Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1000 Points in a K-Drive trick Chain = Not people/persons with disabilities friendly.

Blood_Poppy

If your left arm isn't easily able to move/jump/crouch simultaneously, you might have better luck with the "bunnyhopping" method where you can maintain score without needing to grind on railings. The left hand (assuming you're on keyboard) only needs to move and jump, albeit with strict timing.

If moving (i.e. holding W and doing nothing else) is the only thing your arm is allowing you to do, you might have better luck temporarily moving Jump to one of the mouse buttons before trying this method. It's clunky, but it should be sufficient since your right hand will be doing all the work.

Just now, SortaRandom said:

If your left arm is too injured to move/jump/crouch simultaneously, you might have better luck with the "bunnyhopping" method where you can maintain score without needing to grind on railings. The left hand (assuming you're on keyboard) only needs to move and jump, albeit with strict timing.

If moving (i.e. holding W and doing nothing else) is the only thing you're currently able to do without your left hand hurting, you might have better luck temporarily moving Jump to one of the mouse buttons before trying this method!

I wish i can do that, but my hand coordination are so bad, the highest point i ever made are 600++

1 minute ago, Blood_Poppy said:

I wish i can do that, but my hand coordination are so bad, the highest point i ever made are 600++

Yeah, it takes a bit of practice to get the timing. Getting 600+ is already pretty good, though; you just gotta keep doing it until you can nail the jump more consistently XD

If you haven't already, try doing it on perfectly flat ground. Lakes in both PoE and Fortuna work really well for this!

Just now, SortaRandom said:

Yeah, it takes a bit of practice to get the timing. Getting 600+ is already pretty good, though; you just gotta keep doing it until you can nail the jump more consistently XD

If you haven't already, try doing it on perfectly flat ground. Lakes in both PoE and Fortuna work really well for this!

I don't want risk myself getting limp arm.. i think i will pass the quest.. and read the comic online.

Clan mate suggested The Pearl to do most of the requirements.  I cleared them by going in circles while jumping over the ramps.  Took a bit but got the timing down eventually.  

Spoiler

unknown.png

unknown.png

For the 10x trick thing, I did a Big Jump™, hit space bar then CTRL to lock back into Grind, Big Jump™ and hit Right Mouse Key and CTRL to lock back into Grind.  

Fell into the hole a lot but, got there in the end.

32 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Clan mate suggested The Pearl to do most of the requirements.

There's a long straight pipe on the opposite side of the elevator door which I find much more convenient. You can just chain slide/jump/tricks indefinitely if you do a big jump at the end of the pipe followed by a U turn. However I don't know how practical it is when it comes to disabilities. :/

2 minutes ago, Redeye said:

There's a long straight pipe on the opposite side of the elevator door which I find much more convenient. You can just chain slide/jump/tricks indefinitely if you do a big jump at the end of the pipe followed by a U turn. However I don't know how practical it is when it comes to disabilities. :/

I found it easier to do the circle, especially as the requirements kept increasing. 

12 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I found it easier to do the circle, especially as the requirements kept increasing. 

To each their own I guess. :)

By the way @Blood_Poppy, (stupid) question: do you have some mods equipped on your K-Drive? Like the trick multiplier boost one, the jump height one and the jump charge time one for example? That's what's on top of my head but chances are that they could help you a lot if you didn't equip them yet. If you already did or if they don't help much, well... there's not much else I can think of.

The more I read/hear people talking about this quest the more I think that making an optional gimmick (K-Drive) the center of a Warframe quest wasn't exactly the best thing to do. I personally didn't mind it but I can understand why people react as they do, even without disabilities.

4 minutes ago, Redeye said:

The game gives me motion sickness sometimes, doing fast tricks and changing direction quickly is disorientating.  The Pearl allowed me to complete the quest easily be removing things that caused motion sickness because it was one direction and simple.

9 minutes ago, Redeye said:

By the way @Blood_Poppy, (stupid) question: do you have some mods equipped on your K-Drive? Like the trick multiplier boost one, the jump height one and the jump charge time one for example? That's what's on top of my head but chances are that they could help you a lot if you didn't equip them yet. If you already did or if they don't help much, well... there's not much else I can think of.

The more I read/hear people talking about this quest the more I think that making an optional gimmick (K-Drive) the center of a Warframe quest wasn't exactly the best thing to do. I personally didn't mind it but I can understand why people react as they do, even without disabilities.

Owh.. I do.. but the highest i can get are 600++ 

14 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

The game gives me motion sickness sometimes, doing fast tricks and changing direction quickly is disorientating.  The Pearl allowed me to complete the quest easily be removing things that caused motion sickness because it was one direction and simple.

same here.. that why I don't do railjack & archwing much...

Just now, Blood_Poppy said:

same here.. that why I don't do railjack & archwing much...

Yeeeah, I avoid those as well.  I'm pretty useless and lucky that I have friends who are willing to help me out with those kinds of missions. 

Just now, Blood_Poppy said:

**hugs**

Oh, I did find that dropping from a really high point helped with the harder tricks.  You can actually switch between AW & KDrive; I went as high up as I could, went out of AW & popped the KDrive (hotkeys may be a good idea)  and managed to get a couple tricks out before hitting the ground.

Cookie Monster Love GIF by Sesame Street

27 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Oh, I did find that dropping from a really high point helped with the harder tricks.  You can actually switch between AW & KDrive; I went as high up as I could, went out of AW & popped the KDrive (hotkeys may be a good idea)  and managed to get a couple tricks out before hitting the ground.

Cookie Monster Love GIF by Sesame Street

I think i will try that.. 

i think you can probably manage if you use the long Pipes outside of Fortuna, and chain it back and forth. then whatever you can perform, just switch between those and keep going back and forth until you meet the bar.

you can do Tricks without Sprinting as well so you cover less distance doing them, giving you more opportunities to do simple Tricks before having to turn around.

2 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Ah. Well I can understand why there's no contest between the pearl and the pipe for you then. Completely understandable.

1 hour ago, Blood_Poppy said:

Owh.. I do.. but the highest i can get are 600++ 

Well. In this case I'm out of ideas but it looks like MagPrime still has leads. Best I can say if you try again sometime is best of luck Tenno!

Hey I'm disabled too and repeat motions like the tricks has always been a problem for me, I've got a way you *should* be able to complete this though. You don't need any mods and while it takes a little bit it's fairly low impact.

First step is go into warframes bindings and change the hold to crouch binding to the toggle crouch binding

unknown.png

Now that you are using toggle crouch you can infinitely grind without having to hold the button just tap once

Second you head to the pearl. It's got a round ring with a few sections you need to jump this means you don't have to worry about aiming with anything other than the mouse leaving your entire left hand free to only press jump.

Warframe0164_LI.jpg

blue is the grinding ring red are the blocks to jump over

Now you get on your kdrive and jump onto the ring while hitting crouch once as long as you keep the mouse oriented to maintain the grind you will automatically keep grinding. you'll need to charge jump over each red obstacle but that shouldn't be an issue because you can use your entire hand to hit the space bar, move the arm at the elbow if you need to you just need to apply pressure to the key. after your first jump the multiplier will go up to x3 so once you hit 400 points hop off the ring and untoggle crouch you'll have 1200 points.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Blood_Poppy:

Please DE, can you bypass this or reduce the requirement for it?

I have an accident few years ago and causing Post-traumatic hand tremor on my left arm, that cause me hard to  executed K-Drive Tricks..

I would complain at a higher instance because that is not tolerant at all!
game content should be possible for everyone !!!

not specific to this but....

invest in a mouse with good macro support. i have neuropathy in my left hand, making some key combos difficult or downright impossible. so...i have a corsair iron claw mouse...its got 10 buttons, all freely mapable, and a pretty comprehensive, easy to use macro builder.

now theres lots of things i can do that were impossible for me before.

Archived