Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE you really dun goofed with the Ambassador.

Aldain

I have to agree with this. I couldn't stand the grind, so I bought the rifle with plat because it looks and sounds amazing. Hats of to whoever made the model, sounds and animation. 

HOWEVER, it is seriously underwhelming for a rifle that's MR10 AND locked behind such an insane grind. I feel like my normal Braton is stronger than this thing, and that just makes no sense.

I normally don't ask for buffs, but this one really needs one.

On 2021-07-26 at 9:22 PM, Lirka. said:

I have to agree with this. I couldn't stand the grind, so I bought the rifle with plat because it looks and sounds amazing. Hats of to whoever made the model, sounds and animation. 

HOWEVER, it is seriously underwhelming for a rifle that's MR10 AND locked behind such an insane grind. I feel like my normal Braton is stronger than this thing, and that just makes no sense.

I normally don't ask for buffs, but this one really needs one.

I might have bought it if it was a skin, but I looked at stats and decided my time and plat ain't worth it. Sad cause it does look great.

5 hours ago, OwlOfJune said:

Sad cause it does look great.

You should see the animations for it, there's a stylish flip of the new magazine while reloading, and the amazing amount of effort the animators put into the mode swap animations...

If only it didn't have the base damage of A BRATON CMON DE WHY DID YOU DO THAT?! T_T

Seeing at the stat, I can say a bit why. While the damage is the same, it has

- Slightly higher crit chance : 14% --> 35% with Point Strike, 42% with Critical Delay

- Higher fire rate : 13.33/10.664 With critical Delay, similar to Stradavar vs 8.75

- Higher crit damage : 2.8 vs 1.6

- Higher status chance : 26% vs 6%

Stat wise, Ambassador has slightly higher DPS potential with higher chance to land critical hit, higher critical damage, hybrid potential with that status chance, and higher fire rate so I think it's not really that bad as you said. It's not like that weapon must be stronger or we would have to stat squish that weapon later

1 hour ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

Seeing at the stat, I can say a bit why. While the damage is the same, it has

- Slightly higher crit chance : 14% --> 35% with Point Strike, 42% with Critical Delay

- Higher fire rate : 13.33/10.664 With critical Delay, similar to Stradavar vs 8.75

- Higher crit damage : 2.8 vs 1.6

- Higher status chance : 26% vs 6%

While this is all correct, having the same base damage as the Braton makes any mods that rely on base damage worse by default, which is most of them.

Even with the Viral Hunter Munitions build I have mostly been testing it with the damage output is very slow and ammo hungry because of just how many bullets it takes, especially against higher level and/or Railjack enemies.

The fire rate can draw some comparisons to the Soma Prime, but the Soma Prime has a base crit rate of 30%, even the Grakata has a higher base rate.

Another possible comparison could be to the Braton Prime, which has the same Status Chance and 16% crit with a near comparable crit multiplier of 2.0.

The Ambassador has so many questionable choices for what it does, low base damage, a medium-low crit chance a solid multiplier it can only apply to roughly 1 in 3 bullets, and a status chance that, while good, has trouble making up for the rest of its stats because it is locked to base Electricity damage.

The Ambassador is trying to be the Baza, but fails to do anything the Baza doesn't do better, despite the Baza having even lower base damage. The gun is a walking identity crisis because it can't decide what it wants to be, even the AoE shot is built for Status when logistically it would have been better design to flip the Status and Crit chances on it

If anything the gun outlines the problem of just how crit reliant low damage weapons (and weapons in general) are to having any upward momentum and use in content past level 40.

There is nothing other than aesthetics that would make me recommend this gun over any of the others in the same functional space, like the Stahlta, Fulmin, Trumna, Baza, all weapons that can do similar things in different ways more reliably than the Ambassador can because they have better base stats.

31 minutes ago, Aldain said:

While this is all correct, having the same base damage as the Braton makes any mods that rely on base damage worse by default, which is most of them.

Even with the Viral Hunter Munitions build I have mostly been testing it with the damage output is very slow and ammo hungry because of just how many bullets it takes, especially against higher level and/or Railjack enemies.

The fire rate can draw some comparisons to the Soma Prime, but the Soma Prime has a base crit rate of 30%, even the Grakata has a higher base rate.

Another possible comparison could be to the Braton Prime, which has the same Status Chance and 16% crit with a near comparable crit multiplier of 2.0.

The Ambassador has so many questionable choices for what it does, low base damage, a medium-low crit chance a solid multiplier it can only apply to roughly 1 in 3 bullets, and a status chance that, while good, has trouble making up for the rest of its stats because it is locked to base Electricity damage.

The Ambassador is trying to be the Baza, but fails to do anything the Baza doesn't do better, despite the Baza having even lower base damage. The gun is a walking identity crisis because it can't decide what it wants to be, even the AoE shot is built for Status when logistically it would have been better design to flip the Status and Crit chances on it

If anything the gun outlines the problem of just how crit reliant low damage weapons (and weapons in general) are to having any upward momentum and use in content past level 40.

There is nothing other than aesthetics that would make me recommend this gun over any of the others in the same functional space, like the Stahlta, Fulmin, Trumna, Baza, all weapons that can do similar things in different ways more reliably than the Ambassador can because they have better base stats.

Maybe because it's not purely relying on base damage? Hunter munition is kind of overrated and for railjack enemies, I'd say you don't rely 100% on brute force, we still have debuff frames like vauban and nyx for their armor/shield, corrosive for armor, magnetic for shield and toxin to bypass it, etc

Base rate of 30%, with even lower base damage of 12 so even Viral Hunter munitions won't help much there, especially with that 10% status chance for Soma Prime, not to mention grakata with slightly lower base damage of 11 so they're not really suited for Viral Hunter Munitions build

Braton Prime has 12% critical chance, not 16% so it has slightly lower critical damage output

Electricity? I'd say it's good enough provided where you want to use it against. Corrosive + Cold/Heat for Grineer, Magnetic/Toxin or Gas/Electricity for Corpus and Corrosive/Heat for infested

Trying to be Baza? Baza loses damage at enemies beyond 22 meters, making it a strict close combat weapons which can be problematic against hordes in close range so you look like you're trying to nitpick any small thing to paint this weapon as bad

Low damage weapons don't have to be crit reliant, they have their own way to have upward momentum and remember, we have our warframe powers for a reason or we wouldn't have them to do combos between powers and weapons (isn't that what most games basically are? Combining your power and weapons to deal huge damage)

If your reasoning is "can do similar things in different ways more reliably" because they have better base stats, not really, those things you mentioned has some stats lower than Ambassador

4 minutes ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

If your reasoning is "can do similar things in different ways more reliably" because they have better base stats, not really, those things you mentioned has some stats lower than Ambassador

My reasoning is that other things can do what the Ambassador supposedly does more reliably because they are better focused for what they are supposed to do.

The Ambassador has no focus, it doesn't even reach that "jack of all trades master of none" zone because it falls just short in so many ways.

The sum of all of its parts don't make a cohesive weapon, and yes while what you mentioned here is also true:

7 minutes ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

we have our warframe powers for a reason or we wouldn't have them to do combos between powers and weapons (isn't that what most games basically are? Combining your power and weapons to deal huge damage)

The thing you're forgetting is that this statement applies to EVERY weapon, and weapons with better base stats can make more use of such buffs anyway.

24 base damage, a Crit rate of 14%, a crit multiplier of 2.8, a status chance of 26% and a magazine of 96 with a fire rate of 13.33, none of this is a cohesive statline, it looks like it is supposed to be a status hose but has a higher crit multiplier than some weapons DESIGNED to be crit weapons. It also has a reload time almost as long as the Supra Vandal...which has 3 times the ammo per magazine.

The weapon's stats aren't in line with the design, it can output crits via multiplier almost as powerful as the Soma/Baza, but with a crit chance that barely can get to 1 in 3 bullets which means that is falls significantly short in that regard, the only thing the auto fire mode does with any consistency is apply status, but there are myriad guns that can do that AND decent damage, all without needing to be super charged by a Chroma or other such buff.

This gun requires Mastery Rank 10 and is behind 4 different C ROTATION drops in Railjack Survival and it can't even keep pace with the Fulmin, an MR8 weapon which doesn't even need to be farmed (except for 350 Hexenon), and that's not even talking about how the AoE isn't even that good because it has that same 16% crit chance, a percentage that other easier to aquire AoE weapons blow completely out of the water.

Again, I'd like to point this out:

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

That is why this gun needs a buff, a change of design philosophy, anything to get it out of the state where it doesn't do anything that other guns can't do better and for less time investment.

Yeah, I bought the Riptide pack and I love Ambassador's design, but performance-wise it's a mess. The Charge mode is just broken, it might as well have no AOE, and the damage it deals is so low that it simply isn't worth the ammo

16 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Yh i barely hit anything with alt fire.. and if it connects, it's 1 enemy, far from the 6m radius.. normal fire seems cool in lith fissures and that's about it.

I'm disappointed as well, since the weapon has basically all existing draw backs a gun can have. Switching modes takes time, alt fire is a charge, long reload..

It looks good and that's about it.

Pretty much.

This gun plinks off of Grineer almost completely, and it barely does any good against the other factions due to the design flaws, a 13.33 fire rate works against it because it creates so much wasted ammo against Infested, especially the charge shot which cannot even remotely match the Stahlta's alt-fire in damage, crit or AoE.

Ambassador

As soon as I saw this weapon, I liked it straight away coz I saw a corpus enemy using it however even through it looks sick this weapon is somewhat medioca and this is coming from someone that prioritises look over damage.

Weapon improvements:

• Decrease the reload speed to 1.5 or 2.0 seconds.
  • Remove the reload animation when switching to the secondary fire OR decrease the reload to 0.7 seconds, THIS IS UNESSASSARY.
  • Make the secondary fire consume 23 ammo per shot.
  • Give you the ability to fire without it being fully charged.
  • Make the secondary fire have an aoe effect when impacting an enemy.
  • Increase the electric damage and status chance.
  • There is a bug where the scope is not the same colour as your chosen energy colour instead its blue, it should be the same energy colour as what you have chosen.

Tenet Diplos

The process of how you mark enemies is the most irritating thing, the fact that when you aim you can`t shoot you weapon coz of the marking ruins the weapon for me, I don`t understand why it can function similarly to the buzlok.

Weapon improvements:

• Press the secondary fire to mark enemies, if you kill and enemy while marking other enemies the number of times won`t change. (If you mark 4 enemies but you kill one you will still mark four enemies, no more)
  • Either fire shots from marking will increase crit, status chance and damage OR keep continually shooting at marked enemies.

8 hours ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

Decrease the reload speed to 1.5 or 2.0 seconds.

2.0 would be better, 1.5 is too short for the magazine size.

Give you the ability to fire without it being fully charged.

It basically charges almost instantly so this kind of isn't a big issue.

Increase the electric damage and status chance.

The status chance is fine, it needs a better base crit chance, like 20% or so.

Make the secondary fire have an aoe effect when impacting an enemy.

That's what it is supposed to do, but I have a feeling it is bugged in some way...it also sometimes seems to not deal the damage it is supposed to even on direct impact for me, but that could be a multiplayer lag problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Really feelin' sad that the Ambassador is apparently garbagio when I've been farming for it on and off for a while now. Only got one bit so far too.

I wish DE had someone who knew how numbers worked. I wish it was worth the grind. I got myself a Shedu back when the outpost wasn't always around. Feels a lot like that.

Also, a cool looking and funky weapon hamstrung by seriously wonky mechanics and stats. Anyone else remember the Vulcax companion gun? I do. It's still useless. Never fixed despite taking SEVEN SECONDS to fire one shot that has less than half the damage of a vulklok and worse crit.

DE please. Take a math class. Compare your stats to existing things when making new ones. You'll happily nerf things that are too overpowered, but things that are too weak you'll just leave to rot in obscurity.

1 hour ago, DeltaPangaea said:

Really feelin' sad that the Ambassador is apparently garbagio when I've been farming for it on and off for a while now. Only got one bit so far too.

eddie murphy GIF

Honestly unless you really want it as a mantlepiece weapon, it just...really isn't worth it.

They fixed the AoE issue on PC, but I'm still having it fail miserably on Switch, but even discounting that it feels like a Soma Prime that forgot it needs a decent Crit Chance to be a Soma Prime.

If you don't have a Stahlta I'd say just get one of those instead if you want the "Assault Rifle with an Explosion" thing in a weapon, it is easier to farm by MANY degrees.

Sounds like it's not even worth the farm... I've spent 2 hours farming JUST the receiver on railjack survival Pluto and still don't have it..  This weapons grind is beyond ridiculous, 8 hours+ of game play just to use it.  8.33% chance at 20 minutes for all the parts on all the survivals.  C'mon, That's a LOT of work if you are not lucky.. I remember that Octavia part was the same pain to farm.

Archived