Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack ai crew wont pilot my ship anymore.

(PSN)AnaLoGMunKy

Question

Hi all

I cant get my railjack ai crew to pilot my ship anymore, they just give me a voice line saying they cannot do that right now. 

Not sure if this is a bug or Im missing something but this has happened within the last week and I cant figure it out. Was all working fine before. Help?!

3 answers to this question

Are you solo or with other peeps??  Maybe your pilot was ejected to make room. 

What is your crew compliment?  1 pilot, 1 gunner, 1 ???    

Does your Pilot perform TWO roles?? if so what are they.

------------------------------------------------

This sounds like your pilot does two jobs and he starts out doing another job???  During missions you jump off the ship and try to make your pilot take over via the tactical menu??

I have had AI crew get stuck down in engineering in the floor (because of the incredibly stupid layout/geometry of the ship).  So is that possible??  

The next time your Pilot refuses to go pilot your ship open the tactical menu and click on the little eyeball by that guy down along the bottom of the screen so you can view what he is doing (I think that takes a certain tactical rank to do).  This should give you a realy good idea what the problem is...   

----------------------------------

I cant think of any other issue that could be stopping your pilot from piloting...        If your giving tactical orders to change jobs from OFF the ship I would try giving the order to change roles ON the ship and see if he listens. (or do you change his role before you jump off ship?)

===========================

Another detail you have left out is when exactly is this happening.   Your first RJ mission launch from orbitor/dojo?  Or does it start happenning after you do RJ missions back to back???  Are you doing the same node back to back(probably yes which might play a part in things breaking)

If you got youtube or twitter(2 min limit) make a video and post it.  

(sorry havent started messing around with pilots yet)

Hi thanks for answering.

After reading thru your post and troubleshooting I have found the issue. They have changed the ability for the ai to queue the command to take over and pilot the ship. A couple weeks ago, I would be sitting in the seat, ask the ai to take over, then the ai would wait for me to exit the controls and they would take over. Easy peesy. 

Previously I didnt have the ability menu on my setup so after cramming that in, I can now order the ai to pilot the ship as long as I am not sitting in the seat

So thank you for helping, that nudge about what happens if Im off the ship etc was just what the Tenno ordered :D

1st we had Slap fights with other players over who got to pilot,  Now we have to slap fight with our AI crew ? hehehe.  

Crew: "This mofo keeps telling me to pilot the ship but he never gets off the seat!!  Will you guys help me drag him to slingshot and launch him into a rock or the side of a ship"

Archived