Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why my pets attack the enemy if I didn't install attacking mods in them? I would really like my pets to be always near by me when I want it.

-EPECb-

17 часов назад, (PSN)jaggerwanderer сказал:

I want my pet to attack mobs. I put in lifesteal mods so they can heal me from time to time. But nope, hardly ever get any health back. My pets just run around doing nothing except play the meat shield distractor. If only there was a mod that allow pets to taunt all mobs within a certain range that has a 10 second cooldown.

Also a good idea for pets. But at the moment, they are constantly attacking enemies. The idea of the theme is to force your pets not to attack enemies when the players needs it.

Smeeta is possibly the only pet players wouldn't want attacking enemies. It probably wouldn't hurt to have a universal beast-companion mod that makes them passive.

Sometimes the cloak Kubrow ends up attacking while cloaked and alerting enemies. 

Mods like Retrieve, Dig, ScavengeFetchShelter, Sense Danger, and a number more of non-aggressive precept and utility mods with debatable usefulness from companions I could go on listing through every breed and mod, would still be usable and worth having if we made our beast companions passive.

Also I always have my beast companions forma-ed for max damage and set with mods to heal my warframe for survivability. Basic melee attacks from beast companions can't really do much more than that in higher-leveled content.

There is a number of arcanes, mods, abilities, and a focus school that would help pet survivability that I lack the motivation to list. The most basic mods for pet survivability are all 3 Link mods found on Earth, 99% of the time these are better than the flat +% mods you can put on them instead, two of the Bleedout companion mods to reach over 2 minutes of bleedout time, and Pack Leader to heal your companion on melee attacks. I've never used it myself but Tek Enhance also grants a % chance for kavats to survive killing blows.

I ended up rambling ahead because I like this stuff so much but it strays from OPs thread.

The Vazarin school provides a dash that grants healing and invulnerability for players and companions that you can use to protect your beasts or any companion. Vazarin also gets 8 instant-revives (4 on your frame, and 4 from your operator) which you can be greedy and save only for yourself. Unless you min-max all your builds, you could always consider running Vazarin, HP mods on your frame (Which in turn would grant your companion more HP), Health damage to energy mods + Adaptation for tanking damage to regenerate Energy since no Zenurik energy dash, and lack of energy pizzas. I run this on even the squishiest frames and still survive with my Kavats healing me or the rare panic-dash for invun and healing. Eventually everything will be one-shotted if you aren't running a tank frame regardless in later Steel Path or excessively lengthy survivals but there's always techniques and precautions you can do to survive as squishy in these levels.

I run Steel Path fine but I haven't gone into any really excessive lengths in endless missions. Grinding Steel Path for acolytes with hour-long runs or mutli-hour runs of Arbitrations to grind out essence usually turns out fine.

I've ran the Vasca Kavat non-stop since it was added to the game for it's revive mod, the Vasca can revive it's owner at the cost of only a small % of HP instead of out-right dying. Vulpaphyla's also got a new precept called Martyr Symbiosis that can revive the player but kills the kavat in the process.

On 2021-07-17 at 9:13 AM, -EPECb- said:

Then why do the dogs in the game behave in a similar way? And what does real life have to do with it? We are talking about the convenience of using pets and about various opportunities for interacting with them in the game.

They do. Kubrows fetch and then run away from you when you try and collect your 'gift'. Who has owned dogs and not seen this? 

About the only thing kavats don't do and cats do is knock stuff off the shelves in your Liset--and I keep expecting to see it. 

Verisimilitude is the reason your pets should behave in a similar manner as what they're based on. Whether it's dog/llama/goat or cat/lizard/peacock, the base animal (cat or dog) should be like a cat or dog. It's what is expected and builds immersion. 

8 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

They do. Kubrows fetch and then run away from you when you try and collect your 'gift'. Who has owned dogs and not seen this? 

About the only thing kavats don't do and cats do is knock stuff off the shelves in your Liset--and I keep expecting to see it. 

Verisimilitude is the reason your pets should behave in a similar manner as what they're based on. Whether it's dog/llama/goat or cat/lizard/peacock, the base animal (cat or dog) should be like a cat or dog. It's what is expected and builds immersion. 

Ok - now I want a llama pet....

6 hours ago, Spharin said:

regenerate Energy since no Zenurik energy dash

In this case i would like to recommend Energizing Shot + Arcane Energize as You can see in Defense I posted. You can also combine it with Equilibrium, Synth Fiber.

Edit: Reason I took Chesa and because Energize has delay No Fetch

5 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

I don’t use Fetch, so I can’t confirm that, but it looks similar like situation when Your Health drops and Your Beast has Hunter Recovery equipped, so he immediately starts to attack Enemy to fulfill it. When there is no needs and You’re “AFK” the Beast is right near You, doing nothing, except casting Precepts, of course.

14 часов назад, Sloan441 сказал:

Let him run for "gifts", BUT! He shouldn't attack the enemies if I don't need it, it's simple, and the topic is devoted to this issue. I want my pets to use their skills, but not get into a fight. I want to have a choice on setting up the behavior of pets. To get into a fight with enemies or to be always close to me - I want to determine this myself.

On 2021-08-03 at 6:39 AM, -EPECb- said:

Let him run for "gifts", BUT! He shouldn't attack the enemies if I don't need it, it's simple, and the topic is devoted to this issue. I want my pets to use their skills, but not get into a fight. I want to have a choice on setting up the behavior of pets. To get into a fight with enemies or to be always close to me - I want to determine this myself.

You will loose “Functions” based on Dmg like Hunter Recovery, Sharpened Claws, Synth Deconstruct, 3 Kubrow have + Finisher Dmg Precepts, etc. You will probably increase Your Hit box, min for Beast, which will not resolve problems with Beasts dying. You should try Masters Summon.
Edit: Pressing Interact key, in Orbiter, near Beast still let You interact with him.

23 часа назад, (PSN)Onder6099 сказал:

Edit: Pressing Interact key, in Orbiter, near Beast still let You interact with him.

But it doesn't do anything, so it doesn't make sense now. And this is sad.

You will loose “Functions” based on Dmg like Hunter Recovery, Sharpened Claws, Synth Deconstruct, 3 Kubrow have + Finisher Dmg Precepts, etc.

Need to make that these functions are not lost. It's not difficult. Just good patch and the problems that you have described will be solved.

You will probably increase Your Hit box, min for Beast, which will not resolve problems with Beasts dying.

Everything is solved. In any case, some pets will run away only because of their skills, and not as now they do it. This will be less unfortunate even if they die because of it.

There are combat breeds for which it makes absolutely no sense to disable the attack function, but the players should have a choice!

To rush into battle without having the strength and health for this, especially when it does not help the owner, but on the contrary hinders, since you constantly have to be distracted to raising your pet - that's what the real problem is. This is insane and it is happening now with the pets in the game.

On 2021-07-10 at 10:48 AM, -EPECb- said:

I setup my Cavat so, that he will always bee near by me and give me buffs and not get into a fight. I have removed all attacking mods and damage mods from cat. And he does everything other way around and as a result dies in a crowd of enemies! Why don't you give the players the opportunity to make their pets passive to attack the enemy? Anyone who wants to make an attacking pet, let them set the appropriate damage mods and other mods for it.

..and this eternal teleportation of fallen animals from room to room will not be needed anymore. In any case, it looks extremely ridiculous and even annoying sometimes. Do animals suddenly have superpowers for teleportation after they receive damage incompatible with life? This is stupid absolutely and nothing is justified in the game. (...and this is like a legal cheat for players! It's wrong.)

Mod [Charm], as for me, should already become a universal mod for all pets, as it was with the mod [Vacuum]. I don't like Smeeta from the word "absolutely!", but I have to take her on missions. This breed is popular at the very top of the top among players and you, probably, understand why... but not everyone likes to take her with them on missions. I'm one of them. For balance, I suggest making the [Charm] mod a passive ability for Smeeta. That is, it will no longer take up space in the build.

I really hope that the developers will turn their attention to these problems. T.Y.!

MOAs are the only pets who don't attack, if you don't give them a gun.

I don't see the Charm mod cramping the style/build of my Smeeta. She's a killing machine, survives mostly anything, and is fine as a farming pet. Add her to Khora with the 4th Augment mod, the right boosters, and items fall like rain. 

Nah, I don't DE to touch the Smeeta since they're always heavy-handed in their "corrections".

В 11.08.2021 в 07:27, GrazeZeroLow сказал:

MOAs are the only pets who don't attack, if you don't give them a gun.

The same should be done for pets. By removing attacking mods - they stop attacking and spinning around the owner. Who needs their pets to attack the enemy - let install attacking mods in them. It's simple.

I don't see the Charm mod cramping the style/build of my Smeeta. She's a killing machine, survives mostly anything, and is fine as a farming pet. Add her to Khora with the 4th Augment mod, the right boosters, and items fall like rain. 

I don't use Khora.

Nah, I don't DE to touch the Smeeta since they're always heavy-handed in their "corrections".

I have already suggested this:

"For balance, I suggest making the [Charm] mod a passive ability for Smeeta. That is, it will no longer take up space in the build."

Free 1 slot for mods in Smeeta not needed?

... I completely forgot when the last time touched my pet on Orbiter. I even stopped looking in his direction. Now he is just a thing for me. Enough time has passed after the update and the awareness came that something really was cut out in vain from this game. It is sad ...

• 3 weeks later...
En 17/7/2021 a las 4:36, (PSN)haphazardlynamed dijo:

Ever owned a real cat? the behavior is accurate, they do whatever they want

lol but:
Kavats are not cats. So for me it makes a lot of sense that they pay attention and follow the instructions that the Waframe they accompany gives them.

3 hours ago, -EPECb- said:

Say thx to this guy ;)

On 2021-08-11 at 3:15 AM, p_silveira said:

Wait, you're the autor of this image? Nice!! I saw it on Reddit some months ago, didn't notice it was you who created it all along. This mod would be a dream (and the image is sooo good XD).

On 2021-07-28 at 11:32 PM, Monolake said:

This been requested countless times for at least 5 years but DE doesn't read feedback... even more baffling that spectres have functionality to just give them order to stay put, but the pets still lack any control and rather run away to suicide instead of using their abilities.

Indeed, Im mostly bothered by the fact that pets survivability is tied to the warframe you are using (link mods) so if you use a frame that doesnt rely on armor and health to keep alive, the pet will die over and over and over and theres nothing you can do except let it die (unless they changed something during the months I was away but I doubt). 

Its long due for invulnerable pets, this reviving sim is neither fun or challenging in any way. There's no reason what so ever to not make them indestructible... 

Archived