Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoLive 2021: The New War

[DE]Helen

16 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Uh, the same when Deimos came out, I strongly bealive it was out on the DAY on Tennocon (someone can porb do quick searching for us) but it HAS to be either on the DAY itself or within the Week from 17th. (So has to be out by 23rd).

I think that will be more fair

Tennocon 2020 was on august 1, Deimos was august 25 and was the date they gave during Tennocon.

Similar timelie shouldnt be too hard then. (hopefully -_- )

32 minutes ago, Keiyadan said:

well things like this make me realy hope the hole hand out thing brakes again as so often.

Ah, that time when I logged, entered relay (probably) and closed the game (or played some missions) AND I still got that stuffs.

I wish that as well.

3 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Remember, while its good to get excited, keep Hype low, cuz you'll only get dispointed.

Hype isn't gonna do anyone any good, all it does is build false hope and numbers, please keep this in mind.

You left out the fact that thinking like that is not a fun way to live, when you only have one life and you don’t get to experience the highs and lows, what do you think people will choose to do? It’s useless to try and temper people’s expectations.

My only wish is that now that Loki is double free and *everyone* can get him, they'll finally do a balance pass on him.  Decoy is, if someone wants to be very generous, an *extremely* situational power that mostly only works at all if you can stick it somewhere enemies can see it but not actually shoot it.  Because damage evaporates it instantly last time I checked.  Swtich Teleport is almost useless except for trolling.  Radial Disarm is "sort of okay," and he's at least got plenty of room for the radiation proc augment that makes the enemies start trying to beat each other with marshmallow sticks while their weapons are gone.  (Plus free proc to feed Condition Overload.)  Invisibility is good though.

I'm not a min/maxer, and his Decoy augments just confuse me.  Especially the one that causes the Decoy to take half of the damage done to Loki (that's good!) in exchange for Loki taking half the damage done to the Decoy.  (That's bad.)  The Decoy power that has a massive AoE taunt designed to cause every NPC in range to turn and shoot at it.  (That's also bad.)  Meanwhile, several other frames do what Loki does, only better or with less effort.

6 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

The New War

So after this quest, the Cetus tower will be ruined?.. and the art team has to redo the Cetus introduction cinematics where players visit Cetus for the 1st time?

10 minutes ago, kyori said:

So after this quest, the Cetus tower will be ruined?.. and the art team has to redo the Cetus introduction cinematics where players visit Cetus for the 1st time?

Depend on how they do it, could make it so that until you start that quest cetus is as we know it now, and upon completition it shows as w/e will happen in new war.

1 hour ago, smashedwookie said:

Depend on how they do it, could make it so that until you start that quest cetus is as we know it now, and upon completition it shows as w/e will happen in new war.

I'm almost sure the game already has this sort of "phasing lite" tech.  Such as for the Plains themselves - visit before Second Dream, no Lua.  Visit after, the ruined moon dominates the sky at night.  (Although I note that both sun and moon *rise* in the west and *set* in the east, which kind of bothers me.  For some reason.)

*Edit*  Anyway, they can probably do something similar with the Cetus tower, if they're actually planning to have a Sentient try to crush it in-game.  Or... it could be like that epic cinimatic they did with Erra.  You know, the one that made it look like the Sentients were going to invade the open world maps, and Erra himself would become some kind of new boss encounter... or something?  Instead of what we got, where he *seems* to have been possibly given "Death by cutscene" or something.  OnO

2 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

inb4 The New War quest requires Railjack and players who ignored Railjack for almost 2 years are now whining they have to do it.

Didn't that already happen?  Like, for three different systems now?  "What do you mean Liches require Railjack now?"  "What?  Why do we have to grind Entrati rep to unlock Helminth upgrades?"  "Woah woah woah!  Why is it fair for the Orb Mother fights to be locked behind *two* Reputation grinds?"

6 hours ago, EmberStar said:

My only wish is that now that Loki is double free and *everyone* can get him, they'll finally do a balance pass on him.  Decoy is, if someone wants to be very generous, an *extremely* situational power that mostly only works at all if you can stick it somewhere enemies can see it but not actually shoot it.  Because damage evaporates it instantly last time I checked.  Swtich Teleport is almost useless except for trolling.  Radial Disarm is "sort of okay," and he's at least got plenty of room for the radiation proc augment that makes the enemies start trying to beat each other with marshmallow sticks while their weapons are gone.  (Plus free proc to feed Condition Overload.)  Invisibility is good though.

I'm not a min/maxer, and his Decoy augments just confuse me.  Especially the one that causes the Decoy to take half of the damage done to Loki (that's good!) in exchange for Loki taking half the damage done to the Decoy.  (That's bad.)  The Decoy power that has a massive AoE taunt designed to cause every NPC in range to turn and shoot at it.  (That's also bad.)  Meanwhile, several other frames do what Loki does, only better or with less effort.

Last time i checked, demolists were not immune to switching places with Loki. :)

1 hour ago, EmberStar said:

Didn't that already happen?  Like, for three different systems now?  "What do you mean Liches require Railjack now?"  "What?  Why do we have to grind Entrati rep to unlock Helminth upgrades?"  "Woah woah woah!  Why is it fair for the Orb Mother fights to be locked behind *two* Reputation grinds?"

Heh, you're, like, comparing rep grind with railjack. One has nothing to do with the other. 

"Stay until the end of the show to get the ceremonial Tannukai Longsword Skin and Tannukai Armor Set!"

We have to hang about until whatever exact time it finishes for it to count and hope we don't get a freeze/disconnect at that moment?

2 hours ago, EmberStar said:

Those things are optional, but the New War requiring Railjack is a BIG DEAL. It's the main storyline. Imagine if you are a Warframe player who only plays when the story continues (which they play once in a blue moon) found out he ignored a part of the game years and the story progression is blocked behind a previous major contebt.

3 hours ago, mrgudveseli said:

Last time i checked, demolists were not immune to switching places with Loki. :)

Oh, one case where the power is *barely* useful.  Or you could just bring Ash, and Fatal Teleport stunlock them to death.  And actually, both powers will fail when they're emitting a Nullifier Pulse, which they do every few seconds.

One situation where the power is barely useful doesn't really justify not fixing it so that it could actually be good *anywhere else.*  Right now, the main function of Switch Teleport is "mess with people and piss them off."

3 hours ago, mrgudveseli said:

Heh, you're, like, comparing rep grind with railjack. One has nothing to do with the other. 

You're right.  The rep grind is much more tedious, because it's flat capped based on your MR.  For anyone who isn't really high MR (such as the theoretical "casual coming back from a break,") it's a couple weeks of hitting the daily rep cap to max it out.  That's not counting any of the weird "sacrifice" items you might need, like Medical Bonds or whatever.

Meanwhile, you can progress Railjack by getting a ride on someone else's ship to the Veil Proxima, getting T3 versions of all the items, and slapping those on your ship the moment you can build it.  Crewing for someone else will *also* get all the rare materials you need to unlock the railjack, so the only part that's really hard for the "super casual" player is doing the solo missions to get the pieces of the ship.  Those have to be done solo, and are probably a kind of gear check for people (whether that's intended or not.)

14 hours ago, smashedwookie said:

I didn't even notice the moon was missing until after I pulled it out of the void, like a rabbit from a hat.

So I think you are correct.

5 hours ago, EmberStar said:

You're right.  The rep grind is much more tedious, because it's flat capped based on your MR.

If I recall correctly changes were made to this system to increase the amount of rep you can get per day. 

Though the grind for each tier isn't capped globally like syndicates are, Tier 1 of every group is around 5k standing, which you can get in a single bounty in most cases.

Took me about a week and a few days to grind out the standing for Tier 4 - 5 though, before the cap update where I had a fair few thousand less.

However, railjack has no standing cap, you just need to do the series of missions that allow you to build one (or optionally skip the process and the material grind altogether with a bought pack)

The quest isn't even difficult, just introduces more Sentients which, if you've fought them before (which you probably will have done in previous quests), is comparatively lower entry compared to completely optional content.

They do need to add the ability to link your Plexus Config or the Components tab, changing up how the railjack works and then just not allowing people to talk about it or teach others what mods they might want in-game is a little frustrating. Especially for going into high level proxima missions (encouraged for holokey drops, relics, materials, intrinsics) where your salvaged components are super important to the base stats of your railjack.

It's had a fair few polish passes, mostly bug fixes (with visual bugs still occuring every so often), however I hope they address some of these issues before forcing Tenno down that path before the new quest, or at least drop some Quality of Life changes during/near tennocon, as well as the multiple problems Sisters of Parvos has at the moment (Galv Mods not working on projectiles, Kuva Lich murmurs not having been changed to the faster values, etc)

I'm hyped for the new update though, can't wait to jump in and give em hell.

Archived