Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Catalyst A Sobek?

papadelta23

Question

14 answers to this question

I have been leveling up a sobek. I like it so far as far as the shotguns are concerned. is it worth putting a catalyst in and getting the extra slots?

is there a better shotty I should try first?

Sobek is a very valid and powerful weapon. Ignore Allen - he's talking about an exclusive event weapon that can't be obtained at the moment.

I do suggest Catalysting it. Good weapon, and pretty fun to use.

Here, I'll do you one better.

The wiki: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Sobek

Different mod builds for it: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Sobek_Build

Edited by SoulEchelon

The Sobek is a lovely shotty if you enjoy shotguns. Strun Wraith is probably better, but also exclusive. I'm still an old school Hek fan though its advantage has sharply declined recently. I'm waiting to see what this new corpus shotty is like. 

But yes, if you have a catalyst to spare and enjoy using the Sobek, catalyze it. That goes for pretty much any weapon in the game. If you enjoy using it, use it to its max. Someone will also find some reason to say something else is better, for everyone weapon. 

Like the previous guy said; you might wanna wait and see what's up with the new shotgun.

When the Sobek first came out though, I slapped a Catalyst on it fairly early on, and I didn't regret it. I have the Strun Wraith and I still use this thing. Not only is it effective, it's fun.

But now that we've got a new shotgun on the rise, take the time to compare the two. But heck, by then maybe you'll have enough Catalysts for both of them, in which case yes, stick a potato in that thing.

There is a new shotgun in the making but not sure when it will be released. If you are really short on supply of catalyst, you might want to reserve and wait for the new shotgun.

Well the devs elaborated that the "shotgun" that was shown wasn't actually a shotgun, but a straight up flak cannon. It's going to be used a little differently, and has a charge system. Charging it makes its shots more accurate, while simply clicking spreads out the blasts in a wider arc. Definitely not your "typical" shotgun, so I still suggest to the OP to supercharge that Sobek.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Well the devs elaborated that the "shotgun" that was shown wasn't actually a shotgun, but a straight up flak cannon. It's going to be used a little differently, and has a charge system. Charging it makes its shots more accurate, while simply clicking spreads out the blasts in a wider arc. Definitely not your "typical" shotgun, so I still suggest to the OP to supercharge that Sobek.

That is a another new new shotgun. Will take a very long time before it will be ready for released. I'm not referring to that.

I'm referring to the double barrel Tenno Shotgun that will be released soon. It will most probably be like Soma of assault rifle, Vectis of snipers, Galatine of heavy weapons.

Edited by Definitegj

This should be all that matters with this weapon. Fully Auto Shotgun. In the dictionary under the listing for "fun" those words appear. Seriously tho, unless its in short supply go for it. The previous event gave out multiple BP's for them, so supply should be OK. Supply for catalysts I mean, in case it was unclear.

Edited by Dalethor

That is a another new new shotgun. Will take a very long time before it will be ready for released. I'm not referring to that.

I'm referring to the double barrel Tenno Shotgun that will be released soon. It will most probably be like Soma of assault rifle, Vectis of snipers, Galatine of heavy weapons.

Ohhh... okay. I totally forgot about that one. But yeah, who knows when it's going to be released (and if it'll be better than Sobek, or how it'll even work. All we can give is assumptions on that.)

OP, just stick with the sure thing that will take you through most of the game for now - Sobek. By the time the new shotgun comes out you should have another catalyst somewhere.

Edited by SoulEchelon

If you really want to go all-out, catalyst that sobek, put on Accelerated Blast and Shotgun Spazz, and watch low level bosses such as Nef and Jackal go down really, really, quickly. Lots of wasted ammo, sure, but downing an entire 20-shot clip into every single part of Nef's body because of the $&*&*#(%&ly high recoil gives one hell of a kick (get it? get it? ._.). It has decent accuracy, too, quite Hek-like, if I'm not mistaken. With single shots, I can whittle down Ancients in Xini pre-wave 15. When anyone gets close? Greet them with a wall of lead. ^^

In any case, if you've spares, go for it. I sure as hell found it worth it. You won't be taking it to high levels (because of how hard it is to find Blaze and Hell's Chamber to make it viable), but for non-endgame content, it's perfectly fine.

In any case, if you've spares, go for it. I sure as hell found it worth it. You won't be taking it to high levels (because of how hard it is to find Blaze and Hell's Chamber to make it viable), but for non-endgame content, it's perfectly fine.

What really makes it endgame viable aside from the basic damage + multishot mods is how being a shotgun, it can have 150% AP damage. If it weren't for that, I don't think it'd be very good later on.