Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Give Infestation Something To Rival Corpus Elites/grineer Scorchers/napalms

Lunaticked

I love the buffs to scorchers. It's something that keeps me on my toes instead of just sleepwalking through standard missions. Their bright white armor makes them fairly easy to spot and avoid, punishing people who aren't alert.

Grineer napalmers? The hit detection on their attacks might need a look, but I love the actual -threat- those big red bastards pose.

Corpus now have those brutal, shield ripping, pinpoint accurate lasers. Love it! Puts a stop to a lot of people who leap into the middle of a group and pop off an ult. Instantly melted.

Love love love the increased difficulty these guys pose...but they kind of leave the Infested in the dirt. Everyone knows to avoid toxics by now. We only ever die by a slow accumulation of glancing against them and finally running out of HP after toxic ancient number 26 trying to cuddle us. Healers just turn things into bullet sponges and disruptors...well, I swear when I started they'd be my bane, but now I haven't had my energy absorbed by one in over two months. Did I get better or did they get nerfed?

They must feel neglected. Grineer and Corpus get these new, devastating toys, and the Infested are the same old minor annoyance they always were. Give them something new, buff what they got, bring back charger stagger spam! (NO. Don't do this. Dear gods don't do this) Still, give them something that can pose a threat.

Edited due to super typo.

Edited by Lunaticked

Uhm...what makes you think Infested won't be getting an event next with the neat new foresty tiles? Not to mention...stagger...stun-locking...infested...

Aren't the forest tiles for grineer? Infested just take over areas owned by other factions. Whether or not they'll be doing something with infested mobs when the tile comes out has yet TBD.

Edited by AXCrusnik

Nothing ranged, being melee sets the infested apart. Also, nothing with any form of CC, there's already too much of that.

A "spawner" monster maybe? I don't know.

I want a hydralisk proxy that shoot toxin spikes that bypasses shield. And being a common unit, they spawn in swarms.

Where is your god now ?

Edited by fatpig84

Whatever new stuff they get, please don't make it more stunlock. A ranged unit that fires (possibly venomous) spines would be nice, but it shouldn't serve to replace the current frontline units like the chargers did (apparently chargers weren't in the original line-up, but now form the majority of units? that's fine, but don't do the same with ranged units).

E: Ninja'd

Edited by PaperAlien

Nothing ranged, being melee sets the infested apart. Also, nothing with any form of CC, there's already too much of that.

A "spawner" monster maybe? I don't know.

Ohhh. Ideas.. Something that moves slowly but spawns some kind of flying, kamikaze infested. You can shoot them down before they reach you, but if they do, it's a ton of damage. Slower than a bullet, faster than a charger.

I personally don't want Infested to get more heavy units or any long ranged ones. Infested are the strong melee units or that's what they are suppose to be, and if any new infested enemies are introduced, they should contribute with cc or protections that synergizes with melee but not stunlocking.

The problem is that due to current spawning mechanics, the new elite units would start spawning en masse, likely along with the ancients, who already spawn in insane amounts at high levels. Seriously, get to Wave 25-45 in Xini and it'll be almost nothing but toxics and disruptors, maybe healers.

The problem is that due to current spawning mechanics, the new elite units would start spawning en masse, likely along with the ancients, who already spawn in insane amounts at high levels. Seriously, get to Wave 25-45 in Xini and it'll be almost nothing but toxics and disruptors, maybe healers.

But that's FUN.