Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There's an option in Polarization that confuses me

Gamer_Auto

Question

Once more, I come upon an example of Warframe not giving a proper tutorial.

There's an option under "Actions" called "Swap Polarity". I tried the wiki, and it has no answers. Can someone explain it to me? I'd like to know exactly what it is before I mess with it.

8 answers to this question

As other have stated, it's for moving polarities around. I use it a lot because I tend to like weapons configured in specific ways so that if I need to make changes, I have everything neatly organized and can do so with minimal fuss. So when a weapon comes with an innate polarity that is right in the middle and I'd rather have it in the top left or something, I'll move.

As for using it, it's very simple. You select the option and it will show you a lay out like if you were going to add Forma to a weapon. You click the select the slot that has the polarity that  you want to move and it will ask you to pick a different slot where you'd like it to be. However, this only works if you have put at least 1 forma on that piece of equipment, it won't let  you move polarities on a weapon you haven't forma-ed yet.

still people miss a step. First, they are correct in the function however nobody bothered to directly answer you.

Polarization can only be used -after- you have applied a Forma to the item; not before. If you applied a Forma and Polarization does not work, issue a bug report.

it exists for people with gaming-ocd like me who absolutely need to have all gold mods on one side, and silver/white mods on the other side.

sometimes i'd make a checkered pattern between gold and silver/white.

and yeah of course for combining elements too, since combining works from left to right, top to bottom row, but of course that's not as important as making your mods looks nice.

i'm on super ultra ultimate endgame: i'm fashionframing how my mod screen looks.

On 2021-07-13 at 6:10 AM, Fallen77 said:

Will warframe need a tutorial for everything ?

The very name of the option + the icon are more than clear enough...

I don't feel like it's very well explained. At least changing the usage icon from "Oh, is that some new Polarity type?" to the standard "circling arrows" that they use on the initial icon would help. I thought I was getting into something more advanced than it actually is with that unique symbol that's used nowhere else.

Archived