buying with plat/cash outright, such as Prime Accessories, and prohibitively difficult-to-farm things like Wolf Sledge (outside of the original Nightwave season for it).

So I guess you're right, PFW, in that if DE has historically recognized people being stuck at the cap without ways of earning more credits for Credit Store offerings, and bumped the ranks, that they should just acknowledge this by bumping the cap up a bit, so maxed players can get Nitain from the store.
I'd agree that nitain (outside of Ghoul Purges) are pretty prohibitively difficult to farm out without Nightwave, so it'd be nice if they consistently increased Nightwave caps when they're dropping either new content into the Credit Store offerings, or in the larger game/market, that requires resources like Nitain to build, or will need Catalysts/Reactors to get their full Capacity. Rather than having to ask/beg them every time. Would be less slimy-seeming of them, less "you MUST pay to play", more "you can pay to accelerate/skip grind".

That little widget next to star chart with News and Community tab is crap, there is no way about it. Community tab is limited to 3 entries. What if I quickly want to report on recent patch's bug, but after the release notes there were few other posts posted in Community tab. So Patch note "news" is bumped out of the view, so now we have to go through backside on a round trip in order to find the thread discussing latest patch in order to report a bug. Is there a reason Community tab is limited to 3 entries? Are you guys Blizzard and assume we have phones and play on them?

Second thing: Arum Spinosa silent kills, you know from behind where you have to click E keyboard key to do it, instead of attack, yeah, that one (Finisher, remembered), it disables Rubico primes manual reload. I cannot reload primary weapon (Rubico Prime in this instance) after several Finishers with Arum Spinosa (it might be other Melee finishers as well). I have to swap to secondary and back to primary in order to do manual reload

Indoor Kdriving ... can't wait for indoor railjacking.

Seriously can you fix this grineer doors blocking when riding Merulina, i know that wasting our time by any mean necessary during missions is your forte but it's already boring with an oversized neckramech so with a K-driving warframe it's hmmm hmmmm what's after boring ?.

And since you won't do anything about it i presume, because you clearly have tested your own game and used tons of common sense, i guess it will be the ability to replace with helminth  ... gloom aquablade, breach surge aquablade ? or just store her next to grendel rhino and excalibur for a gathering dust contest.

3 hours ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

Would be less slimy-seeming of them, less "you MUST pay to play", more "you can pay to accelerate/skip grind".

Agreed there. And yeah, as you said, they gotta make money somehow, but I'd personally rather see higher Nitain costs than having periods where you can't get NW cred. I got a similar issue with the new Holokeys - relatively low costs but inconsistent gathering rates, here due to RNG rather than rank caps, but still.

Il y a 11 heures, Carmelitha a dit :

Seriously can you fix this grineer doors blocking when riding Merulina

And don't forget corpus ones, sliding door have issues, not sure on ship tiles but gound tiles doors block 

Sincerely hope that Orphans Dojo room will sell something else than this frame in a near future .... maybe smugled bundles of ressources buyable for credits with bundles sizes unlocked with standing level, or even weekly randomized type of rare ressources ( buyable only once of course ).

Sound designer team did an great job as always with Yareli but you missed the crucial point : WHERE ARE THE WET FOOTSTEPS NOICES ???

Please redo or remove Tenet Diplos awkward shooting while aiming. its homihg missiles deals no damage and only interferes when i try to shoot at distant targets or in weak points. Can you just move it to alt atak key or make it more useful? this attack cannot kill absolutely no one. it is more than useless - it interferes with aimed shooting.
I had a hard time getting this weapon so that it could not kill the same mobs on a mission?
This weapon's alternative attack mode needs rework. Its uncomfortable.

Requirement for headshot kills for Galvanized mods makes no sense, since the point for these mods is to boost slash application on high levels, in case of Galvo Scope, for example, through Hunter Munitions.

If a slash tick kills the target, despite the original shot being aimed at the head, will not count towards Galvo Scope stacks. The suggestion is to change "on headshot kill" requirement to just "on kill" to get stacks, but leave "on headshot" for the effect itself to be applied.

In other words, you kill enemies to gain stacks, but the effect isn't applied, and only once you secure a headshot while having stacks, the effect either activates on a timer, or is applied to that particular shot.

On a side note, a couple of bugs, one of which is questionable.

1) Rending Crane's neutral combo, despite being defined as slam attacks, doesn't proc the Tenet Exec's shockwaves, whereas W+M2 combo procs it nicely. Either the Wiki information is obsolete, or the combo is bugged.

2) While running melee only and spawning on Uranus in Archwing, I couldn't use my melee once getting out of water until I dipped back into Archwing and got to the surface another time.

3 hours ago, Iridium-77-192 said:

Requirement for headshot kills for Galvanized mods makes no sense, since the point for these mods is to boost slash application on high levels, in case of Galvo Scope, for example, through Hunter Munitions.

If a slash tick kills the target, despite the original shot being aimed at the head, will not count towards Galvo Scope stacks. The suggestion is to change "on headshot kill" requirement to just "on kill" to get stacks, but leave "on headshot" for the effect itself to be applied.

In other words, you kill enemies to gain stacks, but the effect isn't applied, and only once you secure a headshot while having stacks, the effect either activates on a timer, or is applied to that particular shot.

In addition, them being Galvanized Acolyte mods means they can't be used on Exalted weapons. Plus, as someone who always shoot from the hip, those mods were dead on arrival for me.

Archived