Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I can't login please help

vixenpixel

Question

I've been playing warframe alot. Four months of playing or logging in every day. I played yesterday without any problems but today it suddenly said "Login Failed. Check your info." So I retried my password a bunch of times. Then I logged into my warframe.com account without any issue, using my normal password. Then I changed my password. That didn't help. Then I restarted my pc, nope. 

I don't know how to write a ticket, been looking all over for a way to do it. I read that it could have something to do with having IPV4 instead of IPV6. My ISP doesn't have IPV6 so I tried a vpn. That didn't help, though maybe it could if I knew more of the technical stuff. I considered if I had been banned or something, though I have no clue what I would have done to deserve being banned. Can somebody give me advice? This is my favourite game by far.

15 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, szabika200204 said:

the same thing happened to me once or twice. If your internet is kind of bad at the moment when you try to log in and you try too many times, it'll block your ip adress for 1-2 hours. If that's what happened, then it should be fine when the block time is up

I really hope that is the problem. 

58 minutes ago, szabika200204 said:

If you were banned, you'd get the date when your ban would expire

Then I don't understand why it works to make a new account and play but not to play my normal account. It just doesn't make any sense to me. 

6 minutes ago, vixenpixel said:

Then I don't understand why it works to make a new account and play but not to play my normal account. It just doesn't make any sense to me. 

try contacting warframe support. Submit a request at https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and they can tell if you're banned or not. Players usually get banned if they exploit a bug (like sevagoth's loot mutliplication when he came out) or when they trade large amount of platinum for junk mods (ammo drum).

1 hour ago, vixenpixel said:

I retyped it more than once. It's not possible. :(

This is just a total guess now, but maybe it works for you.

Go to

"C:\Users\[WindowsUserNameHere]\AppData\Local\Warframe\[LongStringOfNumberAndLettersHere]\"

There should be 2 "[LongStringOfNumberAndLettersHere]" folders since you have used 2 accounts on your PC.

These files contain a lot of Warframe settings, including your gear wheel and favorite colors.

>Move< both of these folders to a save spot and then start the game and see if it works.

If it does, something somehow broke your game, you don't want to keep the files in this case.

If it doesn't, make sure to move them back in there and hope someone else comes up with an actual solution.

1 hour ago, 16Bitman said:

This is just a total guess now, but maybe it works for you.

Go to

"C:\Users\[WindowsUserNameHere]\AppData\Local\Warframe\[LongStringOfNumberAndLettersHere]\"

There should be 2 "[LongStringOfNumberAndLettersHere]" folders since you have used 2 accounts on your PC.

These files contain a lot of Warframe settings, including your gear wheel and favorite colors.

>Move< both of these folders to a save spot and then start the game and see if it works.

If it does, something somehow broke your game, you don't want to keep the files in this case.

If it doesn't, make sure to move them back in there and hope someone else comes up with an actual solution.

Thank you for trying to come up with solutions. I tried it and it didn't work though. 

Whenever you see "Login Failed. Check your info." It's 1 of 2 things in my experience.

1/ a ban

2/ a problem with connecting to the server

There's no "info" you can check, at least not on console, perhaps there is on PC, I couldn't say.

If you do get the infamous 'login failed' message check for server outage and if there isn't one, contact DE and play something else for a few days. 

Seeing as that there where no issues with the servers that the rest of us noticed chances are that you have (or had) a temporary ban. This can be anywhere from a few days, a few weeks or even years. I think the max these days is until 2035. And as far as I know, the 2035 one is the only one that actually will show up as a notification of a ban when trying to log in. It seems that in general the length of ban depends on the times you have been banned previously or what the offense is that you did or they think you did.

It doesn't matter how long you played, how much you spend on the game, how many people you helped, not even how often you got messages from DE to thank you from prevent people trying to scam people in trading coupons, or even if you have a tennocon ticket. There doesn't seem to be an appeal.

If you have others in your house that also play warframe, it could be that they got a temporary ban. This then can lead in everyone else with the same IP being locked out of warframe for up to 72 hours. I know this because my wife had a ban a few weeks ago and the result was that I couldn't log in either and also getting that same 'login failed check your info' message, even although I use a different PS4 then her. And no, she didn't get any warning nor notification and only found out about it being a ban after contacting DE and then only after 48 hours. Where as I got a reply from support within 24 hours saying that I didn't get banned but that DE takes login issues very seriously and that it can take a few days to rectify it, which left me with more questions then answers because one hour prior I had been playing the game and an hour later I couldn't log in.

Seeing that there's no notification nor warning prior to getting a ban it means that the person in question can't log in and gets the 'login failed check your info' message. Subsequent trials to get logged in seems to result , as I understand it, in a warning at DE's side that someone is trying to force a login which results in a block to the IP (and there for everyone else, no matter which account, playing the game even if it's on a different computer or console) which then can take up to 72 hours to unblock even for those that haven't done a thing wrong. Been there, experienced it first hand.

(Makes me wonder why they don't block the account in question to log in or even the MAC address instead of going for the IP. Someone actually trying to force his way in for nefarious reasons would surely use VPN's and other ways to spoof IP's.)

For a ban to take place all that needs to happen is that you use a 'bad' word and someone(s) complains about it. Even if you were taunted, tricked or otherwise made into saying something that is, or can be taken, demeaning, insulting or is in general viewed as profanity. And yes, there are plenty of people around that love to grief and trick people and thus banned.

Just as we've all seen plenty of people getting tricked in chat to type one word or the other and getting instantly kicked from chat for using that word, but the ones that get their jollies from that never seem to have to face any consequences.

In other words, it's not enough not to use the F word (nor abbreviations which contain the F word) or anything of the sort but even questioning someone's intelligence in a not overt underhanded way can get you banned even when the person you address is utterly and willfully ignorant. Even although the transgression was in chat, they don't ban you from chat but from the game.

A logic that I frankly can't understand. Write one of the 'keywords' in open chat and you get an instead kick. Write a bad word in whatever chat, someone presses a button to record a complain, after x amount of complaints (yes x is unknown) results in temporary ban from game. Actual grieve or AFK in a mission and the grieved players have no easy way to register a complaint with as result that the AFK'ers and grievers can keep doing what they do for a long time. So the types of actions that actual influences the pleasure one has in playing the game are the ones that are most difficult to report and there for the least punished.

At least a warning that one more transgression in chat will result in a ban would work as a far better deterrent then the actual ban. Because a ban just means that people will loose interest in the game and multiplayer games need......players. Alienating players can't be good for the bottom line. If your business model depends on constantly finding new customers instead of retaining your existing customers your business is bound to fail at some point.

Correction :

If there is a ban then there is a notification. It's in your in-game mail box, which you can't access because you can't log in and there for not see until after the ban expired. And because you don't know and tried to get logged back in you trip the additional lock-out. Which in general isn't an issue because you can't log in anyways and not all households have more then 1 gamer playing their game.

My suggestion :

Either ignore all chat's or disable them. If you have to use them, keep it short. No matter how crazy the replies are that you get, ignore them and block them. Lots of people on chat and especially trade chat suffer from Dunning-Kruger and don't like being shown facts to underscore just how wrong they are and there for will test your patience until you just tell them just what kind of <expletive deleted> they are.

Tl;dr: in all communications in game always write as if some sanctimonious <expletive deleted> is watching who has zero tolerance and who doesn't love more then to slap a ban on you.

Sorry for not updating this before but I waited 24 hours with no login attempts and after 24 hours had passed I could login like normal. I don't know how the system works but it was really frustating. I must have just typed the password wrong the first time and then somehow again? And then every subsequent attempt to login must have raised the time of the "ban". 

Archived