Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shred With Vectis?

AurielTheYounger

Question

10 answers to this question

the fire rate does literally nothing for the weapon because of its bolt-action firing mechanism. Only reload time helps decrease time in between shots. Yeah the puncture is nice but any mod that increases damage in some way shape or form is more effective

since you should be going for headshots, and often, i feel like its a waste. better to get things faster one at a time than to wait for the right moment, or hoping that they line up on their own.

but if you are already one-shooting things with it on so you arent wasting anything, feel free.

use it if it nets you an extra kill when you are already downing them.

dont if its causing your single target kill rate to suffer.

Edited by MetalGerbil

For me it would depend on mission type and map setup. If there are chokepoints on the map where the enemies are funneling through it like on many Corpus defense missions, then the opportunity for puncture to shine is there. Bt for example a Grineer defense mission where the enemies have a relatively open area to maneuver in and multiple spawning areas it seems a quicker reload would be a better way to go, For me I would use the A,B,C build buttons and have different builds for different situations premade. Pick the one that goes best with the mission type I plan on going into, and go with it.

Good Luck!

Shred gives the chance to quadruple your on paper DPS on just 2 targets.

Because Multishot already doubles your DPS.

But if you hit multiple targets your DPS hits the ceiling. 

If. That's the problem; it's really situational and might not be worth taking a slot for.

For me it would depend on mission type and map setup. If there are chokepoints on the map where the enemies are funneling through it like on many Corpus defense missions, then the opportunity for puncture to shine is there. Bt for example a Grineer defense mission where the enemies have a relatively open area to maneuver in and multiple spawning areas it seems a quicker reload would be a better way to go, For me I would use the A,B,C build buttons and have different builds for different situations premade. Pick the one that goes best with the mission type I plan on going into, and go with it.

Good Luck!

When it comes to the funneling thing, I think it'd be best when indoors with Grineer, maybe the Grineer Galleon levels. Because they're all of approximately the same height, and if you get max level-ed shred (which is really useful with a Soma (see marcutio's video on the 3-forma max damage Soma)), you can get double headshots quite reliably. Although, multishot won't work as well with puncture, because the falling bodies stops the second bullet, as far as I can tell.