Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do y'all think of hounds?

After fighting a bunch with a squad that were all leveling sisters, we were all surprised we didn't get any parts after converting our Sisters.

I wasn't expecting a whole hound but I thought maybe a part would drop after finishing so many.

1 hour ago, Edoeg said:

After fighting a bunch with a squad that were all leveling sisters, we were all surprised we didn't get any parts after converting our Sisters.

I wasn't expecting a whole hound but I thought maybe a part would drop after finishing so many.

You get parts BP after you level up the hounds from sister.

Edit: BP are drops, see below.

I like them! The mods are great, the one that steals Eximus powers seems like it has a lot of potential, and one straight up basically gives you robot puppies. The offensive elemental type seems alright too. Only used the heat and electric one, still need to experience the orbital laser one. Still need to test and tinker with some of the others and builds, but yeah, I am a fan. I think they are "ugly" too, but in the cute good way. 

12 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

They're quirky and have some fun mods, like being able to steal eximus powers for themselves and splitting into 3 mini dogs. That's cute 😂

Do they just go to lv 30 like other pets or do they go to 40 like the weapons we get from the Sisters?

Leveled the same as other companions, rank to 30 guild them, rank them to max = Mastery, throw back in cupboard and wait to see how all the hotfix's go, then go all Frankenstein on them..

Edit:
I like the look of the modular ones, but not the Sisters one you get they're Butt Ugly.

1 hour ago, Edoeg said:

Not just from vanquishing? or did you mean as part of a vanquish?

I am pretty sure you have to level the hound to get the BP to appear inside foundry. If you don't have any BP you could test it tho.

I have leveled 3 hounds so far, I just donate them back for some Solaris standing.

Edit: BP are drops.

They seem to have potential. 

I managed to get all the different variants, so have all the precepts.

I would not suggest them for anyone with photosensitivity , but they are defintely a viable companion.

Are they better than the vulps or kavats ? No.

Are they better than kubrows ? Situational , but mostly yes.

Considering they have an actual melee mod they can deal some acceptable damage too.

Their audit precepts are all decent support.

Denial seems finnicky , the reflex one actually converts your weapon damage too , so has some use against corpus but can block your attacks as well. Diversified one seems to make the hound invincible as long as more than one pup is active , and since they are smol they tend to be very survivable. Evasive seems to be useless , as they take full damage from explosions.

All the prospectus precepts are decent and look really cool , the damage is meh but it's more CC than damage.

I was lucky enough to get one that already looks how I want with the right stats as my first sisters hound , so I do plan to invest a little in it.

If we get an equivalent of devolution precept I think I may switch to hound as primary companion.

3 minutes ago, Godmode_Ash said:

I am pretty sure you have to level the hound to get the BP to appear inside foundry. If you don't have any BP you could test it tho.

I have leveled 3 hounds so far, I just donate them back for some Solaris standing.

39 minutes ago, Edoeg said:

Not just from vanquishing? or did you mean as part of a vanquish?

You get a fully built hound in the foundry on vanquishing a sister (not sure what happens when you convert)

You also have a Chance to get a random part (core/bracket/model/stabilizer) BP drop after completing the proxima mission , 1 per sister. I did 2 public missions so far. 4 sisters each , one dropped 3 parts the other dropped 4 parts. so i guess its a pretty good drop chance.

22 minutes ago, Godmode_Ash said:

Nope, the part BP drop is just luck on kill/convert. I got the Adlet Core BP in my foundry right now from my first Sister (Who also had an Ephemera, so just insane luck on that first one >_>)

It doesn't tell you that it dropped, You just go to the Foundry under Modular and check to see if theres more than the last time you looked lol. 

31 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

You also have a Chance to get a random part (core/bracket/model/stabilizer) BP drop after completing the proxima mission , 1 per sister. I did 2 public missions so far. 4 sisters each , one dropped 3 parts the other dropped 4 parts. so i guess its a pretty good drop chance.

8 minutes ago, Reitrix said:

Nope, the part BP drop is just luck on kill/convert. I got the Adlet Core BP in my foundry right now from my first Sister (Who also had an Ephemera, so just insane luck on that first one >_>)

Good, now I don't have to level the stupid pet anymore.

Does it come with the tedious dumb AI and no invulnerability or automatic respawns that you have to constantly revive it every 5 seconds? If yes, then they are mastery fodder.

If any new companion doesn't have any form of invulnerability or automatic respawns it will be dead on arrival.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb NeoRetro10K:

I have not really found a use for them that is not already fulfilled by another type of pet. I plan to master and then sell each one.

disarm might work well in THEORY. but doesn't do it. You don't need aoe garbage. new weapons have extremely good performance.

I have leveled the dogs. but forgotten right away. I'll stick with the "panzer". makes a lot more sense!

9 hours ago, (XBOX)Lucas Jameson said:

So, with the Sisters of Parvos came a new companion type, the Hound. A biomechanical puppy with 3 kinds of powers, each with 3 variations. Just wondering what people think of them

What I wanted:

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5ibG9nY2RuLmNvbS93d3cuam95

What I got:

dzi422-f4682304-baf7-4bdf-bf28-3f94fa070

9 часов назад, (XBOX)Lucas Jameson сказал:

Just wondering what people think of them

i think DE should stop spamming my foundry and then inventory (because there is no other way to get rid of them) with this crappy pets

Archived