Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problem with gun arcanes and my potential solution

Xardis

All 3 types depend on you getting to kills to get the buffs, this doesnt cover content where you dont get to kill enemies, or it would be very much out of the way to kill them just to get the buff, or even normal missions not in solo if you dont get that many kills. In those situations both new mods and arcanes give you nothing or almost nothing.

I would like a 4th gun arcanes printed: Arcane Primary/Secondary Restraint.

Each rank would give you +60% damage, on kill -15% damage for 12s, stacks up to x4.

This flips the mechanic so that your weapon would have the buff all of the time untill you killed something with it allowing it to work in situations where the other arcanes would not, and by extention, it wouldnt work where the others do.

Im debating if it should have the full damage buff of the other arcanes or not, if it should be a kill with the arcance on it or on it should trigger on any kill.

Im also not sure about rank 5 bonus like the other gun arcances have. Maybe some punch through but that would make it innately less useful to have maxed in some situations. Maybe +40% cc and sc bonus.

13 minutes ago, Dauggie said:

there is an entire frame who's abilities are useless if there are no enemies around, you think they gonna change a pitiful arcane?

the frame is grendel.

He's not the only Warframe with questionable decisions in regards to how the game plays out, especially when you consider multi-player.

The only "fix" to the arcanes and mods is getting rid of kill conditions. There is no reason why they had to be a thing to begin with, there's no balancing logic to it. In any content with frequent enemies, all the meta weapons start off at max stats basically and stay there forever.

Even worse when you consider DE suggesting weapon swapping should be a thing, but all these things stack based on the weapon it's equipped on [weapon it requires for a trigger], and not kills in general. This means your ability or dots last hitting denies the stack or refresh, and you're required to keep swapping to maintain all these silly stacks that were meant to be a "buff".

It's also silly DE stated the previous melee damage caused a "divide" in the arsenal, and DE's logic is actually creating a divide. There's no reason why all these band-aid fixes DE adds needs to involve your arsenal fighting with itself, rather than just it all working together.

I'm 50/50 on whether maybe the kill conditions were just caution on their part, because that caution wasnt needed on bezerker whcih has the same treatment as they already knew how powerful that was so didnt need to cap it at kills and inch it down on player request. I mean growing power still gives you a free augur secrets for *checks notes* doing literally anything damage wise in most scenarios. These kinds of effects definitely need to be workshopped more as theres definitely a balance to be struck.

Hey, if it was up to me, we wouldnt have created the arcanes or stacking in a way its done now, I would have moved pure +damage mods into a new gun "stance" slot and maybe printed some mods, like +200% crit chance on weak spot. And most likely implemented a major riven rework as an added bonus. But this is my realistic shot at something that DE missed in this update and that can be implemented easly.

Archived