DE you really dun goofed with the Ambassador.

Aldain

I mean really, the auto fire mode does the same base damage as the Braton, has basically the same crit chance and a longer reload on top of that.

The charge shot is also inconsistent in the range of the explosion, often failing to hit enemies standing right on top of each other, if the explosion is supposed to be 6m in radius then that is utterly impossible.

It is basically worse than the Fulmin by a large degree (the next nearest gun it can compare to) despite being requiring 2 MR more to build.

I'd seriously suggest buffing this gun ASAP, it doesn't need to be absurd, but at least make it not comparable to a freaking MR0 Braton in terms of stats.

Edited by Aldain
  • Like 25

Just now, Joezone619 said:

So we just not gonna talk about the "cedo"'s alt fire applying almost every status in the game... and the fact  "galvanized amptitude" now exists and is rifle "conditioned overload"

I'm...not entirely sure what that has to do with the Ambassador Assault Rifle.

• Like 19

8 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

i thought this thread was about the drop rates, but now im less excited to grind for it.

The drop rates are also bad (seriously what is DE's fetish for Railjack C rotations?) but as it is right now the weapon isn't even worth farming.

It has no base polarities, the same damage as a Braton, a barely passable crit rate and a reload time almost as long as the Quellor, which both has higher base damage and 3 times the Magazine capacity (though admittedly much less effective crits).

I don't know how DE managed to bungle this gun so bad, especially when the Stahlta does basically the same thing as it, but better in every way but mag capacity.

• Like 8

As somebody who was disappointed that the morph-weapon aspects of the Briefcase weapons was just cosmetic. And who has just discovered that this is a proper morph-weapon.

I am in pain.

• Like 2

For something more constructive - apparently the weapon reloads when you swap it into its sniper configuration.

Would it not be possible for the sniper configuration to just... load less ammo when doing a morph-reload? So you still only get two shots but you're not wasting several dozen full-auto shots.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

For something more constructive - apparently the weapon reloads when you swap it into its sniper configuration.

Would it not be possible for the sniper configuration to just... load less ammo when doing a morph-reload? So you still only get two shots but you're not wasting several dozen full-auto shots.

Honestly they just need to adjust the exchange rate overall, they could make it 4 AoE charge shots per magazine and that would likely be fair (especially if they would fix the AoE not AoE-ing properly).

The current reload speed isn't bad for what it does on paper, but it is a weak weapon on top of the 2.6s reload time, which also is the transformation time.

Sadly putting on a reload speed mod isn't a viable choice for the weapon either, since it is desperate for any and all damage it can get due to basically being a slightly faster Electric Braton.

As an update, I'm now 5 Forma and an Exilus Adapter into my Ambassador and...it's not good, like really...REALLY not good.

Only way I get any mileage out of it is through Hunter Munitions (I don't have Galvanized mods before anyone asks) but really this gun is in such a poor state that budget builds can't salvage it in any meaningful way.

DE I implore you, reevaluate this gun, whatever your intentions for it were you undershot it by a wide margin.

• Like 3

Agree on it being underwhelming. As I see it, its essentially supposed to be a Corpus Baza of sorts, so here's some stat buffs/changes I'd like to see to make it better fill that role:

Primary Fire:
Crit Chance: 14% --> 19%
Crit Damage: 2.8x --> 2.2x
Reload Speed: 2.6 sec --> 2.3 sec

Alternate Fire:
Crit Chance: 16% --> 36%
Contact Damage: 600 --> 100
Radial Damage: 800 --> 700
Ammo Consumed/Shot: 48 --> 32

This should keep it within its MR bracket while improving its feel (in my opinion anyway).

40 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Agree on it being underwhelming. As I see it, its essentially supposed to be a Corpus Baza of sorts, so here's some stat buffs/changes I'd like to see to make it better fill that role:

Primary Fire:
Crit Chance: 14% --> 19%
Crit Damage: 2.8x --> 2.2x
Reload Speed: 2.6 sec --> 2.3 sec

Alternate Fire:
Crit Chance: 16% --> 36%
Contact Damage: 600 --> 100
Radial Damage: 800 --> 700
Ammo Consumed/Shot: 48 --> 32

This should keep it within its MR bracket while improving its feel (in my opinion anyway).

I'd also at least bump the auto-fire base damage up to around like 30-40ish and maybe push the crit chance up to 22% if the multiplier were reduced to 2.2x myself.

The current problems it has (aside from the AoE shot being bugged and not hitting things past 2-3m when it is supposed to be 6m) are that the damage output is so low that it can't benefit from mods nearly as well as it should, I know I'm like a broken record saying it but no MR10 weapon should deal the same base damage per bullet as the Braton.

If they had to lower the fire rate to increase the base damage I could understand that too, dropping it from 13.33 to 10.00 or so would be a fair DPS trade in that regard imo.

35 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I'd also at least bump the auto-fire base damage up to around like 30-40ish and maybe push the crit chance up to 22% if the multiplier were reduced to 2.2x myself.

The current problems it has (aside from the AoE shot being bugged and not hitting things past 2-3m when it is supposed to be 6m) are that the damage output is so low that it can't benefit from mods nearly as well as it should, I know I'm like a broken record saying it but no MR10 weapon should deal the same base damage per bullet as the Braton.

If they had to lower the fire rate to increase the base damage I could understand that too, dropping it from 13.33 to 10.00 or so would be a fair DPS trade in that regard imo.

My changes were primarily geared toward keeping it within its MR bracket. That is, keep its base (and modded to an extent) DPS withing the range of its MR peers.
I wouldn't object to its MR requirement going up a bit in exchange for increased stats.

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

My changes were primarily geared toward keeping it within its MR bracket.

Mine were too, the Stahlta is also an MR10 weapon and has stats similar to the adjustments I added on top of yours.

Though there's also the issue that the Fulmin which is MR8 and has a combination of the stats we outlined to consider as well.

Either way it needs SOMETHING to make it better.

• Like 1

On 2021-07-13 at 5:05 PM, Aldain said:

I mean really, the auto fire mode does the same base damage as the Braton, has basically the same crit chance and a longer reload on top of that.

The charge shot is also inconsistent in the range of the explosion, often failing to hit enemies standing right on top of each other, if the explosion is supposed to be 6m in radius then that is utterly impossible.

It is basically worse than the Fulmin by a large degree (the next nearest gun it can compare to) despite being requiring 2 MR more to build.

I'd seriously suggest buffing this gun ASAP, it doesn't need to be absurd, but at least make it not comparable to a freaking MR0 Braton in terms of stats.

I'm with you here. The potential, mechanics and animation's of the gun are really well done and leads me to believe there was a forgotten final QC of it before release.

On 2021-07-14 at 9:40 AM, Aldain said:

I agree with the base damage and crit chance stat increases but I would keep the crit damage values at its current state for the primary fire while increasing crit chance to 30% but decreasing crit damage to your 2.2x for alt-fire. Let the new arcane and G-mods showcase just how wild guns can get and use the new Ambassador as the example, imo. For its lack of polarities, its difficulty to earn and it's unique mechanics, the reward should be a weapon that perfectly demonstrates what guns 2.0 can really do. Therefore, it's crit damage, earned through the mod mechanics working in tune for enhanced crit chance, should be explosive and consistent in primary fire, exciting fans of high fire rate weapons.

In contrast, I'd love for alt-fire to be a more serious modding decision that differentiates it from the primary fire and I would bump up status chance a bit to further reflect that. Proc'ing a crowd from that slower shot can set up nice opportunities and, while firestorm is pointless in primary, it is deadly in alt-fire, especially when combined with a higher proc chance. Lastly, although the crit damage is lower, it is still devastating enough to consider reload speed and fire rate over more damage mods which would, by default, benefit the primary as well.

Again, I love the potential and think a quick data pass over this weapon, with your suggestions, would really make it great, but I'd also love to have some decisions to make when modding for both forms: primary crit happy, alt-fire cc and a compromise slot.

• Like 1

Am 14.7.2021 um 02:05 schrieb Aldain:

No! weapon should get worse! people who bought it or even farmed it (big LOL here!) love to SUFFER! and they should get more SUFFERING.

that's what it's about. it is best to install a semi-auto for a weapon, so that your fingers also hurt.

• Like 1

On 2021-07-15 at 9:18 PM, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

Again, I love the potential and think a quick data pass over this weapon, with your suggestions, would really make it great, but I'd also love to have some decisions to make when modding for both forms: primary crit happy, alt-fire cc and a compromise slot.

That all sounds good, honestly anything would be better than the position the Ambassador is currently in.

After a bit more experimentation with it I've found the Ambassador to be one of the oddball guns that actually can benefit quite well from Hammer Shot due to the crit multiplier already being high and liking extra Status Chance on both modes.

But really aside from the base auto damage I now can safely say it needs two other things most desperately, the AoE fixed on the Charge Shot and the Charge Shot to consume less ammo, bare minimum it needs 3-4 shots per reload instead of just 2, the Charge Shot is just too inefficient at two shots per mag.

Spoiler

I totally didn't respond to this late as a tactic to bump the thread post Tennocon, nope not at all.

On 2021-07-13 at 5:35 PM, Aldain said:
On 2021-07-13 at 5:34 PM, Joezone619 said:

So we just not gonna talk about the "cedo"'s alt fire applying almost every status in the game... and the fact  "galvanized amptitude" now exists and is rifle "conditioned overload"

I'm...not entirely sure what that has to do with the Ambassador Assault Rifle.

Dude, you're obviously just participating in the cover-up.  We're on to you.

Every thread needs to be about Cedo status, comrades.  Stick it to the Man!

7 hours ago, Aldain said:

That all sounds good, honestly anything would be better than the position the Ambassador is currently in.

After a bit more experimentation with it I've found the Ambassador to be one of the oddball guns that actually can benefit quite well from Hammer Shot due to the crit multiplier already being high and liking extra Status Chance on both modes.

But really aside from the base auto damage I now can safely say it needs two other things most desperately, the AoE fixed on the Charge Shot and the Charge Shot to consume less ammo, bare minimum it needs 3-4 shots per reload instead of just 2, the Charge Shot is just too inefficient at two shots per mag.

Hide contents

I totally didn't respond to this late as a tactic to bump the thread post Tennocon, nope not at all.

Lol at the bump!

I actually use hammer shot in my build for that very same reason: it looked right for the Ambassador. I do think if they fix the aoe and add the suggested bumps, the low charged shot count may be the toughest change to make in order to control the power balance. I'd LOVE 4 charged shots though!!

Yeah its pretty bad, I had heard it described as being similar to the Quellor which I actually enjoy but this isn't that.

I bought the Yareli supporter pack and was glad to get the gun, been wanting the model for ages but honestly its not great. Put a couple forma into it but meh, other than the look and the SFX its not anything to write home about. Which sucks given how hard it is to farm.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Yeah its pretty bad, I had heard it described as being similar to the Quellor which I actually enjoy but this isn't that.

It really is similar to the Quellor, another gun that I love but just doesn't quite work as well as it should.

It also reminds me of the Athodai, rapid fire low damage (even though the Athodai has higher base damage) and an alternate fire that just isn't worth using due to design flaws.

At least the Athodai has a solid critical chance though, the Ambassador is closer to the Braton in terms of base damage and crit...which is just painful to look at.

• Like 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb xcrimsonlegendx:

I bought the Yareli supporter pack and was glad to get the gun, been wanting the model for ages but honestly its not great. Put a couple forma into it but meh, other than the look and the SFX its not anything to write home about. Which sucks given how hard it is to farm.

there is still a lot going on here. it should best surpass the mk1 level.

it's about skin and rarity.
you can triple the platinum price or turn the drop chance to 3% rounder. and reduce the damage by 50%.

because it's not about performance. players want the weapon for other reasons.

1 hour ago, Battle.Mage said:

it's about skin and rarity.
you can triple the platinum price or turn the drop chance to 3% rounder. and reduce the damage by 50%.

because it's not about performance. players want the weapon for other reasons.

While I appreciate the bumps to the thread, this joke kind of isn't funny when considering how bad the weapon truly is.

In my time using the Ambassador the only reason it even remotely does anything to enemies is because of Hunter Munitions...and we all know how hilariously broken that mod is.

That's why even though I should be laughing at the sarcasm/joke on display here, I can't because inside I'm dying from how utterly useless this rare MR10 gun is, especially when it came in a patch that was designed to close the gap between melee and ranged, it is painfully ironic to such a degree that it makes me physically ill.

Gerade eben schrieb Aldain:

...this joke kind of isn't funny ...

what does this blah blah have to do with reality?

THAT'S HOW IT LOOKS !!!

you don't know other games or WHAT ?????????????????
They sell trash like hats or other rubbish like childish skins. and very expensive! because it's not about function!
IT'S ABOUT RARITY !!!

so I can no longer read this blah blah ......... people stay in reality ..........

One last desperate and despairing update to this topic.

Even the Hunter Munitions build can't realistically salvage this gun, even my Athodai is performing better against the same level of enemies (did some stress testing in Veil Proxima today), it's just utterly tragic.

DE I beg of you...

Global Goal Help GIF by Global Citizen