[Suggestion] Steel Path on everything

Redwyrm

As much as i like general idea of Steel Path, general concirn about it - too limited. You have few daily missions with guaranty with guaranty steel essence reward, and that's ppretty much it. There is practicaly no reason of going back doing standard node with steel path.

It is a true endgame modifier. And as such it should be (optianally) applied to everything: Sorties, Kuva Flood, SO/ESO, Invasions, Void FIssures, Railjack, and so on.

So instead of giving us option to run few daily steel path missions, and pointless steel-path-applied standard nodes, make game apply steel path modifier to absolutely everything.

As a main reward - moddified loot drop tabale. With lower tier drops having lower chance to drop (and perhaps even removed from the table), and higher tier drops having higher chance.

Generally as i see it would work best, split Steel Path into 3 tiers:

Tier 1. Every node modified to be level 45 minimum (as of highest standard level of node). Alerts, bounties and so on also modified to be eitehr level-45, or whatever level is standard for them. Whichever is higher.

No additional stat boost for enemies

Very slight boost on loot drop table, bonus on credits dropped

Tier 2. Every node, bounties, sorties, etc moddified to be level 100 minimum.

Enemies have some boost to their shields, armor and health.

Moderate modifier to loot drop table, bonus to credits and affinity.

Tier 3. All nodes, bounties, etc moddified to be level 135 minimum.

Enemies have major boost to their health, armor and shield.

Major improvement to loot drop table. Bonus to credits, affinity and resource aquired.

Unlocking tier should be done in some sort of qualifying exam. Where you put in enviroment very similar to Onslaught, with enemies quickly spawn with a minimum listed level of a tier. And you have to survive for giving period of time. Just to ensure that specific player is up for a chalendge. With first tier also having requerement of firts completeling every existing standard node.

Of course if you one of those player who for some reason enjoying inflicting million of damage on mobs that have only 100 health - you can always simply disable it on the map.

You can also always switch it to be of lower tier Steel Path. If some task is just too hard, or perhaps is just to tediouse.

• Like 2

With millions of players around the world? Hardy... Plus majority of players would run ither top tier SP, or... no SP at all :P The rest of the tiers is merely as stepping stones for newer players, who still up for higher challendge.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Redwyrm said:

With millions of players around the world? Hardy... Plus majority of players would run ither top tier SP, or... no SP at all :P The rest of the tiers is merely as stepping stones for newer players, who still up for higher challendge.

On playstation it’s dead. There really isn’t millions of players there at least, the steel path is generally barren on players already, the only populated nodes are about 4 squads in hydron and some elsewhere in normal mode, and you might get lucky.

The main issue I see with this, as well as Steel Path and alternative modes in general, is that it splits nodes into sub-nodes, which means it splits up the playerbase trying to run missions along all of these different tiers. I very much like the idea of a more nuanced gradient to the game's difficulty, and I love the idea of unlocking the next tier of difficulty by completing the previous tier, but I don't think that should result in a dilution of the playerbase.

I think if there is to be a mode of choose-your-own difficulty in the game, it should probably be more personal, like Dragon Keys, rather than implemented as separate nodes: if there were some sort of Steel Path menu that let the player reduce the damage they'd personally deal, increase the damage they'd personally take, and enact other self-debuffs, in exchange for a mix of personal and team-wide rewards, that could allow every player to play in the same nodes while setting their own level of difficulty. In fact, going further, this could even replace enemy levels altogether, since one could make enemies scale just by modifying one's own damage dealt and received.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, (PSN)FK2P said:

On playstation it’s dead. There really isn’t millions of players there at least, the steel path is generally barren on players already, the only populated nodes are about 4 squads in hydron and some elsewhere in normal mode, and you might get lucky.

Well, that's the whole point. No one wants to do standard nodes on Steel Path, since it's pretty much pointless. Now give the same modifiers to encounters that everyone runs (sorties, kuva flood, void fissures, and so on), and you will have no shortage of players willing to do it on higher difficulty.
Daily Steel Path alerts are not dead in comparison. Even though they are limited to 5 per day per player. At least on PC they are not dead.

Edited by Redwyrm
  • Like 1