Can the tigris be built to be viable in steel path?

Jadous

Question

Even the sancti Tigris only has 15% cc with 1.5x multiplier (lol)

And the highest status is the normal variant tigris. Feels to me that these weapons are unmoddable even with a good riven. No reliable status or crit 

Thoughts?

• Like 1

13 answers to this question

With buffs and debuffs it'll be able to kill a lot. Don't forget you have arcanes, warframe ability buffs and debuffs, rivens, and things like the helminth.

Even specters are a great daily use item. I use Wisp with a bramma for a slight haste mote and health mote buff, along with wisp running around brammaing enemies.

• Like 1

Sancti can be okay-ish with status slash build, but with just a 2 shot mag it'll be a pain in SP imo, Vaykor Hek or Corinth (P) work much better. But if you want to just shred everything with a "shotgun", get Convectrix, that thing goes through them like a knife through butter.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jadous said:

Even the sancti Tigris only has 15% cc with 1.5x multiplier (lol)

And the highest status is the normal variant tigris. Feels to me that these weapons are unmoddable even with a good riven. No reliable status or crit 

Thoughts?

You need to build Sancti Tigris with Hunter Munitions, and generally for Tigris, a Riven is desired. That's the only way in which Tigris family can be good in Steel Path. 

Sancti is the most viable currently, and sure i guess? it's alright. gets a bit better than usual if you get creative with the Mods that are available and bring other sorts of Damage buffs.

• Like 1

Define "Viable"?

if you mean: use it to kill that one lone grineer who was hiding in the corner and got missed, while the rest of the squad moves on to nuking the next tile. Sure, it'll do that.  -btw, there's not much point in sorting that one last guy, get enough tiles ahead of him and he'll recycle-spawn.

Won't be killing groups in a timely manner tho.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Define "Viable"?

if you mean: use it to kill that one lone grineer who was hiding in the corner and got missed, while the rest of the squad moves on to nuking the next tile. Sure, it'll do that.  -btw, there's not much point in sorting that one last guy, get enough tiles ahead of him and he'll recycle-spawn.

Won't be killing groups in a timely manner tho.

Adding ensnare to any frame or using magus anomaly makes that a non issue.

15 hours ago, Soy77 said:

Everything is viable for steel path if you're willing to invest in it.

As long as it's not some ridiculous asks like an mk-1 braton.

Not true at all tbh

I've got a Sancti Tigris with a riven. It's more than viable, as long as you can stomach the constant reloading. Especially with the new Galvanized mods it'll oneshot grineer even without HunMun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kraethius said:

I've got a Sancti Tigris with a riven. It's more than viable, as long as you can stomach the constant reloading. Especially with the new Galvanized mods it'll oneshot grineer even without HunMun.

Care to share the build? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jadous said:

Care to share the build? 

https://overframe.gg/build/new/1032/sancti-tigris/?bs=WzEsMTAzMiwzMCwxLFtbNzEyLDMsMV0sWzU1MjUsMTAsMl0sWzcyMywxMCwxXSxbNzA2LDUsMV0sWzI1MDAsOCwzLFtbNjEsMC4yMzg1MzAwNzgzMTgyNzM5XSxbNTYsMC4xODU1NjgxODk3NjU3NTU5OF1dLFs2NSwwLjM0Mzc1OTM3NzU4NjI3MDFdLDgsMywwXSxbNzEzLDMsMF0sWzU1MjIsMTAsMV0sWzcyNCwxMCwxXSxbNTUyMywxMCwxXSxbMCwwLDBdXV0=

Riven's kinda mediocre, haven't rolled it that much. If you lack a riven replace it with either Sweeping Serration for more slash procs or Primed Chilling Grasp for more raw damage. Galvanized Savvy is optional for PCG too, though it's pretty good for heavier targets.

Edit: and yes, haven't unlocked the arcane slot yet. You can imagine what it'll do with a maxed arcane.

Edited by Kraethius
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Jadous said:

Not true at all tbh

which part? most stuff can be made work in sp, or mk-1 braton won't work in sp ever?

might want to make yourself clearer next time. this is a public forum, that's not how any of these works.

how would you feel if instead taking my time to type all these, i just replied: "that's bullS#&$." without explaining anything?

8 hours ago, Soy77 said:

which part? most stuff can be made work in sp, or mk-1 braton won't work in sp ever?

might want to make yourself clearer next time. this is a public forum, that's not how any of these works.

how would you feel if instead taking my time to type all these, i just replied: "that's bullS#&$." without explaining anything?

I meant to say that not all weapons are made equal. Even with best modding the rusults will not be even close. Some fully modded weapons with god riven can be weaker than unmodded weapons. I say this unironically if you compare the best weapons to the worst.

13 hours ago, Kraethius said:

https://overframe.gg/build/new/1032/sancti-tigris/?bs=WzEsMTAzMiwzMCwxLFtbNzEyLDMsMV0sWzU1MjUsMTAsMl0sWzcyMywxMCwxXSxbNzA2LDUsMV0sWzI1MDAsOCwzLFtbNjEsMC4yMzg1MzAwNzgzMTgyNzM5XSxbNTYsMC4xODU1NjgxODk3NjU3NTU5OF1dLFs2NSwwLjM0Mzc1OTM3NzU4NjI3MDFdLDgsMywwXSxbNzEzLDMsMF0sWzU1MjIsMTAsMV0sWzcyNCwxMCwxXSxbNTUyMywxMCwxXSxbMCwwLDBdXV0=

Riven's kinda mediocre, haven't rolled it that much. If you lack a riven replace it with either Sweeping Serration for more slash procs or Primed Chilling Grasp for more raw damage. Galvanized Savvy is optional for PCG too, though it's pretty good for heavier targets.

Edit: and yes, haven't unlocked the arcane slot yet. You can imagine what it'll do with a maxed arcane.

thanks bro i will try it. I appreciate it.