Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void storm Holokeys should not have replaced Void traces.

drsnivy

DE replaced Void traces in Void storms, with Corrupted holokeys.

Void traces can upgrade relics to radiant and make dragon keys.
Holokeys can buy you 4 weapons that you will more than likely want 1 (one) of.
(Holokeys were made to be an Evergreen reward for void storms, to incentivize playing the gamemode, I think DE and players have a different idea for what "evergreen" is.)

Void traces were already a good evergreen reward for Void storms. Void traces are EVERGREEN. Holokeys are NOT evergreen.

What DE SHOULD have, and can still:

• Move sevagoth AND epitaph parts to corrupted holokey shop for 40 holokeys. (Remove them from void storm droptables, they dilute it, nobody wants those parts)
  • Move holokeys into their own droptable in void storms, allowing Holokeys and traces (and endo) to drop alongside holokeys. 
  • Make the holokeys a guaranteed 5-10 keys per storm.

This way, players no longer receive completely useless items from an end-game-ish mode, and no longer feel like garbage when they see the dreaded "Sevagoth/Epitaph (part)"
AND players no longer have to spend more than 8 storms per sev/epitaph part.

Hopefully this is constructive, and hopefully I'm using bold text correctly to highlight important points.

As far as I can tell, the forum post about replacing Void Traces is wrong? and Holokeys are just a (randomized) mission reward. I checked the official drop tables, and Holokeys are on the same drop table as Sevagoth parts. Obviously when you get Sevagoth he does not replace the Void Traces you get from opening a relic

12 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

As far as I can tell, the forum post about replacing Void Traces is wrong? and Holokeys are just a (randomized) mission reward. I checked the official drop tables, and Holokeys are on the same drop table as Sevagoth parts. Obviously when you get Sevagoth he does not replace the Void Traces you get from opening a relic

I only really glossed over the patch notes, but I swear it said something very close to "Holokeys replace void traces in Void storm drop tables"
You can provide proof, and i'll probably look right now before posting this reply anyways lol.
Ctrl + F the 30.5 patchnotes:
Each Proxima Void Storm can reward Corrupted Holokeys as Common mission rewards. These replace the End of Mission Void Trace rewards from Void Storms.

Edit: Ctrl + F, not Ctrl + 5 lol

1 hour ago, drsnivy said:

I only really glossed over the patch notes, but I swear it said something very close to "Holokeys replace void traces in Void storm drop tables"
You can provide proof, and i'll probably look right now before posting this reply anyways lol.
Each Proxima Void Storm can reward Corrupted Holokeys as Common mission rewards. These replace the End of Mission Void Trace rewards from Void Storms.

Yeah that's what it says, but... I've gotten Holokeys and Traces at the same time before.

Or wait... did you used to get Void Traces twice from Void Storms? Like once from the relic itself and once from the Sevagoth drop table?

vor 4 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)C11H22O11:

Well that's garbage, it was nice to get those traces, after getting everything out of the holokeys I probably won't touch void storms the traces were the thing that interested me

Well, everyone else realized that they'd get even more traces running regular missions because they're faster.

16 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Or wait... did you used to get Void Traces twice from Void Storms? Like once from the relic itself and once from the Sevagoth drop table?

Yes, it used to be a chance at 25-100 depending on if you're in earth-veil/pluto

Much more generous, and in addition to, the randomised 5-30 or something normal traces give.

16 hours ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

If you want void traces do regular missions; they're faster to open relics anyway

Not the point, but Void storms were more enjoyable than running normal missions BECAUSE of the high endo, void trace and radiant relic reward. Now you're more than likely going to get sev, epitaph and holokeys instead of the better rewards, so it's not even worth bothering anymore.

3 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Something that you're going to keep having a use for.  Evergreen rewards are kuva, endo (debatable), rivens, relics (to a point), void traces, riven slivers, riven transmuters, syndicate medallions, and more.

I'm not sure riven slivers is one then considering how little we can actually use them. 

1 minute ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

It'd be something you'd always have a use for if you don't have an obscene amount with only one use of 10 per week. Literally... give palladino other things for slivers. XD

Fair, but evergreen doesn't have to mean you can use it constantly.  It's more like a long game sometimes.  

Syndicate medallions technically have a time gate on them too, especially if you're just focusing on one syndicate.

Holokeys don't count as evergreen because eventually we will have all the tenet melee weapons at as high of a % that we want.  Sure, DE might add more tenet weapons every now and then.  But we can't rely on that.  Void traces do count as evergreen because of the prime release structure already established.  And even if the timing of primes changes, void traces will have their uses for trading and such.

Void traces, like so many things are normally useful, but there are situation where they aren't, like when you have max traces already. Holokeys do have a lifespan in terms of value, even if you insist on going for the max 60% bonus on all 4 Tenet Melee Weapons. that being said, the cycle is always the same: new resource is added and is in high demand, players farm it and use it for what they want, then once they have what they want, there's no reason to go back and farm that resource again.

at the very least Holokeys should be used to buy other things as well, including other evergreen resources like Kuva. I'm thinking that since Arbiters have Vitus Essence and Perrin Sequence have Holokeys, the remaining 4 main syndicates could potentially get their own shop as well. 

DE made a boo-boo on this since traces and relics share the common drop. They should have replaced the relics with keys and placed "radiant relic bundle" in the holokey shop instead. That would go hand in hand with drop rates, it would also give people a reason to go back after having all tenet weapons, Sev and Epi.

5 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

DE made a boo-boo on this since traces and relics share the common drop. They should have replaced the relics with keys and placed "radiant relic bundle" in the holokey shop instead. That would go hand in hand with drop rates, it would also give people a reason to go back after having all tenet weapons, Sev and Epi.

Love this idea. Put this is the feedback megathread and explain why how it is now is not good. 

11 minutes ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Love this idea. Put this is the feedback megathread and explain why how it is now is not good. 

Yep, just posted it in the most appropriate of the megathreads, the one regarding sisters of parvos since it deals with tenet weapons too atleast and they have no thread for the void storms atm. Hopefully it is related enough to be in that thread.

25 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yep, just posted it in the most appropriate of the megathreads, the one regarding sisters of parvos since it deals with tenet weapons too atleast and they have no thread for the void storms atm. Hopefully it is related enough to be in that thread.

They literally put holokey there to make storms relevant after sevagoth and his stuff. In doing so, they once again created the issue that was there to begin with: eventually people won't have a reason to run it. 

19 hours ago, drsnivy said:

This is just bad wording. Dunno who wrote this, this patchnote also claim you have to vanquish Sister to get ephemera, and as i see, th

You can check it in 3 ways.

1. official drop list https://warframe.com/droptables

2. wiki https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Void_Fissure

3. by playing the game.

Void traces are reward not after mission, but after each rotation (with relic, or even without it).

19 hours ago, drsnivy said:

This is just bad wording. Dunno who wrote this, this patchnote also claim you have to vanquish Sister to get ephemera, and as i see, th

You can check it in 3 ways.

1. official drop list https://warframe.com/droptables

2. wiki https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Void_Fissure

3. by playing the game.

Void traces are reward not after mission, but after each rotation (with relic, or even without it).

Archived