Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please change rad proc

Godmode_Ash

Rad proc on players used to be exclusive to Sortie enemy modifier. It was amusing back then because we rarely get chances to kill out teammates, everyone had a little fun and joke.

But since the sister's update, radiation status on players become way too often. Confusion enable friendly fire is a bad design because it is not something a player can control; your teammates is the one responsible for your death, thus noone will cares.

So I suggest:

Instead of confusing stats that enable friendly fire, please change radiation effect to damage reflection back to the player. That way, since players are responsible for their own action, players might actually pay attention to the rad debuff icon, and hopefully stop killing themselves.

Rad proc is all fun and game until players start wiping out defensive objective like idiots. Why are players being punish by idiots or trolls teammates?

PS. I am only talking about rad proc against players. Confusion status against enemy NPC is fine and I have no problem with it.

Update: PO41089 posted this suggestion, which I think is better than mine. I agree as long as getting rid of those annoying friendly fire.

The easy fix is to make Rad procs so you be damaged by allies only. You are the one with the status so you should be the only one punished by it, not your teammates.

Are countermeasures feasible? There's Arcane Healing and Rapid Resilience.

🤔 Could this increase in Radiation challenges be a small push for non-AoE weapons for players who care about defense objectives and not killing their team?

I don't find the friendly fire such a problem, but if team-killing trolls could get the short end of the stick as well, I'd be for that

6 hours ago, Godmode_Ash said:

Rad proc on players used to be exclusive to Sortie enemy modifier. It was amusing back then because we rarely get chances to kill out teammates, everyone had a little fun and joke.

But since the sister's update, radiation status on players become way too often. Confusion enable friendly fire is a bad design because it is not something a player can control; your teammates is the one responsible for your death, thus noone will cares.

So I propose:

Instead of confusing stats that enable friendly fire, please change radiation effect to damage reflection back to the player. That way, since players are responsible for their own action, players might actually pay attention to the rad debuff icon, and hopefully stop killing themselves.

Rad proc is all fun and game until players start wiping out defensive objective like idiots. Why are players being punish by idiots or trolls teammates?

PS. I am only talking about rad proc against players. Confusion status against enemy NPC is fine and I have no problem with it.

No it’s fun.

4 minutes ago, Godmode_Ash said:

I could, but my teammates won't.

If you could do that, that’d be one more player who’s fun to play alongside, at least 👍

I’m not so bothered by being killed by friendly fire from AoE because I’m well aware that others are going for Max Efficiency and Max Ease, but it does get in the way a little. (personally I enjoy the challenge of being careful)

1 hour ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Are countermeasures feasible? There's Arcane Healing and Rapid Resilience.

🤔 Could this increase in Radiation challenges be a small push for non-AoE weapons for players who care about defense objectives and not killing their team?

I don't find the friendly fire such a problem, but if team-killing trolls could get the short end of the stick as well, I'd be for that

I am not sure what you mean. Arcane Healing and Rapid resilience helps preventing you to take rad status/damage. But the problem is the teammates.

You could be the most prepared/careful players to avoid rad proc, but your teammates still going to kill you if they don't care.

10 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

If you could do that, that’d be one more player who’s fun to play alongside, at least 👍

I’m not so bothered by being killed by friendly fire from AoE because I’m well aware that others are going for Max Efficiency and Max Ease, but it does get in the way a little. (personally I enjoy the challenge of being careful)

I edit the post while you were quoting me.

Not sure why you are asking me not to use AOE weapon? This post has nothing to do with self-damage, but rather team killing. Why would my weapons matter in this discussion?

3 minutes ago, Godmode_Ash said:

Not sure why you are asking me not to use AOE weapon? This post has nothing to do with self-damage, but rather team killing. Why would my weapons matter in this discussion?

Ah, thanks for the heads up.

Regarding the AoE weapon and not to use it, isn’t that a… thing worth considering when facing an enemy or situation you’re expected to get radiation statused so that you don’t accidentally kill your own teammates?

Obviously you could be very careful, but if you’re expecting your teammates to not team kill you, I’d expect they’d appreciate the same in return

1 minute ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Ah, thanks for the heads up.

Regarding the AoE weapon and not to use it, isn’t that a… thing worth considering when facing an enemy or situation you’re expected to get radiation statused so that you don’t accidentally kill your own teammates?

Obviously you could be very careful, but if you’re expecting your teammates to not team kill you, I’d expect they’d appreciate the same in return

Why are you telling me this?

2 minutes ago, Godmode_Ash said:

Why are you telling me this?

Telling you that if we somehow end up on the same team at some point in time (I’m playing on my PC account at the moment), it’d be appreciated if you didn’t use an AoE weapon if there’s expectation to be irradiated? 🤨

Just now, (NSW)Greybones said:

Telling you that if we somehow end up on the same team at some point in time (I’m playing on my PC account at the moment), it’d be appreciated if you didn’t use an AoE weapon if there’s expectation to be irradiated? 🤨

Don't worry about it. I watch my debuff icons like hawk. Not just for rad, all the other debuff as well.

The chance of us two get matchmaking is too slim anyway.

11 minutes ago, Godmode_Ash said:

Don't worry about it. I watch my debuff icons like hawk. Not just for rad, all the other debuff as well.

The chance of us two get matchmaking is too slim anyway.

This was weirdly hard to say “Hey, from one hypothetical matched player to another, it’d be cool if the AoE took a back seat for both of us as we head into this potential Radiation encounter”

I guess being careful is about the best someone can ask for. Anyways,  you… have yourself a good day.

edit: 🤔 I did say I enjoy the challenge of being careful in my earlier post, but I meant it in regards to the whole friendly-fire thing. Not sure I could be careful enough with an AoE weapon when I still accidentally blow myself up from time to time

Just now, (NSW)Greybones said:

I guess being careful is about the best someone can ask for. Anyways,  you… have yourself a good day.

Or just have rad proc change to self damage instead, so people won't be punish by another player's mistake.

You have a good day as well.

On 2021-07-13 at 8:05 PM, Godmode_Ash said:

Instead of confusing stats that enable friendly fire, please change radiation effect to damage reflection back to the player. 

So basically turn rad procs into a:
Sit there and twiddle your thumbs so you don't one shot yourself even if you aren't using an AoE/Melee weapon!!!!!!!  And not even solo play will save you!

That would be far more annoying.

Here is one such situation:
You're attacking your sister with melee and she has a detron.  You get rad proced.  You instantly die from the damage reflection because you had zero chance to see the rad proc had happened and you're just dead for no obvious reason.  And with how those icons don't persist once your dead as far as you know you just fell over dead for absolutely zero reason.

Or another such situation:
You're attacking your sister with a hitscan rifle.  She procs rad on you from her weapon or an ability.  You suddenly keel over dead because you weren't able to catch it and instantly died again before the icon had a chance to pop up on your screen appropriately.

Or another situation:
You're fighting near some barrels in jupiter and a rad one breaks open without warning.  You have just fired a projectile attack at some enemies and now find yourself on the ground dead.  Again with zero warning or way to avoid it.

This would be far worse than the current situation because now if you get rad procced at any point.
Even if you decide to play solo a rad proc happens it becomes "I hope I wasn't in the middle of fighting or doing a melee combo otherwise I'm just going to instantly die with zero warning or way to avoid it......"

On 2021-07-13 at 8:05 PM, Godmode_Ash said:

, players might actually pay attention to the rad debuff icon, and hopefully stop killing themselves.

The problem is that with how much damage our weapons do and how little health most frames have you wouldn't have any time to "pay attention to the rad debuff icon".  It would just happen and you would instantly die before you can register the icon is even there.

Unless the rad proc happens when you aren't in the middle of a fight good luck avoiding it.
Just like how plenty of team kills are because you had just fired a few attacks and -then- you get rad procced.  Or you were swinging your melee weapon and got rad procced in the middle of a combo when you couldn't stop yourself from attacking and probably didnt even have the icon on your screen until your team-mate just falls over and then you realize "Oh, I have radiation"

1 hour ago, Tsukinoki said:

So basically turn rad procs into a:
Sit there and twiddle your thumbs so you don't one shot yourself even if you aren't using an AoE/Melee weapon!!!!!!!  And not even solo play will save you!

That would be far more annoying.

Here is one such situation:
You're attacking your sister with melee and she has a detron.  You get rad proced.  You instantly die from the damage reflection because you had zero chance to see the rad proc had happened and you're just dead for no obvious reason.  And with how those icons don't persist once your dead as far as you know you just fell over dead for absolutely zero reason.

Or another such situation:
You're attacking your sister with a hitscan rifle.  She procs rad on you from her weapon or an ability.  You suddenly keel over dead because you weren't able to catch it and instantly died again before the icon had a chance to pop up on your screen appropriately.

Or another situation:
You're fighting near some barrels in jupiter and a rad one breaks open without warning.  You have just fired a projectile attack at some enemies and now find yourself on the ground dead.  Again with zero warning or way to avoid it.

This would be far worse than the current situation because now if you get rad procced at any point.
Even if you decide to play solo a rad proc happens it becomes "I hope I wasn't in the middle of fighting or doing a melee combo otherwise I'm just going to instantly die with zero warning or way to avoid it......"

The problem is that with how much damage our weapons do and how little health most frames have you wouldn't have any time to "pay attention to the rad debuff icon".  It would just happen and you would instantly die before you can register the icon is even there.

Unless the rad proc happens when you aren't in the middle of a fight good luck avoiding it.
Just like how plenty of team kills are because you had just fired a few attacks and -then- you get rad procced.  Or you were swinging your melee weapon and got rad procced in the middle of a combo when you couldn't stop yourself from attacking and probably didnt even have the icon on your screen until your team-mate just falls over and then you realize "Oh, I have radiation"

First of all, can a sister's weapon proc rad effect on players? I have not seen it so I haven't consider that possibility.

I have only seen players getting rad proc from sortie(rad cloud) or lich/sister abilities(grass AOE). Those types of attacks are easily avoidable, and it would be players' own fault if they get rad debuff from those situation. There's plenty of sound and telegraph for warning, and even a mod like Rolling Guard to clear the debuff. So if rad effect causes damage reflection and players dying from those, they shouldn't be complaining.

Now the whole point I started this topic was because I was tired of teammates killing me. I wasn't even my fault but I was being punish by the poor game design. Do you have better solution in this case? (Don't say go solo because this is CO-OP game, and lich/sister farm would be much slower.)

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

No thanks, it's working as intended.

Just like the old stamina bar, vacuum exclusive for Carrier, any WF rework, and any hotfix. List can go on and on...

"Working as intended" doesn't mean it can't be improve.

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

But your suggestion makes it worse, so instead of 3 players dead, with 1 guaranteed alive, who should now realize what happened, you'll have 4 people dead, even more confusion among them, some probably even rage quitting.. and the list goes on and on..

I've did a bunch of rad sorties in the past, and after a while outside of low Mr players (who obviously don't understand anything at that point) never had any issues, and that in PUGs. 

It's a nice touch that from time to time players have to think and adjust accordingly instead of on PC let the Makro run and on consoles case mash buttons.

We already can take the sisters entire power (which hopefully gets addressed as well after DE nerfs them [which you can follow on Twitter]) making them just another Sargeant is definitely not the way to go.

But why would people die the in first place? You were suppose to watch those rad debuff for your own safety. It's just like you said, part of the game. My suggestion only shift the risk from teammate to player's own. Now everyone is responsible for their own action, seem more fair no?

Some guy above mentioned lich/sister weapons can proc rad. I haven't seen it yet, so I can't comment on that. That create a situation to a player can't solo lich/sister. But in group, it would still be better. When lich/sister targets 1 player, the others 3 can still do damage while unaffected. 

Archived