Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So is the Tenet Tetra bugged or what?

Traumtulpe

1600 base damage explosion (the highest in the game, I think), and 0% damage falloff (as the only weapon in the game), make this pretty easily the best AoE gun, and by extension the best gun, and considering recent nerfs the best weapon, in the game.

It is also quite easy and quick to get, with no mastery requirement.

I don't think you need a PhD to understand that this weapon will be nerfed, whether the original stats were intentional or not, I just think it is irresponsible of DE to, as usual, silently let players invest into the new best weapon in the game before making it unremarkable at best (with it becoming subpar far from unrealistic).

That being said, post your nerf predictions, funny reasoning and all:

Damage falloff from 0% to 90%, increased ammo cost of the secondary fire to 81. It was never our intention to release a weapon that clearly says 0% damage falloff in it's profile, and let players invest into it for an extended period of time. We also fixed a bug where you could use the alt fire without magazine enhancing mods, this feature was originally intended to enhance the weapons strategically valuable modding variety.

I think most of the Tenet weapons are janky atm. They dumped that stuff, did some lightning quick hotfixes, and ran off to do Tennocon.

Like the Flux Rifle, its Overdrive mod is bugged to all hell, its beams work super weird with its effects staying in one spot or slowly disappears.

41 minutes ago, TomCruisesSon said:

Like the Flux Rifle, its Overdrive mod is bugged to all hell, its beams work super weird

The Tenet Flux Rifle isn't a beam weapon, which makes it cause a lot weaker status effects than the regular Flux Rifle. Flux Overdrive supposedly adds 400% status chance, so it is indeed bugged, but I don't expect this to get fixed within the next year or two.

I mean, half of their new and shiny gun buffs don't even work (headshot kills don't count status effects, gun CO doesn't work on projectiles). They'll be busy for a good long time.

And by the way, CO still doesn't work on glaive explosions (heavy attacks), so the gun CO mods might very well never get fixed.

8 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

1600 base damage explosion (the highest in the game, I think), and 0% damage falloff (as the only weapon in the game), make this pretty easily the best AoE gun, and by extension the best gun, and considering recent nerfs the best weapon, in the game.

I personally think it'll be nerfed for the reasons you mentioned, and I even said so on day 1 of the update in a thread talking about it. It was my first tenet weapon. However even in its current state I don't think it's such an undisputed "best weapon of the game" like you said. It can't be spammed due to the one shot and then long reload mechanic, while other guns can be spammed almost nonstop. Sure, you can use energized munitions to lower that drawback, but that costs one power slot in helminth. I mean, I'd rate it in "top 3 guns" for sure, easily, probably first if you slot energized munitions together with arcane merciless for fast reload.

However, I don't think it comes even close to glaive prime levels of power. Glaive prime also doesn't have dmg falloff in its AoE, it's a heavy atk build, which wasn't nerfed by other melee nerfs, the nerf it had is insignificant since you just use amalgam organ shatter to minimize/negate the charge time nerf, it can be spammed nonstop on top of not even consuming ammo at all, and it scales MUCH better. It forces a bleed proc every throw, whereas tenet tetra (and other primaries) only have that 30% chance from hunter munitions. And even then that's assuming you use a perfect roll riven to get above 100% critical chance. 

1 minute ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

However, I don't think it comes even close to glaive prime levels of power. Glaive prime also doesn't have dmg falloff in its AoE, it's a heavy atk build, which wasn't nerfed by other melee nerfs, the nerf it had is insignificant since you just use amalgam organ shatter to minimize/negate the charge time nerf, it can be spammed nonstop on top of not even consuming ammo at all, and it scales MUCH better. It forces a bleed proc every throw, whereas tenet tetra (and other primaries) only have that 30% chance from hunter munitions. And even then that's assuming you use a perfect roll riven to get above 100% critical chance.

While you are not wrong, you aren't precisely correct either. First of all, Glaive Prime will get nerfed, that much is certain. However, it dealing even more damage than the Tenet Tetra is irrelevant until levels in the thousands, which 99% of players do not care for at all.

The nerf was actually severe, it is now a lot clunkier to use, and a lot slower, making it a lot worse than regular AoE guns until levels at which they can no longer oneshot (level 300 Steel Path maybe?)

2 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

The Tennet Flux Rifle isn't a beam weapon, which makes cause a lot less status effects than the regular Flux Rifle. Flux Overdrive supposedly adds 400% status chance, so it is indeed bugged, but I don't expect this to get fixed within the next year or two.

I mean, half of their new and shiny gun buffs don't even work (headshot kills don't count status effects, gun CO doesn't work on projectiles). They'll be busy for a good long time.

I honestly like the way the new Flux Rifle works with it shooting a million lil individual laser beam projectile things. But yeah Flux Overdrive is either going to be unacknowledged for a while until fixed, or they are just gonna prevent the mod from being used on it when they get back to updating.

A lot of stuff with this update is not working properly, like the Tenet melee weapons have parts that wont change colors or has some obviously unintended game breaking mechanics. The Tenet Grigori apparently has some weird interactions with its sliding heavy attack beam not disappearing if you are at 0 combo.

2 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

The nerf was actually severe, it is now a lot clunkier to use, and a lot slower, making it a lot worse than regular AoE guns until levels at which they can no longer oneshot (level 300 Steel Path maybe?)

I mean, I guess there might be some level of subjectivity in this, but to me the glaive nerf was minor, not even close to severe at all. I use glaives a lot, both before and after the update. It barely made a dent in actual gameplay for me. It's like, your throw is slightly slower, but before the enemies didn't even have time to respawn at all before your next throw. Now that extra nanosecond of charge time just gives them a little extra time to respawn before they die all over again. I took a bunch of these meta AoE weapons in 30 min survivals (so still low levels where guns still one shot them) to test them out with the new mods after the update, and the glaive killed at least as fast as the absolute best AoE guns. 

1 minute ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

I mean, I guess there might be some level of subjectivity in this, but to me the glaive nerf was minor, not even close to severe at all. I use glaives a lot [...] the glaive killed at least as fast as the absolute best AoE guns.

You obviously exclusively use full charge throws then, these are indeed just as good as before, and still oneshot level 9999, just charge a little bit slower. A shame you missed out on partially charged throws, which now need to charge almost as long as full charge (else they fail into regular melee attacks) and had their damage nerfed by 40%. They were really fun while they existed!

I cannot share your perspective on AoE guns at all however, missions I play now usually devolve into 4 players with explosive weapons, where the deciding factor in who gets 90% of the kills is movement speed alone. If you are too slow you never even get to see an enemy.

I think any player who looks at that 0% fall off and thinks that's fine and not going to get changed is delusional.   It looks like a clear oversight by de.  It might take a while to fix cos of tennocon, or it could get fixed tmrw, no way of telling.  But it will surely get fixed.  I wouldn't even call it a nerf when it happens cos its such a blatant outlier when compared with similar weapons.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Hyperion Rexx said:

It might take a while to fix cos of tennocon

Now, I'm not a programmer, but I'd imagine you could fix this as easily as replacing a number with another. Why would it take a long time to do then? DE not knowing about it should be impossible - it says 0% damage falloff right there. If they were able to buff Yareli, how come they chose not to adress a very obvious and very easy to fix bug?

Just now, Traumtulpe said:

Now, I'm not a programmer, but I'd imagine you could fix this as easily as replacing a number with another. Why would it take a long time to do then? DE not knowing about it should be impossible - it says 0% damage falloff right there. If they were able to buff Yareli, how come they chose not to adress a very obvious and very easy to fix bug?

Hey, don't ask me.  DE sometimes take quite a while to fix stuff that looks straightforward, sometimes they're quick.  Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it, just the way de are.

Doesn't change the fact that 0% fall off looks fishy as f though.  Should they fix it quick, yes, of course.  But its tennocon literally tmrw.  For once ill accept the excuse that they are actually busy right now.   And fixing yarelli is different cos that drives plat sales.  Fixing a tenet weapon does not affect their bottom line.

26 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

its gonna take awhile cause of tennocon because DE said they werent going to drop anymore updates (except to fix literal game breaking issues) until after tennocon.

1 minute ago, Miser_able said:

its gonna take awhile cause of tennocon because DE said they werent going to drop anymore updates (except to fix literal game breaking issues) until after tennocon.

I'm not asking why it will take a long time from now, because this hasn't become known just today - it was obvious on the first day of the update. There were several patches since.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Traumtulpe:

It is also quite easy and quick to get, with no mastery requirement.

I don't think you need a PhD to understand that this weapon will be nerfed, whether the original stats were intentional or not, I just think it is irresponsible of DE to, as usual, silently let players invest into the new best weapon in the game before making it unremarkable at best (with it becoming subpar far from unrealistic).

That being said, post your nerf predictions, funny reasoning and all:

Damage falloff from 0% to 90%, increased ammo cost of the secondary fire to 81. It was never our intention to release a weapon that clearly says 0% damage falloff in it's profile, and let players invest into it for an extended period of time. We also fixed a bug where you could use the alt fire without magazine enhancing mods, this feature was originally intended to enhance the weapons strategically valuable modding variety.

not.
in addition, it is not a pure aoe weapon. and kuva zarr works much better. with matching arcanes (I'm sure not to say how) and 1 buff skill it is number 1 all-round weapon in the game in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

I cannot share your perspective on AoE guns at all however, missions I play now usually devolve into 4 players with explosive weapons, where the deciding factor in who gets 90% of the kills is movement speed alone. If you are too slow you never even get to see an enemy.

oh, all the tests I did was playing in solo mode. In public match making I don't even bother too much. Honestly Warframe is one of the only coop games I can think of where it's usually less fun to play coop LOL (outside of Grineer Railjack, that I think is genuinely fun to play in a squad). Coop is still more efficient for farming many things, including XP, but players have so much power that like you said a single player speedrunning the mission with an AoE weapon/power will do 90% of the kills/job. 

25 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

not.
in addition, it is not a pure aoe weapon. and kuva zarr works much better. with matching arcanes (I'm sure not to say how) and 1 buff skill it is number 1 all-round weapon in the game in my opinion.

I still didn't farm the kuva zarr. I keep hearing how great it is, but I couldn't be bothered trying to spawn and valence fusion one with such a diluted pool of 19 kuva weapons. So I just focused on the tenet weapons for now. But I'll try to get one next week! 

Tenet Tetra, even though bugged, isnt so very good except on paper. People seem to forget the reload time that is long, which results in low dps and usefulness. Even the Tenet Envoy feels slow with 0.8 rockets per second. Tenet Tetra is effectively 1 AoE per 2.2 seconds if you dont mod for reload, which still doesnt bring it down low enough in reload to be really effective.

Kuva Zarr on the other hand has a good amount of ammo, single shot short reload and can benefit from passive reload mechanics like synth mods. Tenet Tetra isnt helped one bit by synth mods since it needs 80 ammo to be able to fire the AoE.

I think fall off is naturally going to be added, but a nerf beyond that is far from needed since it is currently, even with the 0% drop off only an OK AoE gun in action.

vor 11 Minuten schrieb --END--Rikutatis:

oh, all the tests I did was playing in solo mode. In public match making I don't even bother too much. Honestly Warframe is one of the only coop games I can think of where it's usually less fun to play coop LOL (outside of Grineer Railjack, that I think is genuinely fun to play in a squad). Coop is still more efficient for farming many things, including XP, but players have so much power that like you said a single player speedrunning the mission with an AoE weapon/power will do 90% of the kills/job. 

I still didn't farm the kuva zarr. I keep hearing how great it is, but I couldn't be bothered trying to spawn and valence fusion one with such a diluted pool of 19 kuva weapons. So I just focused on the tenet weapons for now. But I'll try to get one next week! 

I don't know if it's random. and what the code looks like. only I get it very often. now I just started one with hammer proc (garbage?) -> for fun.
and the only thing missing is the new arch weapon. I would probably even distribute them to beginners + suitable mods.

vor 38 Minuten schrieb Traumtulpe:

But not without? Thanks for confirming what I said then.

without buff too. with buff double slash procs. omg i'm just saying. 2 hours SP surv and elite greener tip over after 2-5 sec. And with kuva zarr I can very well play with 11.62 range.

This is exactly what is missing in Tenet Tetra and without a loot warframe or ammo aura, pure aoe is hardly playable. and aura is the key to top damage. soon there will be a lot of topics about it.
also reloading is annoying after every shot. the weapons were not compared in excel and the balance is completely missing.

also headshot does fatal damage with shotgun from kuva zarr with new arcane and mods. slash proc cleans everything away with 1-2 seconds even if you don't need it. and with heaps of arcane / mod buffs even gunblade 1-shots accolytes with 3mil red crits after an hour in SP surv.

... I missed that at Tenet Tetra, too.

8 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

without buff too. with buff double slash procs. omg i'm just saying. 2 hours SP surv and elite greener tip over after 2-5 sec. And with kuva zarr I can very well play with 11.62 range.

This is exactly what is missing in Tenet Tetra and without a loot warframe or ammo aura, pure aoe is hardly playable. and aura is the key to top damage. soon there will be a lot of topics about it.
also reloading is annoying after every shot. the weapons were not compared in excel and the balance is completely missing.

also headshot does fatal damage with shotgun from kuva zarr with new arcane and mods. slash proc cleans everything away with 1-2 seconds even if you don't need it. and with heaps of arcane / mod buffs even gunblade 1-shots accolytes with 3mil red crits after an hour in SP surv.

... I missed that at Tenet Tetra, too.

Acolytes don't scale. They are the same after one hour. 11.62 range is low, I recommend using a better weapon and Amalgam Furax Body Count. So you use Arcane Avenger, that is nothing special. Shooting one enemy is a waste of time, anything that survives an AoE hit has DPS cap and status immunity anyway.

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Traumtulpe:

Acolytes don't scale. They are the same after one hour. 11.62 range is low, I recommend using a better weapon and Amalgam Furax Body Count. So you use Arcane Avenger, that is nothing special. Shooting one enemy is a waste of time, anything that survives an AoE hit has DPS cap and status immunity anyway.

enough. there isn't much more to it.
and I want to keep gunblade because I like the way I play.

btw.: post a screenshot of your Tenet Tetra build.
you seem to be an experienced player. for many it is interesting!

edit:
with Amalgam Furax Body Count, I only have 13.01 range.
well ... and a garbage mele weapon for that. is not worth it at all

vor 3 Stunden schrieb TomCruisesSon:

I think most of the Tenet weapons are janky atm. They dumped that stuff, did some lightning quick hotfixes, and ran off to do Tennocon.

Like the Flux Rifle, its Overdrive mod is bugged to all hell, its beams work super weird with its effects staying in one spot or slowly disappears.

Yes. again it was not tested properly.
I can’t imagine that it’s so desired. because there is no balance.
kuva hek is another example. what the hell is that?

they have released a couple of top weapons and the rest is mastery fodder garbage.

Archived