Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Converted Sisters of Parvos, why don't they keep their doggo's?

FlashExe

Basically... what the title says.  I'm not sure if there are any concerns over balance in comparison to converted Kuva Liches being by themselves or what, but I find it weird that converted sisters don't get to keep their companions.  I mean, a lot of the sisters seem very attached to their companions.  It feels like they're a part of their character, like it's a part of their theme. Whenever we make that final choice, we receive the companion when we choose to kill the sister but we don't receive them when we choose to save the sister.  It would make sense if they stayed paired with the sister, because we didn't get it and it's a companion unique to her.  Instead... it just kind of disappears.  Idk, it just seems a little odd to me and thematically unsatisfying, like we're only saving half of the character.

@(XBOX)ShodianMaybe.  They do already keep note when you check in the codex since you can still see them there, but maybe.  It's possible that they would need to keep the data in another location besides what's used for the codex.  I obviously don't know how their code works lol.

Considering that the Sister send you their signed contract via mailbox after the conversion. It is more than likely that the hounds are treated as the properties of Parvos so they cannot exactly bring one with them since the corpus are very strict with these things.

That being said, it probably makes a lot more sense for the converted sister to bring her own hound, whereas, vanquishing a sister will provide a modular part of the hound instead. But knowing DE, they are trying to make it as grindy as possible for the first two weeks and then launch a workshop that addresses these issues as fixes.

Ugh, I'm having flashbacks of the old blood again...

@SebastianSommerThat's a good point; the hounds probably are treated as properties of Parvos.  We do however only see the contract the sister provides to us, to provide clarity for our future cooperation.  We don't know if the legal dealings on Parvos' end are held to the same standards, though I would assume that they are considering his character.   At the same time, there may not be any legal wrap-up on that end at all.  If one considers how some of the sisters seem quite agitated at the apparent apathy the sisterhood has towards them during the final fight, I can totally see some of them just stealing 'their' hounds since they are turning their backs on Parvos already.  I really hope DE changes it and makes that the case.

Archived