Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoLive 2021: The New War

[DE]Helen

For people asking about the "Tannukai Armor and Sword Skin drops" that would have been given for staying in relay during Tennolive 2021, please find more information here.

Also DE are planning to rerun the relay showrooms for the New War showcase during Tennolive 2021, more information here.

Overall, watching another "movie" abut new content means DE hasn't really learned a thing from a few years ago.

The "trailer" was interesting...but watching it stutter and pause on Twitch was underwhelming. Watching it on Youtube would have been fine.

What will the game play look like...will it be what the "movie" showed like "railjack" or will it actually be what was shown.

As always, only time will tell if DE will produce what they claim they will bring to the game.

The  animation in the "movie" was great...DE might want to contract out those folks for more revenue...

I had a question for the upcoming Crossplay featured in the stream, will there be an option to combine accounts? I have a WARFRAME account on xbox, and one on steam, that both use the same email. if I enabled cross save, would that delete one of the two or would it combine the two accounts? both of them have separate inventories currently, while my xbox account has a lot more time and effort put into it, I have some twitch drops I received that went to my pc account, that I'd hate to loose.

My series of cents

-Cross play/Cross save

That's something I have never been interested in, but I'm happy for all you guy that asked it

My main concerns about it is the fact that the game still doesn't have dedicated servers (which is a big problem) and the abysmal difference of loading times

Since PS5 release, I already experienced problems with the occasional run in which me, a PS4 player spawns in a completed mission or can't join the mission because it's already completed

I seriously can't imagine a Switch player trying to load to get into the mission hosted by the PC dude with a state of the art machine

So I hope there will be an option to opt-out the cross play; as I said it's not about device war but about game enjoyment

-The panels

They were absolutely bland and lackluster compared to the past years...almost "move on, nothing to see here"

I can see how DE rightly wanted to keep things secretive about the New War experience, still it was literally hours with very scarce informations

-The New War

First of all I want to address my 6-years going gripe with the lack of a cohesive (mandatory?) story mode that addressed all the events that has been released previous to "The Second Dream" as seasonal events, which have profoundly shaped the history of the game; so I'm not fond of progressing in the future without addressing the past

I strongly believe that a full fletched story mode (that you don't have to search on internet) would greatly increase new players retention rate

In regards of the new cinematic quest, it will be probably very cool, BUT I already can't wait to have played the other characters part and be done with the slower gameplay

While I'm someone which would welcome the game pace to be slowed down 10-15%, I hope that playing other characters will be a one off, just to make it special...btw I clearly expect to play the Stalker, which gameplay might have been held back for bigger surprise during the quest walkthrough

I expect the quest to be at least 3-4 hours or more, which is a lot, even for AAA standards

I was happy to see in the Corpus part glimpses of what was promised as Pets rework, with the ability to order them actions of sorts, so hopefully the feature will be implemented in game sooner or later

I understand playing as Teshin was the wet dream of many players, and had to be kept as the climax of the reveal, but still the lack of any Warframe gameplay left me quite sour

Sour that increased a bit a the vague "2021" release, without a proper date

In the end, every other Tennocon I was on my seat for hours happy that I was watching it live, and very happy to have witnessed "the story in the making", but at the end of yesterday Tennocon, I was like "I could have slept and watched it this morning"

On 2021-07-12 at 7:21 PM, LillyRaccune said:

I'll enter the bet too. Does the event/content have to release the day of TennoCon? Or within 1 week? I think Deimos was 1 week.

On 2021-07-12 at 8:15 PM, smashedwookie said:

Tennocon 2020 was on august 1, Deimos was august 25 and was the date they gave during Tennocon.

Similar timelie shouldnt be too hard then. (hopefully -_- )

So, looks like I was right.

No Release Date in sight, not dropped today and they pulling the same stunt as last year, get everyone hyped up to draw in numbers for their game and show a "Demo" (a fake demo on rails) of what it's is gonna be about, while having no other information.

Playing as Corpus/Grinner looks cool, but this feels more fitting for a PvP thing then in a single Quest only, but hey it looks cool, so that's alteast something and the Lore/Story is great.

7 hours ago, (PSN)OmegaSlayer said:

But in the end Tennocon boils down to "I could have slept and watched it this morning"

I have to agree here, playing as other characters?, can't wait for the Bugs and slow gameplay, lack cluster movement and a single time only (unless you replay the quest). Cross Play is a big 🤮  for me, Destiny 2 is trying this as well and all I can say RIP PvP, WF will likely have their servers fired for a few days.

The whole 6-years going with the lack of a cohesive anything and them trying to pull a seasonal event for the New War is terrible, leave that to the people who kown how to make it right. 

Pets rework ?, what pet rework lol, you mean the one we already have right?, The panels are always and will be absolutely bland and lackluster, but this was a digital event, can't bring in real people this time. (Hopefully stays that way).

And lastly, anyone expecting the quest to be at least 3-4 hours or more is digging themselves to disappointment and no, by AAA standards this is worse, play a few other games like Destiny 2, XCOM 2, hell even Outriders, they all have a "Quest" that lasts for much longer. 

7 hours ago, (PSN)OmegaSlayer said:

wet dream of many players,

Yeah, you can tell this was with all the "omg!11 so coool, thank u!" in  the comments, it's disappointing honestly, cuz it's just "Hype" and useing that as a bait, really makes you think.

14 hours ago, GreyDeath789 said:

Overall, watching another "movie" abut new content means DE hasn't really learned a thing from a few years ago.

The "trailer" was interesting...but watching it stutter and pause on Twitch was underwhelming. Watching it on Youtube would have been fine.

What will the game play look like...will it be what the "movie" showed like "railjack" or will it actually be what was shown.

As always, only time will tell if DE will produce what they claim they will bring to the game.

The  animation in the "movie" was great...DE might want to contract out those folks for more revenue...

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

30 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

So, looks like I was right.

No Release Date in sight, not dropped today and they pulling the same stunt as last year, get everyone hyped up to draw in numbers for their game and show a "Demo" (a fake demo on rails) of what it's is gonna be about, while having no other information.

You're right that they didn't provide a solid release date. I think we already established that 3-4 weeks was the range. I never expected DE to release what they showed the day of tennocon. In the name of sportsmanship, I'll concede your victory because of the lack of a set date. What glyph do you want me to switch to?

However if, in 4 weeks or less, DE releases either The New War or cross-play, that will count as a win for us and you'll need to change your glyph. I do not think it would be reasonable to expect DE to release them simultaneously.

So, what glyph do you want me to wear? Anything from Voltage's List or purchaseable from the market for 20p or less.

Voltage's List:

1 hour ago, LillyRaccune said:

You're right that they didn't provide a solid release date. I think we already established that 3-4 weeks was the range. I never expected DE to release what they showed the day of tennocon. In the name of sportsmanship, I'll concede your victory because of the lack of a set date. 

Indeed, it's a shame that we do not have a solid release date, but it was expected as they can never keep to dates, however I'd have left it for a week but given that DE are going on "holiday" next week, it will be unfair to count that week. So for now we can do as you said here.

So, what glyph do you want me to wear? Anything from Voltage's List or purchaseable from the market for 20p or less.

I won't add any purchasable glyphs unless as Already Own it we may not have the plat at the time, so it has to be default/free or one we already own (its only fair and I don't want plat wasted, so don't buy a glyph, if you don't own it). So for now you can change your Glyph to the following, if you own it: Mag Noggle/Mag in Action, if not DNexus.

However if, in 4 weeks or less, DE releases either The New War, that will count as a win for us and you'll need to change your glyph. I do not think it would be reasonable to expect DE to release them simultaneously.

Indeed, not sure how Cross Play is factor as that is only allowing Consoles to connect to the same game, I'm more set on the New War itself (Cross Play is more for DE to worry about, then players, as it will require a huge ton of work, even if its released, it still needs tweaking).

But yes, I'll stick to the New War Relase as said, so I am aware now, please provide what Gylph you'll like me to use (so I can note it down) 

10 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

But yes, I'll stick to the New War Relase as said, so I am aware now, please provide what Gylph you'll like me to use (so I can note it down) 

Nice :smile: I've equiped Mag in Action. It could take some time for the change to be reflected on the forums.

Spoiler

A6CKzYx.jpg

If you did change your glyph, stick to the theme of Mag. Only the free glyphs or if you own them.

Such as: RoyalPratnXPYRMD.png -- DNexus8Djk9NB.png-- or any of the other Mag-themed glyphs you have.

If everyone can pardon me for asking this, I think something went wrong with the drops from the stream for me. My Twitch account was linked but I didn't seem to get anything. Can someone perhaps point me to where I can see about having my issue resolved?

23 minutes ago, BliTzKriTz said:

If everyone can pardon me for asking this, I think something went wrong with the drops from the stream for me. My Twitch account was linked but I didn't seem to get anything. Can someone perhaps point me to where I can see about having my issue resolved?

Were you able to "claim" the reward? You can check by clicking:

Profile picture> Drops> Drops Inventory>

and there should be information like "ready to claim" or "connect your accounts". Hope that helps!

23 hours ago, GreyDeath789 said:

Yeah.  I don't want to be excessively cynical, but it looked very Gears of War 2 or Mass Effect 3.  Big, showy set pieces that you as the player cannot ultimately interact with or affect in any meaningful way.  And dated.  Though, to be fair, I haven't played many modern shooters.  Maybe that's all they still are, only with some added progress bars and game-as-a-service FOMO/events.

Sadly I'm not exited because its just like last time they mentioned anything about the new war at the end it sead  (coming 2019) and it never arrived and now its (coming 2021) no release date nothing its been 3 years and we've been whating patiently we at least deserve a release date for whating 3 years for somthing that was supposed to be released 2019 

17 hours ago, (PSN)OmegaSlayer said:

Since PS5 release, I already experienced problems with the occasional run in which me, a PS4 player spawns in a completed mission or can't join the mission because it's already completed

This is more of a matchmaking issue than a console speed issue. I regularly load up a void fissure mission only to find that it's pretty much done, and I'm on the wrong side of an elevator and need only run to the end—super boring, even if it makes for quick farming. Ain't two versions of the Switch to differ, and even if I was playing on PC it'd be the same because my network speed is what it is (slow, but cheap).

Mission progress estimates may need to be refined, but no more than they do already 🤷‍♀️

18 hours ago, (PSN)OmegaSlayer said:

My series of cents

-Cross play/Cross save

That's something I have never been interested in, but I'm happy for all you guy that asked it

My main concerns about it is the fact that the game still doesn't have dedicated servers (which is a big problem) and the abysmal difference of loading times

I seriously can't imagine a Switch player trying to load to get into the mission hosted by the PC dude with a state of the art machine

So I hope there will be an option to opt-out the cross play; as I said it's not about device war but about game enjoyment

-The panels

They were absolutely bland and lackluster compared to the past years...almost "move on, nothing to see here"

I can see how DE rightly wanted to keep things secretive about the New War experience, still it was literally hours with very scarce informations

-The New War

First of all I want to address my 6-years going gripe with the lack of a cohesive (mandatory?) story mode that addressed all the events that has been released previous to "The Second Dream" as seasonal events, which have profoundly shaped the history of the game; so I'm not fond of progressing in the future without addressing the past

I strongly believe that a full fletched story mode (that you don't have to search on internet) would greatly increase new players retention rate

In regards of the new cinematic quest, it will be probably very cool, BUT I already can't wait to have played the other characters part and be done with the slower gameplay

While I'm someone which would welcome the game pace to be slowed down 10-15%, I hope that playing other characters will be a one off, just to make it special...btw I clearly expect to play the Stalker, which gameplay might have been held back for bigger surprise during the quest walkthrough

I expect the quest to be at least 3-4 hours or more, which is a lot, even for AAA standards

I was happy to see in the Corpus part glimpses of what was promised as Pets rework, with the ability to order them actions of sorts, so hopefully the feature will be implemented in game sooner or later

I understand playing as Teshin was the wet dream of many players, and had to be kept as the climax of the reveal, but still the lack of any Warframe gameplay left me quite sour

In the end, every other Tennocon I was on my seat for hours happy that I was watching it live, and very happy to have witnessed "the story in the making", but at the end of yesterday Tennocon, I was like "I could have slept and watched it this morning"

Well said .. thanks saved me typing it.. I must admit this was the worst Tennocon released to date.. very boring especially at 4:30am kickoff.. and then not getting the damn gunblade.. It really seems, to me anyway, that DE have just gone stale with vision and ideas .. 

2 hours ago, -AncientWarrior- said:

Well said .. thanks saved me typing it.. I must admit this was the worst Tennocon released to date.. very boring especially at 4:30am kickoff.. and then not getting the damn gunblade.. It really seems, to me anyway, that DE have just gone stale with vision and ideas .. 

Why do you think it was the WORST tennocon released? I find it better than last year's tennocon.

Gone stale with vision and ideas? I don't see where that is the case, playing as different characters other than just frames is honestly new, it gives you the VISION that no faction is safe, rather than you just seeing crashed ships and corpses, also the new war was supposed to come out in 2019, would you rather have that idea cancelled or DElayed to 2 or 3 years and replaced with some other grind-ful open world?

Rewards were glitchy, yes, and their servers were met with a *condition overload* and they desperately tried to address this issue.

I don't really know your timezone, but if it's that late for you to watch it they do a recap right after tennocon, I don't see the point of seeing it live in such a late time besides talking and spamming discord chats with your friends about it lol, getting your question answered, and the rewards.

I'm not trying to attack you or anything, I'm trying to find what in the world made you come up with the idea that "DE have just gotten stale with vision and ideas" and "This was the worst Tennocon released to date"

Were you able to "claim" the reward? You can check by clicking:

Profile picture> Drops> Drops Inventory>

and there should be information like "ready to claim" or "connect your accounts". Hope that helps!

I just checked, and it's not there. I checked to see if my account was linked, just to be sure, and it initially said "could not be found". I unlinked and redid it but still no luck.

7 hours ago, (NSW)notyetawizard said:

This is more of a matchmaking issue than a console speed issue. I regularly load up a void fissure mission only to find that it's pretty much done, and I'm on the wrong side of an elevator and need only run to the end—super boring, even if it makes for quick farming. Ain't two versions of the Switch to differ, and even if I was playing on PC it'd be the same because my network speed is what it is (slow, but cheap).

Mission progress estimates may need to be refined, but no more than they do already 🤷‍♀️

Nope

I have a 2.5 Gigabit/s connection

On the same connection a 8 years old PC downloads a torrent at 3.1 MB/s, a 3 years old PC with new technology and an SSD downloads at 17 MB/s

The device matters A LOT

13 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

Nice :smile: I've equiped Mag in Action. It could take some time for the change to be reflected on the forums.

If you re-log, it will show up!, I had a diffident glyph to this and re-logging makes it show, but good to see!.

13 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

f you did change your glyph, stick to the theme of Mag. Only the free glyphs or if you own them.

nXPYRMD.png

I've grabbed this Glyph ready for the weeks to come, I'll change it on the 9th (or is it 16th?) in 4 weeks or less.

Speaking of Glyph's I'm pretty sure that, the one you had (some sort of female furry?, atleast I hope it is lol), isn't free and you have to pay for it?

8 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Yeah.  I don't want to be excessively cynical, but it looked very Gears of War 2 or Mass Effect 3.  Big, showy set pieces that you as the player cannot ultimately interact with or affect in any meaningful way.  And dated.  Though, to be fair, I haven't played many modern shooters.  Maybe that's all they still are, only with some added progress bars and game-as-a-service FOMO/events.

Got to agree with this ^

What are they gonna do after this "Game Changer" (Yes, someone was really that naive to say that, but I guess you gotta pay someone to tell lies, so they can get more players and more hype, right?). Will we still be able to play as Grinner/Corpus?, in a new gamemode?, PvP, or some kind of rework of Invasions? 

Or can we ditch out Warframes as a hole and stick with  Grinner/Corpus?

I doute it.

8 hours ago, -AncientWarrior- said:

The Blacklist Point GIF by NBC

This all the way, stale, bland, another "Demo" like we had last year (The Fake Railjack one) and no release date in sight, This feels like last year "New War" hype, and the last, the last one before that.

Really bad.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)Bloxanity2816 said:

Gone stale with vision and ideas?, would you rather have that idea cancelled or DElayed to 2 or 3 years

Well, considering that this "Delay" was for almost 4 years, Yes I think another "Delay" is just expected at this point,  DE can't keep to a date, just look at the New War end date "Coming 2019 lol" "Coming 2020 lol" "Coming 20201 lol".

I rather they "Show and Ship" or "Show what we ship" but so much for that right?, nothing about Tennocon was "Great", it's all just Hype Factor, to get players all riled up, so they can keep coming back to the game, then when the update does come out, it turns out like Railjack did. (Rinse and Repeat).

At some point, this will finally be a nail in the coffin and I don;t think anyone wants that.  

8 hours ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

we've been waiting patiently we at least deserve a release date for waiting 3 years for something that was supposed to be released 2019 

Heres the news flash for you. They Don't Care.

As long as you bring in the money and keep playing, they'll keep this train running as long as they can get away with it.

Archived