Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So is the Tenet Tetra bugged or what?

Traumtulpe

For all we know, Tenet Tetra may not be nerfed/fixed, as the 0% falloff might be intentional. The same applies for Tenet Flux Rifle with its weird automatic rifle conversion that allows for the use of multishot. Both are good buffs and might be intended, but are such weird buffs that they look like bugs. It'd be nice if DE would let us know whether or not these are intended though.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

the 0% falloff might be intentional. The same applies for Tenet Flux Rifle with its weird automatic rifle conversion that allows for the use of multishot. Both are good buffs and might be intended

The 0% falloff is at most intentional until it becomes the most popular gun, at which point it retroactively changes to a bug and/or exploit. Flux Rifle being an automatic rifle instead of a beam is not a buff, it has 3 main effects:

1. Double ammo consumption (negative).
  2. No damage ramp up (positive).
  3. Severely less (about 1/3) damage from status effects (negative).

This is because of how beam weapons work currently, status effects double dip from multishot. While no additional beams are generated, the single beams status chance and damage are multiplied accordingly. And since status effects have their damage calculated per hit (really bad on shotguns), this results in much stronger status effects than on non-beam weapons.

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

The same applies for Tenet Flux Rifle with its weird automatic rifle conversion that allows for the use of multishot. Both are good buffs

Nope, Tenet Flux Rifle not being a beam is actually a nerf (fairly significant one at that). Beam weapons get way more mileage out of multishot than non-beams.

36 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

This is because of how beam weapons work currently, status effects double dip from multishot. While no additional beams are generated, the single beams status chance and damage are multiplied accordingly. And since status effects have their damage calculated per hit (really bad on shotguns), this results in much stronger status effects than on non-beam weapons.

36 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Nope, Tenet Flux Rifle not being a beam is actually a nerf (fairly significant one at that). Beam weapons get way more mileage out of multishot than non-beams.

Ok I wasn't aware of this mechanic. In that case it's probably unintended, since there's not really a reason to nerf Tenet Flux, but clarity on both Flux and Tetra would be great.

vor 32 Minuten schrieb BloodKitten:

its balanced by the ammo economy, STOP, ASKING, FOR, NERFS (unless its pvp in wich case nerf it out of the game)

Yes. people who want nerfs have no idea about anything and are like small children.
you can see it immediately.

5 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I only expect the falloff to be corrected to something like 50% at the edge.

That is some next level optimism. Let me remind you that the Bramma has 90%. I don't remember anything that isn't mastery fodder with 50% or better.

2 minutes ago, Eyn_Sof said:

You didn't get a headshot kill you just got a kill.

From a headshot. With the way armor works in this game, might as well just delete that condition.

2 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

Yes. people who want nerfs have no idea about anything and are like small children.
you can see it immediately.

The irony of this statement 😂

It’s actually the people who don’t understand why nerfs are necessary that act like small children.

To be clear, nobody *wants* stuff to be weak. But those of us with working brains understand that balance is crucial to the health of any game, and allowing things to remain OP is bad for the overall health of the game.

I actually don't think the 0% fall off was an oversight because the weapon basically instantly runs out of ammo without a ammo mutation and stills struggles too keep up ammo even with ammo mutation so the result is a weapon that kind relies on room wiping to function at all. Its a slow fire rate and terrible ammo economy weapon that relies on mods and high kill rate to maintain usability if you added falloff the weapon wouldn't be able to maintain any useful level of ammo economy.

26 minutes ago, PhantomGaming27249 said:

I actually don't think the 0% fall off was an oversight because the weapon basically instantly runs out of ammo without a ammo mutation and stills struggles too keep up ammo even with ammo mutation so the result is a weapon that kind relies on room wiping to function at all. Its a slow fire rate and terrible ammo economy weapon that relies on mods and high kill rate to maintain usability if you added falloff the weapon wouldn't be able to maintain any useful level of ammo economy.

*laughs in energized munitions*

1 hour ago, PhantomGaming27249 said:

I am using the Kuva Tonkor a lot, which has a similarly slow rate of fire (reload) and deals about 2/3 the damage, except it has 70% damage falloff and less range - it oneshots rooms full of enemies one hour into Steel Path missions.

Use Rifle Scavenger, that should fix your ammo issues.

9 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

That is some next level optimism. Let me remind you that the Bramma has 90%. I don't remember anything that isn't mastery fodder with 50% or better.

Yeah , compare everything that goes boom with the bramma that's a very fair assessment of every single aoe weapon that exists.

The Bramma has a lot going for it , its a bow with quick reload , it has extra cluster bombs that each have its own crit ,status chance and AOE.

If you really want something equivalent you need to look at things like the stahlta , trumna , K tonkorif you are only comparing the alt fire.

each of these weapos has something going for it that gives them better utility as well.

So while 50% might be optimistic, it is within the realms of reason.

10 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

I am using the Kuva Tonkor a lot, which has a similarly slow rate of fire (reload) and deals about 2/3 the damage, except it has 70% damage falloff and less range - it oneshots rooms full of enemies one hour into Steel Path missions.

Use Rifle Scavenger, that should fix your ammo issues.

No, KTonkor doesnt have similar fire rate. There is a huge difference between 1.5 sec reload and 2.2 sec as baseline. Which is one of the things that makes Bramma good, it barely has any downtime between shots.

hace 29 minutos, (XBOX)TyeGoo dijo:

I'm fairly certain that the 0% was an actual oversight.. don't forget they had an event.. it's not like OP magically shifted DE's minds..

It seems fine so far, in usual gameplay i barely notice it.. but that's probably mainly because i expected it to behave that way, i guess..

And my god playing solo with exclusively alt fire is horrible regarding ammo economy 😂 i still put 5 forma into it, because of the sisters name ^^ but I'm not gonna use it. I prefer shotguns currently 

I was thinking of using the headshot crit galvanized mod to see if it was viable in a hybrid build between the two fire rates. What do you think, I believe maybe that way itll be worth it.

Archived