Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Help! Ultimate Pay Won't Let Me Buy Founders Pack!

LegendXCarisso

So my wife happened to buy me a NetSpend prepaid card so I could buy a founders pack. Well, for some reason, my card keeps getting declined. Information is right, and the card is activated and everything but it still simply refuses to allow me to use it. It has $49.99 exactly on the card, so I could purchase a Hunter Founders Pack.

Anyone have any solutions? It's down to the wire for me; I've sent in a support ticket already which I'm waiting on a response too, and if I don't manage to get this founders pack before they remove them... I will be devistated. Can anyone help me at all or give me solutions?

Well that's the thing. Wife didn't get paid until the 1st, so.... I couldn't really help waiting until the last minute. As for the transaction, I'm trying to use a NetSpend Visa card that my wife picked up from the Dollar General. I don't exactly know what else to do. Contact support for UltimatePay? Or shouldn't my card simply work?

huh... isn't founders done for already?

Nope. They drop after the 1st of today.

You could log into the game via steam and just use the card through there. It'll require redownloading the game through steam, but they don't have the stupid anti-fraud nonsense.

I didn't know you could buy founders through Steam. How do I do this?

Edited by LegendXCarisso

Nope. They drop after the 1st of today.

I didn't know you could buy founders through Steam. How do I do this?

Nevermind. There doesn't seem to be an option for steam wallet on founders, only for buying platinum.

Paypal though doesn't require an account. You can just enter your card info in the paypal window and let it handle the transaction.

Nevermind. There doesn't seem to be an option for steam wallet on founders, only for buying platinum.

Paypal though doesn't require an account. You can just enter your card info in the paypal window and let it handle the transaction.

I just attempted it. It returned some sort of an error.

X2um2b7.png

Edited by LegendXCarisso

According to paypal's developer companion site, an error 10486 means that you tried to use a bad funding method. Either an invalid card or a card with insufficient funding. Chances are there's some sort of checking fee of a few cents they use to check the card is legitimate, which leaves it unable to cover the whole cost of the founder's pack.

I would suggest you buy the disciples's pack for now if it will allow you to. People who already have founder status will be able to upgrade to a higher tier for a while even after the founder program expires. That allows you time to figure out the issue and upgrade later. If you don't, then it might end before you get to sign up at all.

Edited by Zamte

According to paypal's developer companion site, an error 10486 means that you tried to use a bad funding method. Either an invalid card or a card with insufficient funding. Chances are there's some sort of checking fee of a few cents they use to check the card is legitimate, which leaves it unable to cover the whole cost of the founder's pack.

I would suggest you buy the disciples's pack for now if it will allow you to. People who already have founder status will be able to upgrade to a higher tier for a while even after the founder program expires. That allows you time to figure out the issue and upgrade later. If you don't, then it might end before you get to sign up at all.

Well, my wife just tried using her paypal account which had a bit of money in it (to handle any costs), and it instead returned this.

APLC9AN.png

EDIT: Apparantly, this means I am unable to use her account for the purchase either, and the one I created for myself is still returning the 10486 error. Surprisingly, no money has been taken, nor has it been charged. So essentailly, all I have is a useless piece of plastic, and have come to the realization that Warframe Devs were either high, or drunk when they thought ULTIMATE PAY was the best way to go with their transactions.

Seriously. SERIOUSLY! With all the screw-ups I've seen/heard from people with Ultimate Pay, you'd think Warframe Devs/market representitives/etc. would see this and make a change.

Edited by LegendXCarisso

Well, my wife just tried using her paypal account which had a bit of money in it (to handle any costs), and it instead returned this.

APLC9AN.png

EDIT: Apparantly, this means I am unable to use her account for the purchase either, and the one I created for myself is still returning the 10486 error. Surprisingly, no money has been taken, nor has it been charged. So essentailly, all I have is a useless piece of plastic, and have come to the realization that Warframe Devs were either high, or drunk when they thought ULTIMATE PAY was the best way to go with their transactions.

Seriously. SERIOUSLY! With all the screw-ups I've seen/heard from people with Ultimate Pay, you'd think Warframe Devs/market representitives/etc. would see this and make a change.

Take the following into account before you make up nonsence.

1. Is the founders over? Note please that Just because it's  day/month in your country that it isn't for where the De team is they run everything by their own clock.

2. Are you even converting your funds??? Maybe your $$ isnt equivalent to the required $$ for the founders as it uses euo dollars.

3. Don't blame De for this. It's beyond a doubt this is the fault of the card you're trying to use. De has no responsibility if you don't know how to use the card properly, they only hand over the founders if they receive the corresponding payment.

ALSO!

I hate to disappoint you but these so called "complaints" are of the people who don't even know how to buy stuff online with that payment method. It appears you're also only of these people just trash talking the De because of you're own negligence.

Edited by xFrostKnightx

Take the following into account before you make up nonsence.

1. Is the founders over? Note please that Just because it's  day/month in your country that it isn't for where the De team is they run everything by their own clock.

2. Are you even converting your funds??? Maybe your $$ isnt equivalent to the required $$ for the founders as it uses euo dollars.

3. Don't blame De for this. It's beyond a doubt this is the fault of the card you're trying to use. De has no responsibility if you don't know how to use the card properly, they only hand over the founders if they receive the corresponding payment.

ALSO!

I hate to disappoint you but these so called "complaints" are of the people who don't even know how to buy stuff online with that payment method. It appears you're also only of these people just trash talking the De because of you're own negligence.

Well... I'm in no mood to argue, so I'll kindly answer your concerns/points.

A: No. It ends November 1st. Well, it's still November 1st, and since I assume Warframe Devs are eastern-bound, which would mean I have about 1 hour, 14 minutes before the Founders Packs are gone. So that isn't a concern. At least for now.

B: You DO realize that it says USD $49.99, yes? Not euros. Chances are, if you're seeing euros, it's due to your location so it shows up differently for you than it does for myself.

C: As I've said twice now, the card works. It is fully active, and I have checked this against the card company, who specifically told me the card IS in-fact, activated. It indeed IS their concern, and issue since THEY are the ones who have made the decision to work with Ultimate Pay for their future payments. Therefore, this argument is moot. Also keep in mind they use about 5-6 different other methods besides credit/debit cards.

PS: If you're going to insult other people about them "not knowing how to use a card", maybe you should try "helping" them, instead of insulting. I'm in no mood right now for trolls, alright?

Well... I'm in no mood to argue, so I'll kindly answer your concerns/points.

A: No. It ends November 1st. Well, it's still November 1st, and since I assume Warframe Devs are eastern-bound, which would mean I have about 1 hour, 14 minutes before the Founders Packs are gone. So that isn't a concern. At least for now.

B: You DO realize that it says USD $49.99, yes? Not euros. Chances are, if you're seeing euros, it's due to your location so it shows up differently for you than it does for myself.

C: As I've said twice now, the card works. It is fully active, and I have checked this against the card company, who specifically told me the card IS in-fact, activated. It indeed IS their concern, and issue since THEY are the ones who have made the decision to work with Ultimate Pay for their future payments. Therefore, this argument is moot. Also keep in mind they use about 5-6 different other methods besides credit/debit cards.

PS: If you're going to insult other people about them "not knowing how to use a card", maybe you should try "helping" them, instead of insulting. I'm in no mood right now for trolls, alright?

Trolls? Nice way to cover up your own mistakes by claiming I'm a troll.

Of all the last few hundred Tenno who upgraded today and yesterday, your the few 1-4 that claim De is at fault. Maybe your special and De decided just for you specifically that you wouldn't be able to get it.

I bet this is what you'd like De to come out and say?

Take you're complaint to the correct forum and post a ticket instead of waiting and re-trying the same mistake over and over.

Edited by xFrostKnightx

Of all the last few hundred Tenno who upgraded today and yesterday, your the few 1-4 that claim De is at fault. Maybe your special and De decided just for you specifically that you wouldn't be able to get it.

Take you're complaint to the correct forum and post a ticket instead of waiting and re-trying the same mistake over and over.

Ah. So you want to tussle? Alright. Let's party.

First of all, you're shoving words into my mouth that I did not say. I did not request the devs to admit that they're screwing me over by disallowing me the rights to buy their product; what I DID say however, is that it is their responsibility to make sure they get paid so I CAN obtain my items. How are you supposed to buy anything from them if you can't even get a payment to go through? That's what support is for, no? And secondly, if you were to read this entire thread instead of "seeing red" at something you didn't like, you'd see I not ONLY said I submitted a ticket to Warframe Support, but also sent a support ticket to UltimatePay support.

Considering that this is the "general" chat, I'd figure this falls under the "general" guidelines, but let's leave that for Warframe Moderators to decide, shall we? Thirdly, I don't apprecieate people like you coming onto my thread, where all I'm trying to do is get help for a problem that won't fix itself, because clearly I'm incapable of figuring out how something so simple has unwound itself into becoming the monster of a problem I, and many others are suffering through right now. Instead of trying to provide some sort of answer, you throw insults and act like that will be apprecieated:

It isn't. At all. All it does is spam up a chat with... well, SPAM, and doesn't help anyone with their problems or concerns.

To all others though, I truly apprecieate your assistance thus far, and I'm sorry it's come to this. At this point, I only have 30 minutes until I miss out on obtaining a founders pack, unless there's something Warframe Support can do to assist; this is my last lifeline.

EDIT: Program might be over, but I'm far from done. Won't rest until the devs fix this.

Edited by LegendXCarisso

Founders packs were still available when he tried this. They only just ended 24 minutes from the time I am posting this.

They do not, in fact, take Euros. They are a Canadian company. You pay in your local currency and it is converted to Canadian dollars for them later. That is not the responsibility of the end user.

It's not the fault of DE directly. However it is likely the fault of Ultimate Pay. Many prepaid cards work with some services and not others because the services are needlessly strict on the card, to the point that many if not all prepaid cards fail to function, and these services only work with actual debit or credit cards. If DE works with them and it costs them customers, this is a problem for them, because it will cost them money.

You're telling him not to talk about things he doesn't understand, but every single one of your points was misguided and incorrect.

DE doesn't have to do anything about this, and DE did nothing wrong. However if DE wants to make the most money possible then they probably ought to work with payment processors who can handle prepaid cards, because prepaid cards are getting more and more common every day.