The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Voracious Metastasis bug found. Hildryn.

-ShadowRadiance-

Greetings!

I came to report that Voracious Metastasis is hyperbugged on Hildryn.

The total Energy cost/Shield cost conversion coding on Voracious Metastasis needs to be looked at.

I hoped i was wrong when i thought of this and that it was just an UI thing when i subsumed it, but it turns out, this DOES work LIVE as of 5 min ago. Testing in ESO and Simulacrum and a random lich mission.

775 energy in 2 seconds flat after cast.

OOOoooorrrrr.... intentional? *winks at DE pplz*

Hildryn new EV Meta? xD

E54QS1uWEAM9oes?format=jpg&name=large

• 1 month later...

It's that way because the energy GIVEN is directly related to how much energy you spend on casting it. That said, Hildryn HAS no energy. And the way DE decided to calculate energy consumption for other ability slapped onto her, makes it so she spends more per cast to compensate for her hyper-inflated shield value. Therfore, the VM cost is technically higher so she feeds more energy to teammates. 

I doubt it's intentional. Odds are, we could see it get changed to giving a flat amount of energy rather than a correlated amout. Hopefully not, though, because then they'd have to fix Thermal Sunder infinite Lim-bombing (replace banish with thermal sunder, cast rift surge, and then spam thermal sunder)

Just now, (XBOX)Wi3rd0tr0n said:

It's that way because the energy GIVEN is directly related to how much energy you spend on casting it. That said, Hildryn HAS no energy. And the way DE decided to calculate energy consumption for other ability slapped onto her, makes it so she spends more per cast to compensate for her hyper-inflated shield value. Therfore, the VM cost is technically higher so she feeds more energy to teammates. 

I doubt it's intentional. Odds are, we could see it get changed to giving a flat amount of energy rather than a correlated amout. Hopefully not, though, because then they'd have to fix Thermal Sunder infinite Lim-bombing (replace banish with thermal sunder, cast rift surge, and then spam thermal sunder)

This is, of course assuming it hasn't been fixed already. Been away for a couple of weeks

It has not been fixed. Its still on the live game.

That was the purpose of this report, i also doubt this is intentional. I fully assumed this ability would have been tweaked for usage on hildryn to give flat X energy, but nope. *Screams of joy*

Hildryn with this subsume is now pretty much a trinity that does not require an enemy target and can armor strip with infinite shield gating. Heck modded right she can heal as well. 

With Vazarin focus school, your affinity range is increased and you can pretty much reach as far as a max range trin without sacrificing anything. 

Ofc the standard abilities that lock out energy regen acts accordingly, you cant give energy with this ability but hey, I pretty much cast this ability the second it runs out or i see someone that might not be topped off on energy, If energy aint regen'd i know they are running one such ability. 

I have a new meme build on hildryn i call energy overflow. 

I spam Metastasis, while keeping her 4 active with max range, producing an ENDLESS amount of energy orbs.

I caused a friends PC to crash cause his screen was LITTERED with energy orbs xD

• 1 month later...

Like weirdotron says, it seems to be intentional as far as I can figure, the scaling is very even with regards to efficiency and duration.  I run about 75 on both stats and it gives around 700 energy over about 8 seconds, without taking too big of a chunk of her shields to cast.  The one seemingly unintentional bug I have noticed with voracious Hildryn is that it doesn't seem to count towards the "energy restored" stat on the end of mission screen.  No definitive proof but I haven't seen it listed once in hundreds and hundreds of pub missions played with her with that particular setup.

Archived