Is it just me or did the "Fan the Hammer" alt fire trend on Secondaries get old real quick?

Zahnny

Not trying to start drama, but I've noticed it seems to have become a sort of trend for secondaries in Warframe to gain a fan the hammer alt fire.

First time it was cool, second time it was okay I guess, third time it began to feel old, now I internally groan when I find it as the alt fire on certain weapons.

One of my favourite secondaries is the Detron/Mara Detron, and when my first non-ephemera sister had it as their weapon, I was pretty excited but after getting it...I'll be honest, I was really let down. It feels like a downgrade to me personally when compared to the Mara Detron.

Less damage. While it has higher crit stats, I never really saw the Detron as a crit based weapon. Not to mention it loses out on the extra magazine capacity of the Mara Detron, and the only gimmick to the Tenet Detron was a fan the hammer option. I'm not really sure what I was expecting when I got it, but I feel rather let down and would rather stick with the Mara Detron variant instead.

If you love Fan the Hammer options on pistols that's great I guess, but to me it feels like a waste of ammo. If anything I wish Fan the Hammer was a mod that could be applied to singular pistols with semi-auto firerates. Or just making Fan the Hammer have different effects for the different guns that use it. For the Tenet Detron, it could have an innate Thermagnetic Shells when killing enemies with the alt fire.

Edited by Zahnny

My issue is that you are physically not allowed to aim down sights while doing so. And I have not freaking clue why -- we're not literally fanning the hammer on these things, we're pressing a button and the gun does the rest of the shooting for us. Let me aim down the sights when I press that button!

• Like 5

yes, alternate Modes that are basically all the same gets old quick. whether it be a Magdump or a Grenade, these things are so overused that it's no longer interesting.
if you want Weapons to be more unique, actually give them unique features.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Not trying to start drama, but I've noticed it seems to have become a sort of trend for secondaries in Warframe to gain a fan the hammer alt fire.

I can think of the pandero, the kraken, and now the detron, are there others Im missing?

8 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Less damage. While it has higher crit stats, I never really saw the Detron as a crit based weapon. Not to mention it loses out on the extra magazine capacity of the Mara Detron, and the only gimmick to the Tenet Detron was a fan the hammer option. I'm not really sure what I was expecting when I got it, but I feel rather let down and would rather stick with the Mara Detron variant instead.

To play devils advocate, while the mara does have higher base damage (40 per pellet), the tenent detron has its elemental bonus, which allows it to reach 42 per pellet from its original 26. While it does also lose 3.7% status per projectile, the 10% crit and .5 crit multiplier increase also drastically help with damage, especially when builf hybrid, something the Mara could never do

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

I can think of the pandero, the kraken, and now the detron, are there others Im missing?

To play devils advocate, while the mara does have higher base damage (40 per pellet), the tenent detron has its elemental bonus, which allows it to reach 42 per pellet from its original 26. While it does also lose 3.7% status per projectile, the 10% crit and .5 crit multiplier increase also drastically help with damage, especially when builf hybrid, something the Mara could never do

Ah, I did forget about the higher multishot and I always forget about the elemental bonus.

Still, the lowered mag size is what really bothers me about the weapon.

Just now, Zahnny said:

Ah, I did forget about the higher multishot and I always forget about the elemental bonus.

Still, the lowered mag size is what really bothers me about the weapon.

Thats fair. I know I personally miss my extra 4 bullets from my vaykor hek, and with the kuva hek not allowed to use scattered justice I might as well abandon it anyway for Vaykor i guess :/ 

It's still leagues better than the stupid alt fire mode that Kuva Quartakk, Tenet Diplos and Quatz has.

26 minutes ago, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

Cyanex and Nagantaka, also Grakata, but it needs mod for that.

48 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

If you love Fan the Hammer options on pistols that's great I guess, but to me it feels like a waste of ammo.

to each their own, but a fan-fire mode works much better on a shotgun than a regular pistol: Kuva Kraken was meh at best regardless of how you fire it, but being able to fire 6 Detron shots in the blink of an eye is a great way to get rid of nully bubbles and stubborn Bombards; the sheer volume of fire makes it worthwhile.

but I will say that it's been done enough times now. Pandero, Pandero Prime, Cyanex, Kuva Kraken and Tenet Detron are enough. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zahnny said:

innate Thermagnetic Shells

Forget the mag-dump (fan hammer) alt fire. this is useless to me because I've been using Macros all this time anyway and can dump the mag just by holding down my Turbo Trigger.

on the other hand. Innate Thermagnetic Shells would be a Worthy special feature for the Tenet Detron

-especially considering that the Hybrid crit/stat nature of the Tenet, makes finding a spare Mod Slot for the Therm Augment difficult.

this was no problem with the Mara, since it was a stat weapon. the Tenet reducing status chance and forcing a hybrid build is actually a downgrade because now there's less room for these non-mandatory fun mods.

Edited by (PSN)haphazardlynamed

And I wonder why the kitguns don't allow an under-barrel attachment. It's a really common gun customization feature in this decade.

Warframe goes with the most basic grip-loader-chamber 3 components which I gotta say is the laziest gun customization system design.

They can add ornament, muzzle, under-barrel attment, scope, stock, element for starters even a player can easily name a few.

Edited by Marvelous_A
  • Like 1