Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is invigoration too OP?

Galuf

Edit because people speak with things they don't interact with it seems

1) You can choose wich frame gets the buff in 4 days if you have almost all the frames to put buff on(it's 10 buffs to place so 4 resets total if you do 3 3 3 1 but it can also be 2 2 3 3)

2) It's 7 week duration and 3 new options every 24h

3) yesterday got 100% powerstrengh + 1K hp, a buff with 200% melee crit chance and something else that was nice(don't recall) and another with 75% efficiency and primary multishot. Don't tell me it's weak because it is not weak at all. It's always more than 2 stapple mods worth of stuff

Post in the title. I got back in the game to test the new features and after installing the new Segment I have been baffled by the buffs. The fact that it can be spread to other frames and the numbers make me wonder a lot. This is some intense power creep there, the most we had since a very long time actually.

The RNG nature means it's going to be meh 99 times out of 100: it won't be the frame you want, or the buff you want, or whatever. That 1 time, yeah, it's going to be 200% crit chance and 75% efficiency on Saryn or whatever and you'll be able to spend 7 days straight in the same SP survival mission for the lulz if that's what you want to do. Not exactly gamechanging.

6 minutes ago, Redfeather75 said:

It is worth getting? I am not eager to farm standing anymore.

Well, depends on your luck. I got 200% Melee crit chance and 100% Max Energy on Wukong week long buff. Segment is 30k standing and needs rank 5 though.

Yes and no.

Since it's entirely random which frames you get (choosing a frame every ten is pretty irrelevant) and what buffs they're given on top of that you can get invigorations for frames, builds, and/or playstyles you don't use. While when you do get strong buffs like power strength plus weapon damage on a damage buffing frame it is technically overpowered. It's sort of like hoping you've rolled a god riven every week, it might be overpowered but there is no guarantee and it's still temporary.

Ultimately I'm left wondering why we needed this system in the first place when it really just sits within two extremes. If it was to try and improve frame diversity it'll fail due to the temporary nature of it. 

53 minutes ago, trst said:

Yes and no.

Since it's entirely random which frames you get (choosing a frame every ten is pretty irrelevant) and what buffs they're given on top of that you can get invigorations for frames, builds, and/or playstyles you don't use. While when you do get strong buffs like power strength plus weapon damage on a damage buffing frame it is technically overpowered. It's sort of like hoping you've rolled a god riven every week, it might be overpowered but there is no guarantee and it's still temporary.

Ultimately I'm left wondering why we needed this system in the first place when it really just sits within two extremes. If it was to try and improve frame diversity it'll fail due to the temporary nature of it. 

I feel like it will end up a lot like arby buffs. We have so much overkill unless it's a buff for something they use a lot, most people still use whatever they feel like in an arby and not the buffed item.

Past experience then suggests similar psychology will play out here. So basically it will mostly just be a bit of power creep once in a while for stuff we already use and ignored the rest of the time.

17 minutes ago, DonGheddo said:

After 10 invigorations , u can use what warframe you want, so yes.. it's worth it and it's op

And basically the first 10 are random “Warframe Rivens” and then I get to pick the “Warframe riven”  I want. 

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
question is why? What’s it for? Why is this a feature? It’s completely unnecessary.  And yet more wasted dev time. 

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Redfeather75:

at least for helmith levels.
even if new skills are very bad according to the wiki. especially lvl 15 - the thing flies 200 meters and has 20 sec cd. if you are too close to the object nothing happens.

but maybe they'll fix new skills at some point ...

3 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

Let me put it this way:

I was offered a Mirage buff of +1,000 armor and 200% pistol crit chance. And it honestly did not effect her overall playstyle at all

it's kinda ridiculous.

sure, people can argue that they're optional and random and all, but who is genuinely going to say no to more power? not many people. myself and a lot of others voiced our disagreement in the relevant thread, but it seemed to fall on deaf ears. Invigorations are basically warframe Rivens that disappear after a week; it's not like most warframes need more power anyway, and the ones that actually benefit most form Invigorations are frames that need a rework anyway. adding buffs onto mechanically unsound abilities doesn't make them more fun to use. 

they're not something I ever asked for, and I'd rather have seen that dev time spent on proper reworks.

They are trying to make unpopular frames more played - the buffs are weighted towards those frames. I dont even think it matters much for endgame players, we are already too op to need more and the enemies that matter are cheat to ignore your damage/abilities anyway. 

The game been nothing but constant buffest powercreep so no one cares or notices anymore.

Il y a 10 heures, Redfeather75 a dit :

30K standing is not much and you can farm endo at the same time. I hate the zone but had the tokens.

Il y a 4 heures, (PSN)robotwars7 a dit :

it's kinda ridiculous.

sure, people can argue that they're optional and random and all, but who is genuinely going to say no to more power? not many people. myself and a lot of others voiced our disagreement in the relevant thread, but it seemed to fall on deaf ears. Invigorations are basically warframe Rivens that disappear after a week; it's not like most warframes need more power anyway, and the ones that actually benefit most form Invigorations are frames that need a rework anyway. adding buffs onto mechanically unsound abilities doesn't make them more fun to use. 

they're not something I ever asked for, and I'd rather have seen that dev time spent on proper reworks.

The are weapon buffs as well mixed in that are pretty massive, it's a mix of many thing, but it certainly is a cluster#*!% powerlevel wise.

4 hours ago, Monolake said:

They are trying to make unpopular frames more played - the buffs are weighted towards those frames. I dont even think it matters much for endgame players, we are already too op to need more and the enemies that matter are cheat to ignore your damage/abilities anyway. 

The game been nothing but constant buffest powercreep so no one cares or notices anymore.

Even still, most of time less used Frames are due to their skill set. 

Loki isn't suddenly gonna be picked up even if it has 300+ ability strength.

This fixes pretty much... nothing.

2 hours ago, Galuf said:

30K standing is not much and you can farm endo at the same time. I hate the zone but had the tokens.

The are weapon buffs as well mixed in that are pretty massive, it's a mix of many thing, but it certainly is a cluster#*!% powerlevel wise.

lmao you think I actually ranked up entrati to max.

Archived