General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Corpus Moas Becoming Unkillable/Invisible In Railjack Surival Missions

Sir.X

The Moas that shoot the red Lasers that cause fire Procs, and the Moas that shoot the double Lasers at you both bug out a lot during the Survival Missions. Regardless if its the Warframe or weapon, they can't be killed.

s8SRn1U.jpgQHAPbwE.jpgcj0MMlA.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

When you say "becoming" invisible, do you mean they start out normal and then develop problems later? Perhaps affected by some ability or visual effect? (The Moas looked totally normal to me when I tried just now)

Had the same issue with a normal Moa in Clems weekly mission as well. Solo mission, also on the Corpus ship tileset. Spawned invisible as far as I know, and the healthbar and name did not show either. Only indicator of its existance was the laser fire.

Primary and Secondary weapons couldn't harm it, nor could my Hound which still tried to target it. Cannot remember if I tried using an ability on it.

It did however die to an aerial slam from my melee, which caused a visible corpse to appear.

Edited by Reaar
  • Like 2

I can also confirm this is happening, though I've only encountered it twice in about 50 missions recently, also on Corpus Ship, during a Sisters of Parvos Exterminate. Like Reaar said above, it seemed to spawn in already affected.

I'm not sure if it's relevant, but both times it occurred I only noticed the issue when the invisible MOA's laser fire appeared to be coming from a doorway between tiles. So maybe passing from one tile to another is triggering the issue for some enemies? It's only speculation but if I encounter this again I'll try to test around it and grab video.

I've encountered this once, they seem to spawn invisible and cannot be damaged by primaries nor pistols. Meleeing them can hurt and kill them. I did not use any powers. I was solo. As said above they have no health bar nor name when moused over and all you can see are is their lasers. Status effects on them are not visible from what I was seeing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

When you say "becoming" invisible, do you mean they start out normal and then develop problems later? Perhaps affected by some ability or visual effect? (The Moas looked totally normal to me when I tried just now)

It's fairly common but seemingly random. I've (mostly?) had it happen with the MOAs that fire the orange beam.

The bug is that there's an invisible, un-iteractable MOA, just shooting at us.

• Like 1

If it helps anyone with this issue, some CC abilities can affect most of the affected moas, such as Vauban's vortex. All but once that I've tried it, it yanked these stealth moas out of their invisibility and returned them to the land of the killable.

To add my experience, on the corpus ship tileset, moas can at times appear invisible and are only detected by their attacks and projectiles. firing back seems to not affect them with hitscan type weapons, but melee and AOE can harm and kill them, making their model pop back into existence.

I've seen this, and also seen certain damage just not hit them at all for whatever reason even when they are visible.  Unload a full clip from near point blank, and nothing (but using a heavy melee attack, or any sort of aoe, and they can get hit/take damage as normal).

Had this happen on PS5 during an on-foot segment of corpus railjack, the part where you need to build pressure in the vents to trigger a self destruct.

I thought the invisible moas were a new enemy type!

My bad for thinking the devs worked hard creating a new unique stealth unit... when it's really just old spaghetti code!!! 🤡

Was leveling harrow in an RJ survival today and found there was an invisible target caught in my condemn chains atleast 3 times in the space of a 5 minute survival. 

Edit: just did the same but solo and this time only moa turrets were invisible and they were invunerable to all standard weaponry except melee. They appeared to spawn like this instead of becoming glitched during their life time. They were once again affected by condemn upon being freed from the effect they were fixed and all parts became visible again. (this did not happen in the previous game, fully invisible MOAs remained invisible however it may have fixed their invincibility)

Edited by (PSN)Etheral_Synergy

Got it during survival Corpus mission on Pluto.
Looks like they are not becoming like that (i've played on Octavia, and all enemies who comes to the room instantly dies), something with spawn.

• Like 1

I had this issue too, except it was on a capture so I was able to finish the mission but I was really weirded out by them. Started off 1, then more and more till I had like 5 or 6 of them chasing me around. I can see that survival would be a serious issue.

I've encountered this in all of the Empyrean Corpus survival missions that I've run.  My Tenet Tetra can't damage them in either primary or secondary, nor can Mallet.  Xoris can damage them if hit directly with a throw, but not from a mid-flight detonation.  When they are invisible they seem to start off that way.  Screenshot from first run below:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Second run: they're not always invisible.  In my second run (below), this visible Moa that's about to stomp beside my Mallet had no name (i.e. "Orm Shockwave Moa") and no shield or health bar above it.  Maybe that's part of the problem?  There are a couple of invisible Moas on the right, as well.

Third run (below): I verified and optimized my cache prior to this run.  The screenshot provides clearer evidence that these semi-invincible moas have no name and no shield or health info.  This run was full of these bugged moas, both visible and invisible.  Only moas seem to be affected by this bug, but it seems that all types of moas (regular, shockwave, ice beam, fire beam) can be affected.  All my runs have been on Lu-Yan (Veil Proxima survival).  For the majority of the runs I have been alone in Public mode, but I did have some runs with a full squad as well.  Most of this particular 20 minute run was spent only a couple of rooms away from the Obelisk entrance: if the game's enemy-spawning mechanic is such that enemies are spawned all over the map and then teleported nearby to the player(s), then it's possible that this glitch occurs during the teleporting process.  Support ID #2594559 has my EE.log from this mission.

Edited by N64Gamefreak
Info from additional runs
  • Like 1

A small speculation from what I'm reading and from experience: it seems specifically hitscan type weapons (if I'm understanding them correctly) are unable to hit these moas. I was running a surv earlier today, using my necramch and a Fluctus heavy gun (the Fluctus has falloff), and I was able to hit the moas with the Fluctus. I have been able to hit these moas with other guns as well, though I don't remember which.

Also, it feels like when you *can* hit them, they have a lot more armor than usual (Do moas even get armor?). I've seen the moas shoot at my octavia's mallet forever, but their damage numbers never exceed 50 or 60. Even some visible moas seem to take a lot more shots/hits to kill, even though they're just a run of the mill moa. I don't know if I'm just missing something here; maybe they *are* a different sort of moa, and I just didn't catch the name.