Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 10.6.1 + 10.6.1.1

[DE]darryl1

The netcode isn't great, but I'm going to say its an issue on your side. I play with my gf on the same network while hosting for 2 others. No one has any lag whenever I host. 4.5ghz I5, 16gb ram, 7950, SSD, and 25/5 connection. Her computer is no slouch either 4.2ghz I3, 16gb ram, 6870, SSD. Perfect gameplay. It's so good, its like she's the host when I host.

I think some of you are playing on old computers and think it should be more than enough. Try a newer computer.

*Sorry, should be faster computer.

Its not the computer i'm running a computer with very similar stats to yours, its a network issue not a hardware issue. 

Unresponsive black screen still happens even if we have a fast internet connection... It does not allow the progress/loot to be saved after some missions. And all it keeps saying is that the mission cannot be aborted because the objective has been completed.

Hotfix 10.6.1

• Fixed a case where player would occasionally be unable to melee/block after being knocked down during melee swings.
  • Fixed a similar case where player would become stuck in the melee charge anim if knocked down while meleeing.

YES!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW GUYS :'D

As far as I can tell, the blank screen after mission complete seems to be due to low ping of one or more players in the group; had two runs this morning where we had a blank screen after extraction, the laggy player hit Alt+F4 after losing patience.  Right after he announced (via Teamspeak) that he was disconnecting, instantly the rest of us exited the blank screen and returned to the Menu w/ Results window.

...whereby we mocked him for his slow connection.

Edited by Reithur

Unresponsive black screen still happens even if we have a fast internet connection... It does not allow the progress/loot to be saved after some missions. And all it keeps saying is that the mission cannot be aborted because the objective has been completed.

^ This Too

The netcode isn't great, but I'm going to say its an issue on your side. I play with my gf on the same network while hosting for 2 others. No one has any lag whenever I host. 4.5ghz I5, 16gb ram, 7950, SSD, and 25/5 connection. Her computer is no slouch either 4.2ghz I3, 16gb ram, 6870, SSD. Perfect gameplay. It's so good, its like she's the host when I host.

I think some of you are playing on old computers and think it should be more than enough. Try a newer computer.

^Not This...

I guess a faster computer doesn't mean more intelligence. <facepalm>

UDP issues can crop up much more easily going over the larger internet than a switch on your local network

p2p nature of this game and UDP's lack of error correction / controls mean that comparing your lan play vs the larger internet is absurd.

Edited by xethier

Not that I am trying to put more stress on the developers, but Ever since this last hot fix I have been losing sync with the host and therefore becoming unable to complete or even play a mission. I haven't looked through all of the posts, but I feel that this would be a good place to report this error I keep having because it relates to the most recent hot fix. Hopefully you find the cause of this problem and fix it.

Sincerely,

SirHeartbreaker (Random guy you don't know)

^Not This...

I guess a faster computer doesn't mean more intelligence. <facepalm>

Then explain how my setup works 100% perfect when I host on my local network and when i host for others over the internet? Perhaps you should take some of your intelligence and fix your setup.

Then explain how my setup works 100% perfect when I host on my local network and when i host for others over the internet? Perhaps you should take some of your intelligence and fix your setup.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_Datagram_Protocol

UDP uses a simple transmission model with a minimum of protocol mechanism.[1] It has no handshaking dialogues, and thus exposes any unreliability of the underlying network protocol to the user's program. As this is normally IP over unreliable media, there is no guarantee of delivery, ordering or duplicate protection. UDP provides checksums for data integrity, and port numbers for addressing different functions at the source and destination of the datagram.

UDP is suitable for purposes where error checking and correction is either not necessary or performed in the application, avoiding the overhead of such processing at the network interface level. Time-sensitive applications often use UDP because dropping packets is preferable to waiting for delayed packets, which may not be an option in a real-time system.[2] If error correction facilities are needed at the network interface level, an application may use theTransmission Control Protocol (TCP) or Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) which are designed for this purpose.

by the way, i alluded to this earlier in this thread. maybe this will make it more clear...

additionally... as a host, you won't run into this as often as those that you are serving.

Edited by xethier

PC specs:

Intel Core i5 2500k @ 3.5 GHz

GeForce GTX670 2GB
8GB RAM
Windows 7

Laptop specs:

Intel Core i7 3632QM  2.2 GHz
AMD Radeon HD 7670M 2GB
8GB RAM
Windows 8

My PC used to host fine until 9.6 or so, then it began getting laggier and laggier...except when it hosts fine...sometimes. No, a clean installation of windows 7 didn't help at all.

My laptop used to host fine, with no issues at all until 10.6.1, no lag whatsoever with any number of clients in any type of mission in any level. Even if I couldn't max out the game and, if my FPS had massive drops at times*, there was never lag.

My laptop's CPU may be better than my PC's benchmarkwise but, really...benchamarks mean nothing in real world scenarios. My laptop used to be the better host, while using WiFi, compared to my PC, which uses an ethernet cable.

I can play games that rely on p2p connections just fine on both machines, my internet connection may not be the best (25/0.67) but, it's rock stable.

88829367.png

"Ok, it's not your computers, it's your upload speed"

No.

A) I would've had issues all the time, why would my "crappy internet connection" begin giving me issues when, everyone else began getting them? Instead of, you know, all the time because, it's terrible.

B) I can play other games AND host servers for other games just fine.

C) Both machines were on the same network, I may not know many computery magics but, the stupidly high amount of lag that I had to deal with seems odd to me.

It's not that their (DE's) netcode is "not that great", right now, it's downright terrible. And, if past updates have shown me anything is that it'll only get worse.

I can see it's 'shopped because your game is in russian but the background text is in english.

Unless it's a localization bug too.

Also, that one pixel on the right to the black looks iffy.

*not "lol I play at 10fps" but, things going below 30 FPS for a second or 2 when something big happened; like a ton of M. Primed things going boom

Edited by akaSM