Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Founders Gifts - Some Size Information Would Be Useful

Kinderghast

Hi,

So I just received an email with a link to claim my Founders Reward - which appears to be a shirt.

What is not helpful is that there is absolutely zero size information in that email, or on the form page, or anywhere on the website.

I am in Australia, which usually means a medium shirt over here is an XXS shirt if order from America.

I am not saying you are all fat, but you have wierd sizing systems. (Don't even get me started about womens clothes and the $&*&*#(%& way they are sized differently in various countries)

In any case, you should really provide some sort of measurements or a proper sizing chart from the actual manufacturer.

It would absolutely suck to order a medium "to be safe" and end up with a tent-sized american lard-&#! shirt that will never ever get worn because I want a T-Shirt not a Muumuu.

ALSO ARE THESE MENS OR WOMANS SIZES!!! I missed this but it was just pointed out to me by my partner

I have also raised a support request for this issue (Request #80508) as it directly relates to the founders program.

Edited by Kinderghast

A quick Google search yielded this info:

Australian Size = US Size 
-------------------------------- 
XS, S = S

M, L = M 

XL, XXL = L 

3XL, 4XL = XL 

5XL, 6XL = 2XL 

7XL, 8XL = 3XL

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_convert_American_shirt_sizes_to_Australian_shirt_sizes'>Source

Honestly, I'm a little disappointed that they didn't go up to 3XL. Yeah, I'm a fat American. Fine. But even if I went down to my target weight, I'd still probably be an XL, at best. Small I ain't.

'Murica! I'm getting the XXL because either my fiancee will wear it like a nightgown, or it will shrink, so whatever. I agree, though, that size information would be nice.

Also, for the ignorant, Digital Extremes is a Canadian company. I'm not saying that you don't know that, OP. It just seems like you're under the impression it is.

Edited by Zachles

Hi,

I am not saying you are all fat, but you have wierd sizing systems. (Don't even get me started about womens clothes and the $&*&*#(%& way they are sized differently in various countries)

It would absolutely suck to order a medium "to be safe" and end up with a tent-sized american lard-&#! shirt that will never ever get worn because I want a T-Shirt not a Muumuu.

XD LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL ur right though a ton of people are on the heavy unit size im in between chubby and average leaning toward average with my exercise.

damn son, tell us how you really feel =P

but ya there prolly should be more info available

and sure murica's got some fatties, but they're not ALL fat

Going on sizing from places like Tee-Fury and other American retailers, you all big boned, damn.

A "Small" from one of those places is easily a loose medium in Australia.

A quick Google search yielded this info:

Source

Honestly, I'm a little disappointed that they didn't go up to 3XL. Yeah, I'm a fat American. Fine. But even if I went down to my target weight, I'd still probably be an XL, at best. Small I ain't.

Which is all good, but means absolutely nothing depending on who actually manufactures the shirts

'Murica! I'm getting the XXL because either my fiancee will wear it like a nightgown, or it will shrink, so whatever. I agree, though, that size information would be nice.

Also, for the ignorant, Digital Extremes is a Canadian company. I'm not saying that you don't know that, OP. It just seems like you're under the impression it is.

I know they are Canadian but I am assuming they will go with an American T-Shirt printer and distributer (with the actual work done in some third world sweatshop) as it will be much cheaper.

Canada is like Australia - they get a ridiculous markup just for being Non-American on practically everything.

I know they are Canadian but I am assuming they will go with an American T-Shirt printer and distributer (with the actual work done in some third world sweatshop) as it will be much cheaper.

Canada is like Australia - they get a ridiculous markup just for being Non-American on practically everything.

I lived in Canada for a short time. I was six years old, though.

Anyways, yeah, you might be correct in that assumption.

Shoot, is there any way to change size order? I just went for large unthinkingly since that I what I wear in NZ, but it sounds like I'd swim in it...

I guess just contact Support. I don't think there is a way to change it...

but not knowing who they are going with for printing, what material the shirts are, are they preshrunk, etc makes choosing kind of difficult.

absolutely. i'm not sort've concerned. i'd love to wear this shirt. but there's a lot of important factors we need to know. 

especially preshunk. if it is, how much? i've still had clothing shrink over time even if it is 'preshrunk'. so i don't believe that word very much. 

but i don't want to say i want 'XXL' to compensate for shrinking and have it end up as a tent by accident, or the reverse, and it shrinks and can't be worn anymore. 

Like OP said, even between mfrs there is a huge discrepancy in sizing. I am an XL, yet I have some shirts that are L, and some that are XXL. It really just depends on the cut. Since I am currently in Slim-Down Mode, I went ahead and got the XL and am hoping for the best!

GL to all!!!  Enjoy your ten... erm... T-shirts!  XD

EDIT: Oh, and as always... wash COLD, tumble dry LOW, or HANG dry.  ;-)

Edited by Thunder_Chief