I assume now that Sisters are out the focus will start to turn towards a series of Infested updates

I feel as though we'll see what happened with the Corpus over the last year slowly starting with the Infestation before long. Meaning we'll see an Infested tile remaster/entirely new Infested tile set (or perhaps both), maybe a quest to introduce a new villain or threat, leading into Infested railjack which will require the new/remastered tiles for the "micro-planets" they showed off and finally infested liches using the new antagonist after all of that framework is set.

I know folks are getting tired of Railjack and Kingpin system content but they did say Infested are also getting their versions of this content, so logically it safe to assume that they'll be working on this stuff sooner rather than later.

Edited by xcrimsonlegendx
Clarification

No offence but

As much as I'd love DE to make Infested based updates, unfortunately I've kind of lost faith in DE's ability to make Infested stories that are interesting, about the Infested. As they always treat the Infested as an obstacle rather than a genuine threat. And when they are a genuine threat, it's normally because of something else, that isn't the Infestation in particular.

Last time the Infested itself had some decent lore in my opinion, was back with Simaris's codexes on the Ancient Healers.

I don't really have the energy to type out my frusterations with the Infested and how they are handled in Warframe, so I'll just link to a previous thread I made which explains more.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

logically it safe to assume that they'll be working on this stuff sooner rather than later.

Sisters of Parvos came out one and a half a year after The Old Blood, so unless DE gets their S#&$ together I wouldnt expect Infested Kingpin before next years Tennocon. We also don't have a Infested baddy that could be responsible for creating those, at least yet, we will know in 6 days

• Like 1

I am quite keen to see Infested Railjack to be honest.

Be interesting to see what kind of unique weapons and mechanics they make with a purely infested thematic base. 
Getting some infestation modified Grineer and Corpus weaponry would be pretty cool too. I want an Infested Sword and Shield XD

Infested Liches make a lot of sense too. Infested are a hive mind, So an infested super unit learning from your warframe killing it is more interesting than the Corpus and Grineer ones just teleporting away. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, szajbus0123 said:

Sisters of Parvos came out one and a half a year after The Old Blood, so unless DE gets their S#&$ together I wouldnt expect Infested Kingpin before next years Tennocon. We also don't have a Infested baddy that could be responsible for creating those, at least yet, we will know in 6 days

Well yeah, I didn't mean to say it'll be releasing soon. Just that they'll begin working on it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Reitrix said:

Infested Liches make a lot of sense too. Infested are a hive mind, So an infested super unit learning from your warframe killing it is more interesting than the Corpus and Grineer ones just teleporting away. 

Interestingly, if the Ancient Healer codex from Simaris is anything to go by, there's already an in-lore explanation for how Infested Liches would work.

Apparently the Infestation can "remember" and "replicate" things it has consumed, sort of like how we can Subsume Warframes in our Helminth.

According to the Codex, there was two Florists who had a telepathic connection with each other, one of them succumbed to the Infestation and unfortunately, the surviving sister could "hear" her sister all around them before an Infested attack which they survived.

Given the Technocyte can also assimilate and replicate non-organic compounds and materials like metal, it could be possible for the Infestation to build some form of enemy who it keeps replacing and it gets stronger. The method to eliminating them, would be to cause that specific Infestation that keeps spawning them, to "forget" how to create it somehow. Making it a Lich we truly can kill, but not defeat. Akin to Shadow of War/Mordor.

Edited by Zahnny
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

I don't really have the energy to type out my frusterations with the Infested and how they are handled in Warframe, so I'll just link to a previous thread I made which explains more.

Oh trust me, I share you pain. Can't express my deep frustrations when they told us that Deimos was going to be an "Infested homeworld" and after we got it, it contained ZERO Infested lore or world building. Deimos is just an Orokin facility that has been consumed by the Infestation, not an infested home world.

But I still have hope, they showed off the Infested Micro-planet concept art last year and judging by that there will be new 100% infested environments to explore in Railjack. They're my favorite faction by far, someday they'll get the content they deserve.

• Like 1

vor 41 Minuten schrieb xcrimsonlegendx:

I feel as though we'll see what happened with the Corpus over the last year slowly starting with the Infestation before long. Meaning we'll see an Infested tile remaster/entirely new Infested tile set (or perhaps both), maybe a quest to introduce a new villain or threat, leading into Infested railjack which will require the new/remastered tiles for the "micro-planets" they showed off and finally infested liches using the new antagonist after all of that framework is set.

I know folks are getting tired of Railjack and Kingpin system content but they did say Infested are also getting their versions of this content, so logically it safe to assume that they'll be working on this stuff sooner rather than later.

may be. but they will probably fix the best weapons. at least somehow. because now everything is super easy. no matter if solo 1h surv or certain bosses. you no longer need a specialized warframe.

that will take some time. but infested wouldn't be wrong either. above all, they should become good enemies and not be a punching bag.

but i think the balance fix and more railjack content is on the plan. only know that except devs.

We still need soo much to be fixed up.

-Open world bounties
-Open world in general
-Guns vs Melee (arcanes and mods added do nothing for non-meta weapons)
-Railjack (again)
-Enemy AI
-Abandoned gamemodes such as invasions
-Syndicates need work
-Etc

There is much to do before moving on, but of course in true DE fashion, I expect they will anyways.

2 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Infested Liches have a lot more potential IMO, due to the fact that the Infested can evolve and morph quite quickly. imagine making an infested Lich, and then as it ranks up, it gets bigger.. it gets stronger, it gets some added tentacle arms and a new attack.. they can be opponents that genuinely have a reason for becoming more of a threat, rather than just "their number is bigger so they get more EHP". imagine seeing them progress from a slightly more menacing version of a regulars infested unit into their own unique (ish) monstrosity. 

plus it would be nice for some of the more lacklustre Infested guns to finally get a variant. 

4 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

it would be nice for some of the more lacklustre Infested guns to finally get a variant. 

Honestly that is one of the most appealing parts of the infested liches, the vast majority of infested weapons suck. Only a few really shine among the fodder. Getting a new variant with a nice new paint job and buffed stats and new mechanics is on the top of my list.

3 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Interestingly, if the Ancient Healer codex from Simaris is anything to go by, there's already an in-lore explanation for how Infested Liches would work.

Apparently the Infestation can "remember" and "replicate" things it has consumed, sort of like how we can Subsume Warframes in our Helminth.

According to the Codex, there was two Florists who had a telepathic connection with each other, one of them succumbed to the Infestation and unfortunately, the surviving sister could "hear" her sister all around them before an Infested attack which they survived.

Given the Technocyte can also assimilate and replicate non-organic compounds and materials like metal, it could be possible for the Infestation to build some form of enemy who it keeps replacing and it gets stronger. The method to eliminating them, would be to cause that specific Infestation that keeps spawning them, to "forget" how to create it somehow. Making it a Lich we truly can kill, but not defeat. Akin to Shadow of War/Mordor.

DE could go the lazy route and have the Infested Liches be modular Warframes that make hissing noises. Acolytes 2.0 basically. Probably cooler and more nemesis like than what Liches or Corpus Sisters are.

Or they could go all in and tie it into Stalker mode. 

Players can play as these rogue Infested Warframes by invading other Player missions and deal Conclave scaled damage to each other ignoring all mods.

i'm actually desperate for an infested tileset remaster and given that the corpus ships have been a remaster, they can just mostly plaster those rooms in infested decoration and call it a day!

although it is nice seeing the old corpus tileset in the infested ones

4 minutes ago, EdinaMonsoon said:

i'm actually desperate for an infested tileset remaster and given that the corpus ships have been a remaster, they can just mostly plaster those rooms in infested decoration and call it a day!

although it is nice seeing the old corpus tileset in the infested ones

Yeah, they've made some updated infested clutter as well for Deimos so they could easily reuse that to replace all the outdated looking infested meshes that are in the game now. Though I do still hope that they redo the broken ship tiles in the new ship theme.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

The infestation have never been smart enough to do something on the level of lunches and sisters which were created by people with above genius level intelligence and the most high end technology 

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

The infestation have never been smart enough to do something on the level of lunches and sisters

Have you never run a Phorid assassination slowly enough to hear its' diologue? If you rush, you only get the Lotus' blathering!

The infested may appear to be dumb when you look at each critter individually, but they're far from it on the whole, and are simply working with technologies and tactics that would be useless to us.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

The infestation have never been smart enough to do something on the level of lunches and sisters which were created by people with above genius level intelligence and the most high end technology 

That's not quite true, look at the Emissary Nightwave.

The Infestation, without any outside influence created a creature that looked like a child who had died to lure in victims, pretended to be a healer and cured people's diseases then used the double to form a cult who willingly gave themselves to the Infestation and when the time was right it sent its followers to spread its influence across the system by rerouting derelicts to populated areas. Arlo's devotees were intelligent and loyal to an infested puppet.

The Infestation has incredible intelligence and limitless potential, the writers just have to actually give them some decent lore. For some reason they avoid giving them anything interesting and worthwhile. Plus the Infestation itself is a technological marvel, it doesn't need anyone to to create liches. Its ancient, intelligent and insidious.

Edited by xcrimsonlegendx
  • Like 3

On 2021-07-11 at 9:05 PM, xcrimsonlegendx said:

That's not quite true, look at the Emissary Nightwave.

The Infestation, without any outside influence created a creature that looked like a child who had died to lure in victims, pretended to be a healer and cured people's diseases then used the double to form a cult who willingly gave themselves to the Infestation and when the time was right it sent its followers to spread its influence across the system by rerouting derelicts to populated areas. Arlo's devotees were intelligent and loyal to an infested puppet.

The Infestation has incredible intelligence and limitless potential, the writers just have to actually give them some decent lore. For some reason they avoid giving them anything interesting and worthwhile. Plus the Infestation itself is a technological marvel, it doesn't need anyone to to create liches. Its ancient, intelligent and insidious.

Yeah but that’s just good

planning, strategy and acting and making use of its own biological traits to create a new more subtle disease. Nothing on the technological and genius level needed to create an immortal foe. Especially since kuva and the void have already been taken, the only two things known to grant immortality 

Edited by (XBOX)CI shadow2397

Given that they're turning their attention to the New War, and judging from their original plans which they discussed prior to the pandemic, I would imagine the focus is going to be on the Sentients for a while.

My hopes for infested liches is they have something to do with the Entrati family. Maybe an once thought dead family member or rival family is heavily infested in a bad way now.

They use their knowledge of Old War mechs to make Infested Necramech abominations to hunt us down. It would be a cool way to get more infested and Entrati-esque weapons 

• Like 1