Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Corpus Drone Concept

so, we know about arbitration drones, and i think they're pretty cool, especially how every enemy they protect dies when you kill the drone, and so i thought about the corpus, and had an idea: Nullifier Drone. this thing would extend a nullifier's bubble (only by a small amount), similar to how when 2 nullifiers are nearby their bubbles overlap, but this thing would hover over the center of the extension, and if you shoot it, it could destroy every nullifier bubble in X range, i was thinking 100 meters.

this is just a concept of something random i thought of, and i don't think a ton of people will like it, but it would make it easier to shoot nullifier bubbles down, just kill the drone. also, it should be designed to be a relatively easy target, but have dodges like shield drones so it takes some time to line up the shot, but it destroys every bubble on every nearby nullifier (similar to hitting the little thing outside the nullifier bubble). i get that it's similar, and not all that original, and that not many will like it, but figured i'd make a post anyhow, and see what people think. lemme know in the replies : )

I think your idea would make nullifier bubbles really easy to pop with AoE weapons, but I hate nullifiers, so I would rather just see them completely removed.
The day nullifiers were introduced was a dark day for warframe, one it has crawled to recover from, and still hasn't completely.

vor 15 Minuten schrieb Kripnex:

I think your idea would make nullifier bubbles really easy to pop with AoE weapons, but I hate nullifiers, so I would rather just see them completely removed.
The day nullifiers were introduced was a dark day for warframe, one it has crawled to recover from, and still hasn't completely.

well... tools already exist. example would be a suitable pri / sec weapon against bubble or new moa with skill steal. although it is not as effective as I hoped.

and heavy enemies are needed. otherwise everything is blown with aoe. especially now with new top weapons: 1h SP surv and the thing kills everything with 1-2 shots and also has 11.62 radius.

(Based on my POV)

There is a drone, but it doesn't extend the nullifier bubble, it produces it. You see, 

Your typical nullifier crewman has on his back a container of some blue liquid, the drone gets on the top of this container, and after some time, it converts that blue liquid into a nullifier bubble, and displays it. Since the drone can't hold all of the blue liquid and convert it, it recharges by going into the container, harvesting and converting, and then displaying, and then repeats the cycle until the drone is destroyed (its on the top middle of the nullifier bubble) or the crewman holding the blue liquid is killed.

Nullifiers are no problem unless you are ability-reliant, or rely on certain weapons that have gained more and more player-ground these days, explosives. It would suck for you even more if you relied on both......

Right tools for the right job, is what I like, instead of just slapping one thing on and never changing it.

Having said that... I do think your idea is not all bad, OP, but I would still rather some variation. Perhaps random variation even. Maybe sometimes nullifiers with a bit bigger bubbles, sometimes nullifiers with normal bubbles and sometimes nullifiers whose bubbles could be popped by killing a drone like your idea was.

You might be aware, but there exists a nullifier buffer drone which gives bubble to fellow mobs, in Orb Vallis (Fortuna's outdoor world, Venus). I quite like that and hope we see that kinda thing in corpus missions in future. Maybe not so much in survivals, but in other ones, why not...

to be honest, Nullifiers aren't relaly a problem that much: between the drone that can be popped, the effectiveness of being able to rush them in melee, and the fact that now they can be mercy killed super easy, Nullifiers have plenty of debuffs to keep them in check.

sure, it's annoying when their dome scrapes the side of a Snowglobe or whatever, but that's why you prioritize your targets: if being surrounded by a gigantic luminous blue bubble that cancels your powers doesn't say "you should probably kill me first", I don't know what does. 

1 hour ago, Zi-of-Jinx said:

Nullifiers are no problem unless you are ability-reliant, or rely on certain weapons that have gained more and more player-ground these days, explosives. It would suck for you even more if you relied on both......

Right tools for the right job, is what I like, instead of just slapping one thing on and never changing it.

Having said that... I do think your idea is not all bad, OP, but I would still rather some variation. Perhaps random variation even. Maybe sometimes nullifiers with a bit bigger bubbles, sometimes nullifiers with normal bubbles and sometimes nullifiers whose bubbles could be popped by killing a drone like your idea was.

You might be aware, but there exists a nullifier buffer drone which gives bubble to fellow mobs, in Orb Vallis (Fortuna's outdoor world, Venus). I quite like that and hope we see that kinda thing in corpus missions in future. Maybe not so much in survivals, but in other ones, why not...

1 minute ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

to be honest, Nullifiers aren't relaly a problem that much: between the drone that can be popped, the effectiveness of being able to rush them in melee, and the fact that now they can be mercy killed super easy, Nullifiers have plenty of debuffs to keep them in check.

sure, it's annoying when their dome scrapes the side of a Snowglobe or whatever, but that's why you prioritize your targets: if being surrounded by a gigantic luminous blue bubble that cancels your powers doesn't say "you should probably kill me first", I don't know what does. 

i agree with both of these, i mostly just posted bc i figured it'd make interesting discussion, it's why the word "concept" is in the name and it's set as a general discussion topic. and the nullifiers aren't a problem, i agree, just mildly annoying, the reason i thought of this was to add a slightly easier target to hit, and to add some variation in the fact that it destroys all nearby nullifier bubbles, so if you have skill and good target prioritization, nullifiers basically become as relevant as a crewman in missions, i think for variation, maybe make the nullifiers have different types of bubbles, so blue is ability negation, white is damage reduction (comparable to extinguished dragon key, but not nearly as intense) with a smaller bubble, red buffs damage of all enemies nearby (would get interesting in void missions with heavy gunners), and maybe purple removes all buffs like arcanes, which with the new primary and secondary arcanes, it would make gameplay way more interesting.

Archived