Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Moas Becoming Unkillable/Invisible In Railjack Surival Missions

Sir.X

This is still happening. You can actually see them marked as enemies on the radar but you cannot see their physical appearance, They still continue to shot at you regardless.

I found out that operators' amps can hit and kill them. Once you killed them, their body appears but dead already of course.

I'm encountering this bug as well. And it's an absolute pain to deal with, let me tell you. I've been doing nothing but Railjack Survivals for the last little while in order to farm Ambassador parts, and the invisible moas are absolutely everywhere.

I can confirm what others on this thread have already said:
-All types of moas can be affected
-Normal, non-bugged moas still spawn, but less than the bugged ones
-Bugged moas are invisible and unaffected (not immune, like a grey '0' damage number, unaffected as in no damage number at all) by non-projectile-based attacks 
-These moas appear to always be bugged, they don't start off normal and then enter the bugged state
-Bugged moas can attack freely, with their attacks being visible
-Bugged moas appear to withstand far more damage than they should
-When killed, the corpse of a bugged moa will become visible
-Railjack survival seems to be the place where this happens every time, though as user "spazz1233" has shown us, it can happen on non-railjack missions as well (as long as it's the new corpus tileset)

Been farming Ambassador a long time with these invisible fellas. They still seem to take damage but at a much more reduced rate. Still killable with a slight hinderance but I googled this to make sure I wasn't the only one and It was just my game. Glad to see I'm not. Will like to see this fixed. Dont really enjoy being cold. Ya know.

On 2021-07-23 at 7:56 AM, [DE]Momaw said:

When you say "becoming" invisible, do you mean they start out normal and then develop problems later? Perhaps affected by some ability or visual effect? (The Moas looked totally normal to me when I tried just now)

In my case, was doing a Cephalon Suda mission on Acheron, mobile defense with Nova Prima, kuva tonkor, carrier prime .. eventually noticed something kept shooting at me and wasn't dying in the crowds -- an invisible, invincible moa.  Shooting gallery did jam it gun for a while and molecular prime slowed it down, but null star did not attack it; melee, kuva nukor did no damage.  Also the little helpers from Suda has no effect, but it did kill succeed in killing them eventually as they kept attacking it.  It followed me around for the mission and eventually became visible, minus its head assembly: a juno dero moa, one of the little red ones.

Also had this happen in other missions with glaxion moas and others that never became visible.

I'd like to parrot this notion - it is still happening.

Like a few other people in this thread, I've been attempting to farm the parts for Ambassador from Void Storms. However, I'm sort of hard locked out of getting the last two pieces I need since I cannot make it to Rotation C with this bug. For me personally, it's the Aurax MOAs that just are completely immortal on my end. I have to leave these missions as I just get swarmed with these little guys and can't really do anything about it—even with my Bramma and Xoris, I can't do anything about it. They show up on my minimap like normal enemies, but are completely invisible. All I have to go on is their laser and minimap location and that's about it. They don't have a health bar and do not register damage whatsoever. And yet, they just stand there and constantly assault me with their lasers.

I've even whipped out Bonewidow and Voidrig to try and deal with them, but it doesn't help. Exaulted Ironbride or the Arquebex can't damage them, so I'm just forced to leave just after five minutes before I'm swarmed. 😭

oooooh... so this is what have been following me around...

i went to veil proxima survival for the first time, and i was constantly getting hit by this massive blue beams that come out of knowhere. like an empty stairs, a closed door, etc.. and this thing hit hard.

here is my djinn "pointing" at the invisible enemy

umn9D9f.jpg

and here is me getting a wake up call..

VSaf1QC.jpg

here is my djinn "pointing" at it again

jDuXEGS.jpg

and this time my djinn received the invisible enemy's reply

EWQx4fx.jpg

ps: they're detected on the minimap....

Had this happen to me last night while running a regular corpus survival mission. Noticed I kept getting hit by lasers seemingly from thin air then remembered reading about the bug. Used my Artemis bow and fired where the laser was originating from and managed to kill the moa. Was completely invisible and invincible to melee. Killing it made it visible again.

On 2021-08-06 at 5:30 AM, SaltyThot said:

I'd like to parrot this notion - it is still happening.

Like a few other people in this thread, I've been attempting to farm the parts for Ambassador from Void Storms. However, I'm sort of hard locked out of getting the last two pieces I need since I cannot make it to Rotation C with this bug. For me personally, it's the Aurax MOAs that just are completely immortal on my end. I have to leave these missions as I just get swarmed with these little guys and can't really do anything about it—even with my Bramma and Xoris, I can't do anything about it. They show up on my minimap like normal enemies, but are completely invisible. All I have to go on is their laser and minimap location and that's about it. They don't have a health bar and do not register damage whatsoever. And yet, they just stand there and constantly assault me with their lasers.

I've even whipped out Bonewidow and Voidrig to try and deal with them, but it doesn't help. Exaulted Ironbride or the Arquebex can't damage them, so I'm just forced to leave just after five minutes before I'm swarmed. 😭

This is a slightly different experience from one of my recent survival runs. I was just out grinding bonewidow exp, and found my ironbride could damage them just fine.

I wonder if it's a mod or something making them unhittable? 

Yeah can pretty much guarantee this in Lu-yan in Veil Proxima. It's realy annoying. I have to use my mech's archgun (Kuva Grattler) to kill them.

As a side note: straight up damage reduction for enemies is an awful mechanic when they can burn through you with impunity but you have to sit there doing 20-50 dmg a tick on them. Truly boring and very obvious of poor game design.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I found another couple strange things happen with this odd bug/series of bugs. Generally it's just the small moas that go invisible, but the other day I found an antimoa that was invisible, one of the larger ones.

Also found a regular moa that wasn't invisible, but wouldn't take damage from certain weapons as if it were invisible. I had to do a melee slam to kill it. 

Again, all on the corpus ship tileset.

Archived