Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corrupted Holokeys Issue

Boondokz

So I do not mind grinding. In fact I tend to enjoy it as there is a good goal that you can strive for and make steady progress. But there is an issue with Corrupted Holokeys, and that is the mission length to quantity. Tossing in RNG after that just adds insult to injury. For starters lets figure out how many runs you will need to have a payout.

Well using the basic equation 1 - 0.625^n=0.99 we find that to reach 99% payout would require 9.798 runs. Lets go with 1 - 0.625^n=0.80 as by that time you should get a payout at 3.424 runs. But we can just say 3 as that is how many most people would expect to need to get a payout at 37.5%

Each weapon requires 40 Holokeys in order to purchase them, so 160 in total. This would require a payout from Veil proxima 27 times to have enough. As we determined before you can expect to run 3 times before getting a payout, so a total of 81 runs.

Now is the speculative part because depending on the mission type and the random requirements needed to complete the mission the time can change. I will use 10 minutes for basic math, but you can expect anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes per run.

81runs x 10min/run = 810min or 13.5 hours.

To me this value is a bit absurd, even if we cut the time in half to 5 minutes then the total time is a bit much. Most people find void storms tedious at best and there is very little benefit outside the Holokeys for doing them. Yes you can get a prime part but it is incredibly slow. I would prefer to be able to purchase the weapons for plat, as that is far easier to farm up. I hope the amount of required time is adjusted in the future. Either increase the amount paid out or increase the payout chance.

For other math people out there I know I took some shortcuts and did not explain the methods I used.

I'm not gonna question the math but yes the rng nature of the drops suck.  I once went five missions without a drop.  It's a bad feeling especially when you have to solo most railjack missions because alot of people in pubs don't really help and take away a crew spot.

(all anecdotal) I've gone 12 missions back-to-back with no keys, but have been getting the far lower chance drops of Sevagoth/Epitaph parts or rad relics/endo exclusively. Probably have done about 40-50 RJ missions since the update and only have 34 keys to show for it.

Do wish DE would just drop the bonus endo 'reward' since you can easily get 3x-4x that amounts by just playing the missions and picking up the trash, usually make about 1-2k endo per missions don't really need that 'bonus' 100 endo drop ya.

But hey 'engagement metrics' are all the rage these days eh?🙄

Mostly on good run in veil took me and the squad 6min. Which gives 6 holokeys.

Good run in saturn cut that in half, 3min. Gives 4 holokey. Time/holokey wise, better in saturn. 

Depending on mood i guess, if you want more reward from the mission completion, go to veil.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Boondokz:

So I do not mind grinding. In fact I tend to enjoy it as there is a good goal that you can strive for and make steady progress. But there is an issue with Corrupted Holokeys, and that is the mission length to quantity. Tossing in RNG after that just adds insult to injury. For starters lets figure out how many runs you will need to have a payout.

Well using the basic equation 1 - 0.625^n=0.99 we find that to reach 99% payout would require 9.798 runs. Lets go with 1 - 0.625^n=0.80 as by that time you should get a payout at 3.424 runs. But we can just say 3 as that is how many most people would expect to need to get a payout at 37.5%

Each weapon requires 40 Holokeys in order to purchase them, so 160 in total. This would require a payout from Veil proxima 27 times to have enough. As we determined before you can expect to run 3 times before getting a payout, so a total of 81 runs.

Now is the speculative part because depending on the mission type and the random requirements needed to complete the mission the time can change. I will use 10 minutes for basic math, but you can expect anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes per run.

81runs x 10min/run = 810min or 13.5 hours.

To me this value is a bit absurd, even if we cut the time in half to 5 minutes then the total time is a bit much. Most people find void storms tedious at best and there is very little benefit outside the Holokeys for doing them. Yes you can get a prime part but it is incredibly slow. I would prefer to be able to purchase the weapons for plat, as that is far easier to farm up. I hope the amount of required time is adjusted in the future. Either increase the amount paid out or increase the payout chance.

For other math people out there I know I took some shortcuts and did not explain the methods I used.

where is the problem exactly? every now and then i play railjack with lavos and level my weapons.
besides holokeys there are 1-3 keys, heaps of other resources like endo and credits. plus prime stuff for sale and mods for gamble.

where is the problem exactly ????

Best way to farm so far:
Check the available missions for one where you only have to kill 4 security nodes at start (that takes like 30 secs) and solo the mission. The chances for that are slim though.

Current recommendation:
Wait till they improve it. This update dished out a huge amount of items, and you'll end up halfway to LR2, no need to hurry.

I mean, the rewards are lich weapons that we don't have to farm relics for or have to spam the same capture mission for a chance to get the weapon you want. Seems like fair trade off

Edit: we also get credit, endo, and crack relics on top of it

15 hours ago, (PSN)thowed said:

I'm not gonna question the math but yes the rng nature of the drops suck.  I once went five missions without a drop.

You feel bad I went 3 whole days without a single key drop for dozens of missions that only ended early yesterday. I feel like my time (and relics) was utterly wasted trying to get keys for the tenet weapons. I've hit the point where I'm only going to farm this stuff anymore if I get a group of people dedicated to doing it with me or DE put these corrupted holokey drops somewhere else.

17 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

where is the problem exactly? every now and then i play railjack with lavos and level my weapons.
besides holokeys there are 1-3 keys, heaps of other resources like endo and credits. plus prime stuff for sale and mods for gamble.

where is the problem exactly ????

What resources? Once you have everything in RJ there are no more resources to gather. Credits are pointless. The only minor benefit might be the endo, but even then the time investment is extremely poor. If after doing 6 runs in about 35 minutes you only receive endo and about 100 ducats then the system is flawed.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Boondokz:

What resources? Once you have everything in RJ there are no more resources to gather. Credits are pointless. The only minor benefit might be the endo, but even then the time investment is extremely poor. If after doing 6 runs in about 35 minutes you only receive endo and about 100 ducats then the system is flawed.

not true at all!
if you farm something specifically, you can get something a little faster. but here I get a bunch of useful things at once.
but you just want to see your own ... whatever! I don't care at all who wants to wear pink glasses!

Technically you don't need 160 "Holokeys" per week, since is a waste to buy something that is like 20 ish percent. Which in itself actually can make the grind more annoying because, is not just keys we need but also the weeks to get enough viable weapons, to fuse and max it out. (if you want a 60% , of course) And it does not help that the only thing you get on RJ are RJ materials, so after you got a decent ship they are pointless too.

IMO what is out of balance is the time it takes to acquire a sister weapon 60-90min compared to the time it takes to acquire a melee tenant weapon which is just way to far apart. The tenant melee are limited to 1 each per week so its not like changing the drop rate or price would allow people to just blow their way to 60% over night.

play grineer saturn and veil storms when you see them, i got most of the holos from these missions compared to corpus and had 160 about 8 hours total rj game time

as for resources being done when done with rj, uhhh, helminth?  you gets tons of resources from rj missions for its feedings also.

I feel like this wouldn't be that much of an issue if the Tenet Melees didn't cost 40 Holokeys. Maybe at least 30 for them would have been reasonable, with 20 being the most ideal, but currently it would mean having to do at most 7 Veil Void Storms, 8 Pluto ones, 10 Saturn ones, 14 Neptune ones, and 20 total Earth/Venus ones. And that's *if* they drop. Either keep the cost of the Melees the same but have the Holokeys have a better chance to drop and/or have them be a separate drop than a shared one OR just reduce the price of them slightly. It's definitely a bit tasking, especially considering how long some RJ missions can take (which I wouldn't mind necessarily if Void Storms allowed us to open 2 relics instead of 1 but that's another topic).

And there's one very big reason why I haven't even attempted to get any of these tenet melee weapons yet. A very long grind in a mission full of annoyances (as far as I know, void storms only happen in missions that need you to exit the railjack and do something else - which is just annoying).

That and the fact that each and every single one of the weapons has an utterly terrible animation set and I would never touch them. Seriously, DE. Stop gluing my feet to the floor or throwing my character off in random directions when I'm using melee attacks. There's a reason why I only ever use polearms.

I agree it feels a bit too grindy to me but I am only playing one mission in a attempt to be as efficient as possible farming the holokeys. So the repetition maybe what's getting to me. I don't know if it's the most efficient but I watch Aznvasions on youtube and he had suggested the Exterminate, Nu-Gua Mines on Neptune Proxima and I get on average 12 Holokeys in the hour and a half it's up. I run solo and that winds up being approximately a mission run time of a little over 4 minutes per mission. It maybe faster if I did it in a dedicated group but when I PUG it takes almost 6 minutes or more. 

That moment when you loot each part of sevagoth instead of the holokey for 10 mission and when you were searching for sevagoth part you've past near 25 mission just for the last part you needed

feelsbadman

i think holokey should have 100% chance and they could add more weapon and/or make them a littlebit more expensive

• 3 months later...

It goes both ways.  I was doing it with friends, and we have a rule, three strikes and we leave.  We also run Saturn so the missions are faster.  Smaller payout, but faster missions.  I think we went three nights in a row with nothing, then the next night we practically couldn't stop.  Two strikes, then 8 drops in a row.  The trick to avoiding frustration (and burnout) is to set yourself limits on things.

Archived